Is Southwest Group B bad???

Moomduck1

DIS Veteran
I had been reading an earlier post where someone was Group A for boarding. I had several hours before I could print our boarding passes. I kept reminding myself over and over again to go online at 320pm. So what happens? I forget. I'm sitting in church at 430 when it dawns on me! So by the time I get home and I'm able to print the passes, we are group B numbers 1-6. Is there any chance at all we'll get good seats?? I haven't flown in over 15 years and I'm not exactly over my fear of flying.

Sure..I'd be happy with those B numbers. Still lots and lots of rows empty.

Sure..I'd be happy with those B numbers. Still lots and lots of rows empty.

OK, thanks so much. I have no idea what it is like to fly so I didn't know if that is good or bad. I was just hoping that we'd be able to sit near each other. Even if we're not all together. At least if we can each sit next to someone else in our party, I'd be happy.

Southwest does the medical pre boards lst, then A and then between the A and the B, they will do the family/child under 3? pre boards, So depending if you have lots of kids on the flight too it could affect the seating.

We actually had those seats, B 1-4 too and we ended up over half back in the plane, depends if everyone also takes up alot of the aisle seats etc.

I actualy read on flyer talk that the business guys are preferring getting a B1 as this will let them see where all the younger kids are sitting before they pick a seat etc.

You should be fine.

Halfway back is good..kids are often in the front. I have never had a begining B and not been able to sit with my family..even with a bunch of kids during last February break when there were 9 of us. All our seats were right next to each other. I don't think you need to worry. Halfway back or all the way back, is fine. The entire plane gets there at the same time and you have to all wait for luggage anyway. Don't worry, you'll be fine. When it's really crowded and they give out the c's, then I get a little worried...but even then, they announce for people to not bother trying to spread out and taking window and aisle seats leaving the middles empty, because the plane is full, and people start to close in the middle seats.

We actually had those seats, B 1-4 too and we ended up over half back in the plane, depends if everyone also takes up alot of the aisle seats etc.

I actualy read on flyer talk that the business guys are preferring getting a B1 as this will let them see where all the younger kids are sitting before they pick a seat etc.

You should be fine.

Those are actually idea seats on some ways. You've still got a ton of choices, and you have some idea where other people are sitting. You can see where potentially screaming babies sit - a potentially annoying group of school kids - the somewhat larger folks who might spill into your seat.

VERY good tips!!! I didn't even think about checking for some of those things, so we will certainly keep our eyes open. I would much rather sit apart from my family than to have a screaming baby right next to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter