Is it worth getting tickets for free from the timeshare people?

I wouldnt do it either. They treat you like dirt once they know you are not interested. DH and I swore off of them after 2 bad experiences in Cancun. It is just not worth it to us.

I don't want people yelling and calling me names as part of my vacation. If you count the cost involved for your vacation, ie the time off from work, your transportation costs, hotel, car rental, your vacation usually costs twice as much per hour than your income.

Im not giving that up for 90 minutes in a fire pit!

DVC was very laid back and no pressure. I did everything by phone because I was still shell shocked from Cancun. They don't offer or promise you anything to take the tour, but normally will give fastpasses or meal vouchers.

jenr812 said:
We are interested in DVC too. What kind of incentives (if any) do they offer for these tours? OTher than the "padding the Michael Eisner retirement fund" incentive that is :rolleyes1

When we spoke with a DVC rep on our trip last year, we didn't have time to do a tour (as we were getting ready to check out), but we were told that we get a voucher for a counter service meal. But honestly, we actually weren't at all interested in it for the incentive...we just really want to learn more about DVC because we're interested in joining. We'll probably do a tour this year.

I did a timeshare about 1 year ago or so. I would NEVER do one again. It is absolutely too time consuming.

FSUMARCHIEF said:
I'm a United Methodist Minister, and you just don't make much on a preacher's salary.

And let the choir say AMEN!!!

DVC is a great option for those of us who find ourselves "working a shift" on Sunday mornings. True enough -- not the first year out of seminary (at least, not any seminary I'm aware of) -- but a few years down the parish road, it's a possibility worth considering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter