is Memory Maker worth it ?

sydneysmom

DIS Veteran
I know I can get the good scoop here from all of you. The last time we got Memory Maker ( it was PhotoPass then) was in 2010. I'm thinking about getting it this trip, since we will be at one of the Halloween parties, and it's just me and my husband. Is it worth getting ? I thought it might be fun to have some good pics of the 2 of us, plus reading about the cool overlays during Halloween, that kind of got me. What are everyone's thoughts about ? was it easy to use ? worth getting ?

I know I can get the good scoop here from all of you. The last time we got Memory Maker ( it was PhotoPass then) was in 2010. I'm thinking about getting it this trip, since we will be at one of the Halloween parties, and it's just me and my husband. Is it worth getting ? I thought it might be fun to have some good pics of the 2 of us, plus reading about the cool overlays during Halloween, that kind of got me. What are everyone's thoughts about ? was it easy to use ? worth getting ?
In my opinion, it is worth getting for just two of you. Otherwise you will have virtually no pictures of both of you (in theory, you can ask a photopass photographer to use your camera to take pictures, but in practicality you probably wouldn’t do this or at least wouldn’t do it often). For my family, it was worth it just for the Ride photos alone. Just make sure if you get it that you get your moneys worth by posing for a whole bunch of photopass photographers in different locations.

Also remember that it is $30 cheaper if you get it in advance.

We’ve had it with our APs for several years but still made a point to seek out photographers, especially ones in sort of out of the way places with no lines. We’ve gotten some great photos that way! Now we’re paying for it (for only one of our APs) because we can’t see not being able to get them.

Last edited:

If you are going to make an effort to use it, then it's worth it. The pics can be fun & I have gotten some nice ones over the years I wouldn't have (solo traveler). But I have to remember to stop & make a point of using it, not just walking on by. Now that I am paying extra for it with my AP I definitely will be using it.

the Halloween party was one of the reasons I wanted to get it.....everything I've been reading, they're going to do some fun effects. Normally I really hate getting my pic taken, but my husband keeps saying we have no pics of us. So I think I'm going to just bite the bullet.... the pics look so fun !

the Halloween party was one of the reasons I wanted to get it.....everything I've been reading, they're going to do some fun effects. Normally I really hate getting my pic taken, but my husband keeps saying we have no pics of us. So I think I'm going to just bite the bullet.... the pics look so fun !
Get it!

We always get MM. I find it worth it. We have adult kids (and spouses) so 6 adults, we make MM our b&^&*h! Especially when we split up. I love seeing the pictures the kids took when they're on their own. In the end we get hundreds of pictures. The magic shots are always fun

I only get it if all of the following are true.

1. Trip is at least a week.

2. Travel party is at least 5 people.

3. We'll be riding all or most of the rides that offer on-ride photos.

4. It's not Halloween or Christmas time. I like Halloween and Christmas in New England, not Orlando. I like Disney to look at Disney when I'm there.

5. I haven't gotten it in the last 2 years. Magic shots are fun, but I don't need the same magic shots over and over again.

6. No major cranes or construction at Cinderella Castle or Spaceship Earth.

It's worth for one day if you pay early, go on lots of picture rides and stop at a bunch of photo pass people. Best deal at WDW.

We always get MM. I find it worth it. We have adult kids (and spouses) so 6 adults, we make MM our b&^&*h! Especially when we split up. I love seeing the pictures the kids took when they're on their own. In the end we get hundreds of pictures. The magic shots are always fun
We love doing this too when we split up! It’s become habit to stop if we see a photographer with no line or character with small line. Sometimes we hit each stop up Main St until we get to the castle, or do the opposite on our way out.

Definitely take a look at Magic Shots around the park. The really cool ones like Tiny World Magic Shots and Super Zoom are often tucked out of the way so it pays to seek them out. We’ve found photographers are not always scheduled to provide these but we still try to do 1 or 2 per trip.

I love MM, we utilize it to the fullest so I find it worth it. I scrapbook our trips and the add ons you can put on your photos and some of the shots are just priceless!

We always have gotten it BUT we weren't going to get it this time since it was just going to be our family of 4 bit since we have decided to bring a family of Disney newborns I figure we should get it so that they will have a few "professional " disney photos not taken by cellphone.

Depends on how many pictures you really want and how often you go to Disney. If you seldom go I think it would be worth it more then if you are a regular. Someone in our group had Memory Maker for our prior trip and we ended up with a lot of picture from each venue. Sometimes they wanted us to do funny poses while other locations just took several pictures of us I guess assuming that someone might not be looking at the camera. We really have no use for multiple shots from every location.

If you go often, not sure how many of these pictures you really want and you can just as easily ask someone from Disney to take a group shot of your family.

We just got back from Disney World and am very disappointed in the Memory Maker. Actually our last two trips. There were several ride photos that we never got. Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Buzz ride photos never showed up. We've been using Memory Maker for around the last 5-6 years and never had a problem but the last two times less and less photos are showing up.

We’ve never used MM, but according to many on these boards you can call and see if they can find them for you. You just have to know the date and approximate time. Many here on the Disboards have been successful getting their missing pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter