Is Memory Maker Worth It?

We bought it once and loved it...for about a day. We never did anything with any of the photos once we get home.
My advice would be that it’s absolutely worth it if you are the type of person to do something with the pictures. If you are like me and have a camera roll on your phone with years and years of photos that few have ever seen, I’d think twice about the purchase.

On one of our recent trips we had many photos that came out pretty bad with lighting, etc. Many times we would ask for photos and the photographer seemed annoyed. Had trouble getting Magic Shots.

It's nice to have it as part of the AP, but I would have to think hard before paying for it separately again. We do enjoy the ride photos and videos very much, though. Tough call for me.

I'm hoping it's better on our next trip. It was fantastic the first time we used it a few years ago.
I haven’t experienced any of that during my time having an AP.

Especially for runDisney races now with photos included in that. I think it’s still worth the money.

We purchased it on out last trip and loved it. We were there for 12 days though, so we had a lot of pictures.

I also have an AP but I’d like to ask how you think the quality has gone down. I haven’t noticed much of a change.

We have had it with our AP for the last 3 years and I haven't noticed a drop in quality. I enjoy seeing the photographers in good locations and love the free on ride photos and videos. I think they do an amazing job! Still not sure I would pay for it, but for free, it is a really nice perk.

On one of our recent trips we had many photos that came out pretty bad with lighting, etc. Many times we would ask for photos and the photographer seemed annoyed. Had trouble getting Magic Shots.

It's nice to have it as part of the AP, but I would have to think hard before paying for it separately again. We do enjoy the ride photos and videos very much, though. Tough call for me.

I'm hoping it's better on our next trip. It was fantastic the first time we used it a few years ago.
I agree about the quality - I really wasn't impressed with the photos from my recent trip. Some seemed out of focus and the lighting was awful in a lot of them.

They are definitely 'not' professional photographers, it's hit or miss with the lighting, etc. Some of our backgrounds are way off also. They have great cameras, but you really need more knowledge to use them effectively with lighting, settings, etc. - some are much better than others.

How much are digital images each? Or where can I find that info? It's been years since I purchased them.

My fiancé and I are going to WDW on our honeymoon in *squeal* 13 days and we decided to splurge on MM. We will be there for 10 days. We went for 6 days four years ago and we didn’t have it and we were pleased with the pictures we took ourselves (two iPhones and one actual Canon camera), but we were also diligent about actually taking pictures. That being said, there are very few with both of us in the picture.

I think “worth it” is what you make of it.

That’s been our experience at DL for a long time now. Super frustrating but at least it’s included free in my AP! You would die if I showed you some of the really bad ones, like BAD.

Well worth it. High quality photos, best positions for all of them, and no need to drag a camera around. Makes the character meets even better as you get so many great photos.

Definitely yes. It's nice to know we'll have photos with all of the members of our party in them. Once you have MM you're much more likely to stop at photopass photographers in different locations and get use it of it, in our experience anyway. It really doesn't take much time out of your day at all.

I am so happy we did it. It was our first trip, and it was great to have photos of character meets, jedi training, all the ride photos, and then ones of our family as well. My husband and oldest son hate photos, so if I was taking them all there would have been a lot of complaining, but I just popped us in for one when lines were short at each park and we ended up with family pictures in each park quickly and without much grumbling. I would have gone for even more, but the rain definitely stopped me a few times as well as knowing the limits of my family! I still ended up with over 400 photos so I think it was well worth it.

Last edited:
I think especially for a couple trip you should do it. For us it became like an extra attraction everywhere we went. Seriously we stopped at almost every photographer we saw, never waited more than a couple minutes (because there were so many of them!) and pretty much all the shots are amazing. We got magic shots and posed shots we never would have thought of. The photographers were really good at sort of breaking down our natural reserve in public and so not only were the shots better technically than we could have done, they were better content-wise than we would have done. The M&Gs were like little photo shoots. I was a little concerned that since there weren't any children that we would sort of get a perfunctory shot and an invitation on our way. But it wasn't like that at all--there was one where we met Mickey, Minnie and Goofy all in one attraction but separately (I think it was the Epcot Character Spot) they must have taken at least fifty photos and because of that every wonderful little moment we had with a character was there on film. And then, and this is why I say especially for a couple trip you should do it, we have more pictures of the two of us together during one week in Disney World than in the other twenty years we've been together. Seriously, the year before we went to Paris and we have hundreds of photos (not as many as Disney but a lot)--about five of them are selfies of the two of us and about two of them are actual shots of the two of us together--the rest are either one of us or none of us. For us it was well worth it!

I bought it for me and my husband's first trip together 2 weeks ago. I totally think it is worth the price, as we loved the convenience of just walking up and getting our pictures snapped at great locations. Our photos turned out awesome, and I love that we got all of the ride photos as well.

I think we are going to get it, it will be my 7th trip and my boyfriend's first trip. I think it will be nice to have pictures of us together. To me, pictures are the best souvenir. I don't think he cares either way. My only concern is I don't want it to become bothersome to seek out photographers all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!