Is it possible to have 10 yr old see the Bridge?

ljm23

DIS Veteran
We've sailed twice and are anxiously awaiting our third trip in February on the Wonder. We've never really taken time to "tour" the ship much and I'm wondering if there is any way to get a glimpse of the bridge?

They used to have a tour of the bridge. But with all the new security measures, it is no longer possible.

We were in Cat 3 for the 11/1/08 Magic WB and were able to get a bridge tour for our twin 7 year olds through the concierge.

Ask the CD. The worst that can happen is they say no.:confused3

Tours of the bridge are few and far between since the spa's expansion closed off the viewing area. The Captain does invite guests sometimes.

Tours of the bridge are few and far between since the spa's expansion closed off the viewing area. The Captain does invite guests sometimes.

Sometimes there are tours when the ship is in port ... but the big IF is really up to the Master...

As stated the Master sometimes allows visitors on the bridge when leaving port, I've seen this most often when departing CC as there are few other security folks to deal with - that's when we got up there :cool1: - having a card idetifying me as Captain of a Coast Guard cutter that patrolled the area was a wee bit helpful me thinks. DD even got to sound the ship's horn leaving CC.

It never huts to ask - NICELY - but is even better to have an "in" like top tier cabin, work in the industry or live next door to the DCL VP of operations.... I simply wore my uniform on formal nite and when having a family picture taken with the Master handed him my card...which he looked at and handed to his asstnt standing there and wispered to her ear ... we also enjoyed a couple of hours of professional conversation in the piano bar that night...and lo, that nite an invitation to the bridge appeared in our fish holder..

OK - I admit it - I cheat:rolleyes1 but it works....on other lines, I've been to the bridge, dinner at Captain's table and went along on Captain's daily inspection....even was on the bridge wing with the Master when mooring in San Juan (not DCL) and the pier approach went terribly wrong. Master looked at me and said, "what do you think?"

"I'd back clear and start over" says I.

"Me too," and that's what we did. My father was on board that day and while not on the wing with us was close enuf to hear and I went up 10 points that day....he never believed I was really a ship driver b4 that :confused3

No I do NOT rent out my uniform...pirate:

Thanks everyone, I'll give it a try, it doesn't hurt to ask right!

We got to do it at noon time on a sea day.....

They sound it on sea days at noon... ;)

we had the Roy suite for the trip... :)

cat 11 on our next trip... :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter