Is it just me . . .

jlima

Beep Beep!
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice maintenance issues esp. in IOA?

Examples -

The paint on the red track for the Fire Dragon rollercoaster is so faded it looks orange. Has this ever been repainted since the park opened?

When you enter The Hulk through the Express line look up at the fan right after the CM scans your Express pass. This past weekend it was completely covered in dust and grime and looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the park opened. Also, the green mesh fabric that covers the chain link fence in this area has been repaired with plastic ties or not repaired at all. And both times I rode it, the rear of the seat in front of me had what appeared to be grease, etc. from maintenance smeared around all of the bolts on the seat back. It's great if its being maintained properly but leaving the grease behind just makes the ride look dirty.

I don't want to nit-pick, but seeing that dirty fan makes me wonder what else they aren't willing to clean up or maintain. I want Universal to stay the great park that it is and I don't like it when I see stuff like this.

jlima said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice maintenance issues esp. in IOA?

Examples -

The paint on the red track for the Fire Dragon rollercoaster is so faded it looks orange. Has this ever been repainted since the park opened?

I could be wrong on this, but I believe it has been repainted since the park opened but it was repainted a red that wasn't as vibrant. Bev, or anyone else, please correct me if I'm wrong. Hulk was in desperate need of a paintjob, and got one about a year ago, and it looks great.

Dueling Dragons HAS been repainted at least once since the park opened, but I don't think it was the same bright red color as before.

I'm guessing that it's not an easy task to repaint a coaster for a year-round park.

As for the other things, I've seen a few times where employees are just standing there, like in the first room of the Spiderman line and there's a lot of trash sitting there on the "reception desk" counter. It is rare that I've seen that, though.

I haven't seen anywhere in shambles at Universal though. Most minor issues I notice are fixed the next time I go back.

Ripsaw Falls has mold all over the place. I rode it yesterday, and it was extremely noticable. It was like half the attraction was covered in green. Cat in the Hat needs a paint job. JP needs new dinos. It has become obvious to me that they are paying a lot more attention to the Studios than IOA. Not just in new attractions, but upkeep. Which is rediculous, since IOA was the MUCH better park.

JPRA just got a few refurbishments, but a few dinos still aren't looking as well as they should. I rode today and everything worked well except for the usual box dropping and one of the raptors that seems to never work. The T-rex looks great though. She even runs earlier than before and they flash the strobe lights on her now.

As far as refurbishments I have seen a lot of floor tiles being replaced or painted mainly in suess landing and a few in Marvel super hero island. I do hope that they do some more refurbishment in IOa atleast before the summer crowds. Wouldn't want IOA to become run down.

Yes you are correct DD did get a paint job. They painted it a orange/red color since the sun faded the paint so quickly. I don't know if that is the true reason but I think it was done about 1.5 years ago. I don't know if it has fadded since they changed the color though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter