Is renting a car on St. Maarten safe?

flsparty

Earning My Ears
Our family will be cruising on DCL with our 4 and 8 year old. We have reserved a rental car on St. Maarten and plan to sight see the island. Is this a good (safe) idea? If so, where should we go on our adventures?

We spent two weeks there a few years back and rented two jeeps for our group.

Driving is safe but roads near the part are not good. Well worth seeing more of the Island I think rather than do the official tours.
Brenda

If you search Car rental in this forum, you'll find plenty of responses. People do it all the time and don't seem to have any problems. You can also check the St. Martin's forum on CruiseCritic.com for more advice.

There are several places at the end of the pier. People have very good luck with local agencies, but I think we're going to stay with Hertz for our visit on 5/2.

Whatever you decide to do, post your experience of how it worked. It sounds like St. Martin is a great place to be on your own since you have plenty of time and the island is easy to navigate.

I've been in St Marteen 3 times with the Magic, each time we rented a car and it's a good thing to do. Like this, you can go where you want and don't worry, it's safe.
But, be careful with the timesharing representatives, we lost all an afternoon last time because of one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter