Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knieriem

DIS Veteran
Every time I go to WDW I chicken out on this ride. I am not a roller coaster fan at all. Up until recently I wouldn't ride anything but I conquered my fears on Big Thunder Mountain (I can actually ride with my eyes open now!) I've ridden Everest once..going to try it a 2nd time in November. Ridden Space Mountain once and Tower of Terror once as well.

Is Rock 'n' Roller coaster any different than these rides? I heard it goes upside down and that's my biggest fear. My husband loves coasters, he's ridden some of the biggest in the US, and says it's not a big deal that you don't notice being upside down.

I'm just afraid that I'll get on the ride and freak out. I don't want to be that person!

Anyone else out there conquered their fear and ridden this ride?

I can't ride roller coasters that go upside down either. I'm not scared of them, I just tend to get motion sickness. Rock n Roller Coaster is the exception. There is one loop at the beginning, but since it is in the dark, you really don't feel it (if that makes sense). There is also one corkscrew later in the ride, but it is over so fast that it shouldn't bother you. Also, the restraints hold you in so snugly in place that you feel secure. I actually have more problems on Everest because there is a lot of circular motion on that ride.

Go for it!!! My husband is a ride wuss, but he actually loves RnRC. His big fear is drops, and to a lesser extent, going upside down. He loves the fast start and he didn't even realize we went upside down two times until I told him afterwards... :lmao:

Every time I go to WDW I chicken out on this ride. I am not a roller coaster fan at all. Up until recently I wouldn't ride anything but I conquered my fears on Big Thunder Mountain (I can actually ride with my eyes open now!) I've ridden Everest once..going to try it a 2nd time in November. Ridden Space Mountain once and Tower of Terror once as well.

Is Rock 'n' Roller coaster any different than these rides? I heard it goes upside down and that's my biggest fear. My husband loves coasters, he's ridden some of the biggest in the US, and says it's not a big deal that you don't notice being upside down.

I'm just afraid that I'll get on the ride and freak out. I don't want to be that person!

Anyone else out there conquered their fear and ridden this ride?

Rock n roller coaster is MUCH faster than all of these rides...It is probably most similar to space mountain x 10..you do go upside down a few times and fast turns...the upside down stuff is fast but I think you notice it...

I LOVE it but I love coasters...it is an intense ride but fun..

I hate drops, which RnRc does not have (if it does, they are not noticeable). Because of my aversion to drops, I have tried and never again will go on Space Mountain or Expedition Everest. Compared to those two, RnRc to me is fantastic. The restraints are the best around...I feel totally secure in them which I never usually do on a roller coaster. And after that first initial launch, its so smooth and fast you just GO! You cant tell you are going upside down or anything. Please give it a try and let us know what you think. To me, if you can handle Everest, you can totally handle RnRc.

its funny...while in the ride line waiting to get on, I still get really, really nervous. Like, what the heck am I doing? And I almost chicken out. Then when I get on and ride it, I laugh and scream the whole time. And then we go to get on it again. Yep, I like it that much. I just have to force myself thru the getting on part. Totally worth it!

I'm not a roller coaster fan but DH is and I've ridden RnRC at least 12x and have been able to handle it. I feel worse on Space Mountain :confused3. I think it goes so fast that like the previous poster said, you almost don't notice it?

I have some motion sickness but can ride RNRC twice in a row with no problems. I do close my eyes during part of the ride but that is only because of the lights rushing at me, not because I'm scared.

I think Space Mountain is much "worse" than RNRC because Space Mountain is so rough. RNRC is much smoother. Also, you have restraints to hold you firm in the vehicle so you feel more secure.

Go and have a good time!!! You will be fine. Having said that, if you think you might have some motion sickness, just take a Dramamine in the morning. When I visit an amusement park, or before flying I always take one and don't have any problems as long as I don't ride more than 3x in a row. LOL.

Go - have fun.

I'm not a roller coaster fan but DH is and I've ridden RnRC at least 12x and have been able to handle it. I feel worse on Space Mountain :confused3. I think it goes so fast that like the previous poster said, you almost don't notice it?

Yes, you dont notice it because its so very smooth. Or thats how it is with me at least.

I just close my eyes and scream - REAL loud. That's what coasters are for!!! However, in my humble yet honest opinion it really isn't that bad. I'm more nervous at the launch because I never look good in the pictures...:scared1:

It is far more intense than those other rides - but it's over VERY quickly (too quickly for ME).

Since I don't get motion sick or fearful on rollercoasters, I'm probably not the person to reasure you. But it seems to me that some of the fear comes from anticipation. Since there's no first hill you go up slowly (think taking off of an aircraft carrier - which I heard is actually the same technology), and since you can't see the ride before you're on it - or what's ahead once you are on it - there's no anticipation to build up on you. It just starts with a bang, and by the time you catch your breath to scream or say "OH MY GOD!" it's pretty much over.

It's a great rush.

And did I mention SHORT?!?!?!

My Brother HATES coasters and most thrill rides, he has been on everything @ wdw (except everest) and he refuses to ever go on splash or tot ever again...RnRC however is his favorite ride in all of wdw, I'm not sure if it's the dark or that you can't see the track before you ride so there is nothing to build up the anxiety, but whatever it is, he loves this ride!

Question for knieriem, how was Space Mtn (and Splash Mtn) for you?
Asking because I'm a big wuss too, and I've never ridden them (only Big Thunder & ToT)

I don't do roller coasters either, and for me the issue is fear of heights. On my last trip, I challenged myself and tried EE, ToT, and RnRC for the first time. I thought EE and RnRC were about the same level of ride. I did fine on both. The upside down part did not freak me out, because it is really so fast you don't even realize you are upside down. The acceleration at the beginning is intense, and both EE and RnRC did both make me feel a little motion sick. I'm glad I did them, and I don't feel like I need to go on them again, unless I am with someone that really wants to, then I would go with them. I loved ToT though, and will definitely do it again.
I think if you handled EE okay, you will be fine.

im going to ride this for the 1st time next week, it was down for rehab last time we went :cool1: really looking forward to it !!

The part of the ride that I think is the worst is the take off. I felt like I had whiplash. Will never ride it again.

If you have rode EE then you should be fine on RRC. I have rode both of these and to me EE was the worse of the two. I felt a little loopy after coming off a EE but not bad enough not to ride it again. I do get motion sickness but RRC did not bother me at all. The beginning is great and you are in the dark so you don't know what's going to be next. Give it a try and I bet you will be glad you did.

If you can ride EE then you can ride RnRC. Yes, it does have 2 inversions but you go through them so fast that you don't realize you have done it. I found that if you ride in the middle section of the coaster, it is the smoothest for a "first timer". Then, when you really get used to it try the front or the back for a more thrilling ride. I, myself, prefer the front of any coaster. I love to see what is coming at me:scared1:

it is easy to ride because it is soooo smooth and the music is blasting in your ears..if you closed your eyes you prob wouldnt feel a thing...go for it:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter