Is it ok To celebrate DD12 birthday quite early?

BecuzImaLady

Mouseketeer
Hello-
My DD has always wanted to celebrate her birthday at WDW but she has never has a chance because it is September 25 and that is right after she starts school and we don’t want her missing a week right after school starts. We are going in late July this year and she agreed she would not expect a party in September if we celebrated for a day in Disney this summer (she will be 13 and thought it would be cool to say she celebrated her 13th bday at her fav restaurant Ohana) so my question is, I know it is 2 months early, but is it ok... or appropriate to celebrate her birthday with a custom made cake, birthday button, Minnie birthday ears, and dinner at a table service restaurant if she is not actually even having her real birthday for quite a while?

It is quite ok! I took my niece to Chef Mickey in November for her birthday that was in August. It is what worked for our travel plans. She wore the birthday pin as that is when we were there to celebrate it!

Of course it is okay! My nieces celebrated their Honeymoon 18 months after their wedding day and the CM decorating their buttons had a ball with it. You see, they took us with them and she said that made her day.

There is no Birthday Police. Disney doesn't care.

Having said that, to me it is a bit odd. Your birthday is your birthday. I don't celebrate Christmas in October because it would be more convenient. And yes, I get it. I will never be at WDW on my birthday as long as I work in retail. I'm not allowed to be off that month. But it would be strange for me to celebrate my birthday 2 months earlier.

Just my opinion, which I know many don't agree with.

Go for it! :cake:

DS went with friend who celebrated her (special year) birthday 6 mos early because her birthday falls in tax season which she can not take vacation during. She really wanted to go to Disney. She wore her button all week and enjoyed the people telling her Happy Birthday. Since Disney doesn't really do anything for you at all, and it's up to you to provide your party stuff ... they don't care. Probably quite happy you are buying all those goodies.

It's perfectly fine, BUT--don't expect Disney to do a ton extra for her. Lots of people celebrate occasions at WDW, and not everyone can get special treatment at every venue. Do your special celebration, for sure, and if any other extras come along, accept them with gratitude.

That said, my youngest was blessed with a convenient birthday--the week his school had winter break. So, he did get a few special mentions--he got to play the Beast at Beauty and the Beast, got the "grey stuff" at "Be Our Guest", and the odd cupcake. Ironically, he's also a "by the rules" kid, so he refused to wear his birthday button except on his actual birthday. He got most stuff because it was on our reservation that we were celebrating his birthday.

Hello-
My DD has always wanted to celebrate her birthday at WDW but she has never has a chance because it is September 25 and that is right after she starts school and we don’t want her missing a week right after school starts. We are going in late July this year and she agreed she would not expect a party in September if we celebrated for a day in Disney this summer (she will be 13 and thought it would be cool to say she celebrated her 13th bday at her fav restaurant Ohana) so my question is, I know it is 2 months early, but is it ok... or appropriate to celebrate her birthday with a custom made cake, birthday button, Minnie birthday ears, and dinner at a table service restaurant if she is not actually even having her real birthday for quite a while?
Of course! Enjoy her Fabulous Disney Birthday Celebration. ... add to any/all reservations. Get her the Pin! Pixie dust her way!!!!!
she ll never forget it!!
Happy Birthday to your Princess!

Thanks everyone for your opinions, they were quite helpful and much appreciated! She is so very shy and has had me promise no one will sing to her, all she wants is breakfast at Ohana, birthday Minnie ears (she collects the ears), dinner at Cali Grill, and a cake. We could always call it her un birthday.:ccat:

We do a special birthday trip for each kid around their 5th birthday. We can’t go for my daughters fifth so we’re celebrating a very late 4th, very early 5th birthday and my late birthday as well. The only person who talked about it was Anastasia.

Hello-

Ha! Of course it's appropriate, do whatever you like.

Go for it. I talked my two girls into going to Disney rather than having birthday parties last year. We did a special day of our trip for each child including a cake and special event. My oldest child, who was turning 8, it was her actual birthday. She had breakfast at Cape May, did Pirates League, and then we did the Pirates and Pals Cruise. We had a cake delivered to our room since we did breakfast for her. My youngest, her birthday was about 4 weeks prior to our trip. We did BBB, had lunch at CRT with a small cake, and then did the Frozen dessert party.

I say celebrate it if that is what you guys want to do. It doesn't matter when it is.

It’s perfectly fine but I’m another who finds it odd. I have seen “unbirthday” celebrations and find that quite charming. We may do it for our close to Xmas birthday having little guy. We don’t care for the Xmas decorations and hoopla nor the increased prices and crowds so Xmas time is out for us. A July unbirthday would be fun I think!

Last edited:
Took DGD to V+A for her "unbirthday" 2 months after the event. Her school schedule didn't work out for any extended celebration in September and she was old enough to accept the reality (13). The restaurant's staff made a fuss about her and served her a special birthday dessert. She refused to wear a birthday button most days though wondered if clothing stores at DS would give a discount if she wore it, LOL.

It is totally okay although we celebrated dd birthday 2 week early, you will be fine. Order a cake and celebrate!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!