Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not ride roller coasters with drops. I hate that feeling. I LOVE Rock N Roller Coaster. I don't mind going upside down or the corkscrews because you don't really feel much difference. Here's a tip about the acceleration, turn your head to the left or right instead of straight ahead and it's not as bad. What takes your breath is the air hitting you in the face. Believe me, it works.

I'm going to ride it this trip!! I always chicken out, but all these posts have convinced me to do it this year!

RnRC is pretty intense, much more so than anything at MK. It's very very fast, but also very smooth. I'm not a big coaster fan. Thunder Mtn is about right for me, and RnRC is definitely more intense. I liked it better than EE.

The part of the ride that I think is the worst is the take off. I felt like I had whiplash. Will never ride it again.

I was rear-ended in a car accident some years ago. My neck still acts up from time to time. For those of you who have ridden RnRC, do you think I should avoid it because of the quick start? I don't want my neck to be sore my whole trip.

Thanks.

I actually thought it was sort of blech. The launch is awesome, and it is a " thrill" ride, but it is over so so fast. I really liked EE so much better. It had a better story line, and the backwards thing was much more intense and unexpected than anything in RnR. I have never been on ToT ( I will go on this next trip for the fist time :cool1:) but I think if you can handle EE you can handle RnR.

Also I HATE Aerosmith, with a PASSION. I wish the ride came with earplugs!

I've got hundreds of roller coaster rides of all kinds under my belt, and RnRC always makes me scream like a little girl...
:eek:
Does that help?

I don't really love coasters, but my DS(9) really wanted me to ride R&R with him...how could I say no and dissapoint him. :scared1: WOW, REALLY FAST TAKE OFF :scared1: Very intense, but I must say, really fun... I loved "Sweet Emotion" blaring on my ride car as well... For me, it was definitely the most intense WDW attration:thumbsup2

RnRC goes upside down? Really? :rotfl: How did I miss that?

I'm a big coaster fan, as long as it doesn't go backwards (makes me motion sick). I've rode RnRC once. The take off is fast. But the rest of it didn't impress me. I thought ToT was much more of a thrill ride than RnRC.

It's funny how people can have such different impressions from the same ride!

I have one advice, don't ride on the last row!! It's too bumpy! I love the front row, it may look scary, but it is really smooth!!

if you are fine with expedition everest,then in my opinion RnR would be just fine. it is a fairly short ride

I don't go on coasters, but love Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror!
It must be a Disney thing.
I was slightly worried about RNR and my back this last trip, but I asked to ride towards the front and kept my head firmly pressed against the seat. I was fine all three times we rode it! I even kept my eyes wide open! :cool1:

I'm so glad to read this thread. I love roller coasters, but I'm not a fan of going upside down. I have promised DD that I will ride RNR with her next month for her birthday present :) so I'm glad to hear it's not too bad

We were there just last week and DS talked me into once again going on RNR. Even my DD10 and my niece who's 8 rode with us. They thought it was great but like always, I got really wussy while waiting for the coaster to "launch". Our picture is really funny -- DD has her eyes wide open with a terror-struck look on her face, Dniece is laughing hysterically (she loved it!) and I have my hand over my eyes. DS actually looked bored.

For me, that beginning acceleration is the worst part, once that's over the rest of the ride is a piece of cake. I agree with the PPs who say that the upside down parts are over before you know it.

I go on the biggest/fastest/most inversions coasters & they don't bother me one bit. I am a HUGE coaster fan. I love all the coasters at Disney. I even go on Gadget's Go Coaster at Disneyland. I went on Rock N Roller back in 2000 2 times & haven't been on it since then. I need to go on it again. It was pretty good though but pretty tame compared to the big upside down ones at Six Flags. But however the only coaster I feel a rush in my head(sort of like a dizzyness feeling) after getting off is California Screamin because it's so fast the whole time. But I still love it. Coasters are nothing to be afarid of. They are all about having fun & the restraints keep you safe.

For the longest time, RnRC was my last ride to conquer at WDW..I was a former ride chicken who managed to get herself onto ToT and EE. Actually EE is now my favorite.

I was determined that I was going to ride RnRC. I did it finally-Thank God for the single rider line..gave me less time to chicken out. I sat next to a very nice young man. I warned him that it was my first ride, therefore I may scream my head off.:lmao: He was nice enough to warn me when the corkscrew was coming and to give me tips(ie keep your head back against the headrest.) I bought the ride photo...you can see my tonsils!:rotfl2:

But, I ended up riding 4 more times before we left later that week. Even ended up able to do little poses for the other ride photos..now that I know what to expect, even the launch isn't that bad anymore. It's my second favorite ride now.:thumbsup2

Now, I was never a coaster fan before I went to Florida last April with DBF. He got me on all the big ones, for example, Kraken, The Hulk, Duelling Dragons etc and I was fine! Okay, scared to ride, but once I did them it was such a massive rush. I even went back and did them all over again on different visits.

So I queued for RnRC at DHS and wasn't expecting it to be too bad - I hated it :sad2: Worst one I'd rode. I do believe that it may have been because my head was bouncing on the side of the restraint throughout the whole ride :confused3 I came off and had the worst headache I've ever experienced, for at least 2 hours afterwards.

In its defence, I am going to try it again next year, as I'm going to try and hold my head as still as possible against the restraint and also, as someone else mentioned, take a deep breath before the initial launch. I'm interested to see if it's just me who had this experience and if I do have the same experience as last year when I ride again, I'll know its not one for me and I can pass on it whenever we visit again.

Just giving my opinion on this ride, but I do hope you decide to ride it out for yourself. Asking on here is great to gain advice and tips about riding, but going on the coaster yourself is the only real way you'll ever know if you can take it or not. Good Luck :wizard:

I conquered my fear a few years ago and it was fun fun fun! However.. I went on it this most recent trip and it really hurt my neck! I don't know if anything changed, but that will be the last time I go on it.

You really should give it a try.. it's a really cool ride and the upside-down parts are minimal and over quickly. Just push your head back on the head rest and enjoy!

I have one advice, don't ride on the last row!! It's too bumpy! I love the front row, it may look scary, but it is really smooth!!

I love roller coasters except those in the dark, up side down, corkscrews, real high drops, no problem. However, not seeing what is coming up scares the beejeezes out of me. :scared1: So every trip to WDW I ride Space Mountain and Rock n Roller Coaster once to see if I've change my mind, but I never do. I'll ride EE dozens of times and Thunder Mountain as many times as I can get on. But I might just have to give up on the indoor dark rides. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Anelise There is no where on RnRC that is smooth. I have the bruises to show for it.

I was rear-ended in a car accident some years ago. My neck still acts up from time to time. For those of you who have ridden RnRC, do you think I should avoid it because of the quick start? I don't want my neck to be sore my whole trip.

Thanks.
You will be fine. I was in a car accident in my late teens that caused such severe whiplash I passed out. Then about 10 years later I was rear ended and all my old injuries resurfaced. I was in PT and still am. I still have neck pain on occassion. That being said I rode RnRC no problem. It is nothing like whiplash. You are snug in a little seat that is so cozy and secure you will have no problems with your neck finding support. But I will add this....DO NOT GO ON THE TEACUPS!!! There is no neck support and my kids swung me around so hard my neck inguries resurfaced and I had a headach the rest of the day. But that was the only ride in all of WDW that caused my neck pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter