is Memory Maker worth it ?

Yes, I get it every trip (unless it's a day trip). As a single mom, it's an easy way to get photos of the entire family. You can give them your camera but I find I get more images from Photopass. Plus you get magic shots which are lots of fun. And, you get ride photos. All of this makes it worth it, especially at the preorder price.

We just got back from Disney World and am very disappointed in the Memory Maker. Actually our last two trips. There were several ride photos that we never got. Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Buzz ride photos never showed up. We've been using Memory Maker for around the last 5-6 years and never had a problem but the last two times less and less photos are showing up.
Were you using old magic bands?

We were there in November for two weeks and had Memory Maker, and here is my two cents:

Worth it if you
1. Are in the park for several days or more
2. Have a large group
3. Are celebrating a special occasion and money is not too tight
4. WDW is not a regular trip for you

Not worth it if
1. You are in the park only a day or two
2. Go to WDW regularly
3. Are trying to be on a tight budget

Wow I didn't know that. Thanks, I'll give it a try!
There is also an online form to submit for missing photos. You get to it via the PhotoPass website - might have to look in the FAQs to find it. They've been very successful finding photos for me over many years!

I didn't order when we originally booked our trip and now we leave tonight (1st day full day is Friday). If I order now will, it include all of my photos? It says the advanced order for $169 will NOT include photos for three days after purchase-which would take out 2.5 days of our trip (6 park days total). The $199 option does not have this message. Does anyone know if this applies to the $199 option as well? And how true is the 'three day wait'? TIA

To the OP, absolutely is MM worth it - maybe especially since it's just the 2 of you! We literally were just going through a bunch of Disney pics over the years and enjoying the memories a lot. Not once did we look up and say anything about how much it cost to get those photos - we just know we have them forever, and some are very precious..... If you do get it, take advantage and get as many photos as you can stand!

Does anyone know if this applies to the $199 option as well? And how true is the 'three day wait'? TIA
The $199 option can be activated as soon as you like after paying.

The advance purchase option for $169 can’t be activated until 3 days pass.

What I think would happen is if you bought the $169 advance purchase today, and had a photopass photographer take some pics for you on Fri and Sat, you’d only be able to activate it on Sat and unlock Sat’s pics.

8CA8D561-41A4-4AC2-9057-C1617CE31C6A.jpeg573FF9B9-CBF1-4444-A3B6-427C301CF353.jpegBF7AB343-BF74-41B9-AB6C-9F140F884FC8.jpeg
Worth it for the magic shots alone, but the “regular” pics are even better. I wouldn’t skip it.

Attachments

• 8AB90782-27F0-485B-922E-E43D59538916.jpeg
    8AB90782-27F0-485B-922E-E43D59538916.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 3
Am I correct in my understanding that one Memory Maker purchase can be used for our entire large group? (10 people, 3 separate families). Meaning all 3 families can split the $169 (advanced) cost and all have access?

I’ve used memory maker before and got so much use out of it. But on those stays I was going to the parks for multiple days.

This visit is my BF’s first Disney during the Christmas season. We’re doing one full MK day and MVMCP another night. I’m not sure I’d get value out of it but with it being his first Christmas theme visit, wondering if I should just get it and not worry about getting value.

Any opinions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!