• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it December Yet?? Cancelled with a Heavy Heart!

Good job on the binder, Laurie! It's a really fun way to get organized for the trip as well as to build momentum and anticipation for yourself and your family.

I'm glad you posted something here! Unlike the DLR side of the board, it seems like the TR's and Pre-TR's on the WDW side of town sometimes move at lightning speed, and can disappear onto the next page (or beyond) within hours! I hadn't checked to see where your Pre-TR had gone lately, but I've seen other Pre-TR's and TR's vanish and get buried in the pages in the past.

Thanx Sherry!! The kids are just now starting to "get it" on going to WDW. The pics I've been compiling, the travel DVD & the Birbaum WDW book is kinda explaining to them that this is like going to 4 DL's all in the same trip. The best description I could give them on how HUGE this place is......driving from our new house to our old house in Salem.....that's about 40 miles.....this is how they looked when I said that: :eek: :rotfl2:

:rolleyes1 I noticed this side does move quite quickly......I was on page 3 this morning......... :rotfl: So I guess I'll need to try & post more often to keep it "current".

WOW..That book is awesome. You decorated great. Love the title of it :thumbsup2

I really love the Christmas Party page with the Tree and cute little gifts...that is adorable :goodvibes

Thanx Kelly!!! I'm spending WAY more on this book then I should.....but I figure this is a once in a lifetime trip & I'm going to enjoy every minute of it leading up to it, during & after......this book will be around for years to come!!

Laurie, your binder is amazing! :thumbsup2 :worship: Do you scrapbook as well? I can't imagine you having the time to do all that!

I am so excited for your first WDW trip! I know it will be awesome!

Laurie, your binder is amazing! :thumbsup2 :worship: Do you scrapbook as well? I can't imagine you having the time to do all that!

I am so excited for your first WDW trip! I know it will be awesome!

Thanx Vicki!! I used to scrapbook & have a number of trips that need done, but I haven't been able to do so since I took in the twins over 4 yrs ago.......so I'm WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY behind......lol The binder pages are pretty quick & just a matter of printing them out & then adding a little "flare".

I just noticed my tickers are gone....... :confused: Guess I'll go get the Dis ones!!

Hello! Joining in popcorn::

We will also be at WDW this :santa:, Dec 20-27. Our 1st Christmas :santa: trip as well and we are super :yay:.

I think your itinerary looks great. We have quite a few of the same character meals picked out as you.

Hello! Joining in popcorn::

We will also be at WDW this :santa:, Dec 20-27. Our 1st Christmas :santa: trip as well and we are super :yay:.

I think your itinerary looks great. We have quite a few of the same character meals picked out as you.

:wave2: Hi & welcome!!!

Is this your first WDW trip?? or first time for the holidays?? It's a very exciting time of year to go......loved my time at Disneyland in December & can't wait to experience it at WDW.....I'll be on holiday overload before we're done!! :rotfl2:

:woohoo: Woo Hoo......on the same character meals....must mean I did my research & going to the best ones!!! (have friends on FB that go & got great advice on where to dine)

It will be fun entertaining each other as we wait for December to arrive....... :rotfl:

Love your binder Laurie! So cool. A great way to keep things organized for such a big group.

That is a lot of character meals! That should be so much fun for the whole family.

I think I will be booking at least a couple for Dillon and I, but I feel a bit silly doing character meals with no kids! I will be booking lots more when Seth is old enough to go and enjoy them.

Love your binder Laurie! So cool. A great way to keep things organized for such a big group.

That is a lot of character meals! That should be so much fun for the whole family.

I think I will be booking at least a couple for Dillon and I, but I feel a bit silly doing character meals with no kids! I will be booking lots more when Seth is old enough to go and enjoy them.

Thanx Andrea!!

We love the character meals....even my grown boys!! They don't tend to get excited about them in the parks.....but something about having them at your table brings out the kids in all of us. (as you've probably noticed in my solo trip reports.....lol) :rolleyes1 But unlike my boys.....I get just as giddy seeing them in the park!!

:wave2: Hi & welcome!!!

Is this your first WDW trip?? or first time for the holidays?? It's a very exciting time of year to go......loved my time at Disneyland in December & can't wait to experience it at WDW.....I'll be on holiday overload before we're done!! :rotfl2:

:woohoo: Woo Hoo......on the same character meals....must mean I did my research & going to the best ones!!! (have friends on FB that go & got great advice on where to dine)

It will be fun entertaining each other as we wait for December to arrive....... :rotfl:

It will be our 1st holiday trip. I have been to WDW twice, once when I was younger, and back in 2008 w/ DH and our kids (we had 2 at the time). We are booked for Oct to go to WDW and take the kids to MNSSHP & F&W (little boys 1st trip) and then the Dec trip.

We are also looking at DL for next year.

We are really looking forward to the Dec trip :)

It will be our 1st holiday trip. I have been to WDW twice, once when I was younger, and back in 2008 w/ DH and our kids (we had 2 at the time). We are booked for Oct to go to WDW and take the kids to MNSSHP & F&W (little boys 1st trip) and then the Dec trip.

We are also looking at DL for next year.

We are really looking forward to the Dec trip :)

LOL....I guess if I had actually looked at your signature, I would have noticed your trips & tickers....... :rotfl:

A Halloween trip should be fun!! How old are your kiddos? We almost went to DL this past October for the Halloween fun, but finances kept us from going. I think the twins will do better with holiday lights & stuff better then the villians.

Yay for a DL trip....let me know if I can help you on that!!! :banana:

This year is gonna go so slow..........ready for December already!!! :santa: (actually I'm not.......but I can't wait to get there!!!) :yay:

I added a few more pages to the travel binder yesterday: Itinerary, Menus for the restaurants we're planning on going to (non-character meals) & resorts we want to visit to see the Edible Displays/Decorations at. As it turns out, a number of the resorts we're eating a meal at....so on our "resort day" we will only need to go to Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Resort, the Swan & Dolphin Resorts & the Wilderness Lodge. I think it will be doable to see these before our late entry for the Christmas Party!!!

So here are a couple of the pages added:

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

Today I may try & print out some maps, menus for the Character Meals & start work on things of interest at each park.

What are people's opinions on the Wishes Dessert Viewing????

Wow, so detailed! I might have to go off some of your plans, since when we finally book our trip, we will only have 2 months to plan!

Seeing your itinerary laid out in this way, Laurie, really brings home the message that WDW requires all kinds of planning!

It's so necessary to get everything coordinated (like when and where breakfast is being eaten and on which dates) because many of the WDW locations are nowhere near each other and require some sort of transportation between them. It's such a different experience from planning a DLR trip, where I think plans can be much more flexible.

And hats off to you for getting this far along in your WDW planning so early in the year! Many folks wouldn't even attempt to formulate a plan until May or June! It's amazing that you've got an agenda mapped out in January (even if it changes as the year goes along).

Wow, so detailed! I might have to go off some of your plans, since when we finally book our trip, we will only have 2 months to plan!

Go right ahead Andrea....if there's something there that can help you!!!

Seeing your itinerary laid out in this way, Laurie, really brings home the message that WDW requires all kinds of planning!

It's so necessary to get everything coordinated (like when and where breakfast is being eaten and on which dates) because many of the WDW locations are nowhere near each other and require some sort of transportation between them. It's such a different experience from planning a DLR trip, where I think plans can be much more flexible.

And hats off to you for getting this far along in your WDW planning so early in the year! Many folks wouldn't even attempt to formulate a plan until May or June! It's amazing that you've got an agenda mapped out in January (even if it changes as the year goes along).

I can't begin planning (really planning) until I have a basic outline of what we want to do & see & taste.....lol I based it on last years hours & when the Christmas Party was last year......so lots of things could change here. I also tried to avoid the extra hours, since its rumored that these parks tend to be the busiest that day......BUT, I've always been told, that's not the case. The only EMH we might get use out of is the morning ones....but that will depend on when we can get our ressies. The twins aren't going to want to stay at the park until late at night, and to be honest with you....I'm not sure I would either. These parks are massive & we'll be exhausted each night. If we can avoid the crowds...that's great.....if we end up in the park with the EMH....I'm not gonna worry about it. I think the dining ressies & the Christmas Party will set our days at which park in concrete. Right now, it's fun to run with what we have & look at everything we'll get to do, see, eat, experience, etc. :goodvibes

we like morning EMH. Our kids couldn't do both morning and late night, and we were tuckered out anyway by parade time.

I haven't been to a Wishes Dessert party, so no help there.

we like morning EMH. Our kids couldn't do both morning and late night, and we were tuckered out anyway by parade time.

I haven't been to a Wishes Dessert party, so no help there.

We usually always take advantage of the hour early opening at Disneyland......but it sounds like making dining ressies at some of the more popular places can prove to be a task. If we make one, then yay....if not, I'm not gonna sweat it.

I was also looking at the schedule from last December & the fireworks weren't until 10pm :scared1: Holy Cow!! My kiddo's will be toast by then......sure hope they can last a couple nights until then....I know they'd want to see them.

Hopefully someone will pop on that's done the fireworks party......would love to know if it would be worth it for our family.

Added a couple more pages to the Travel Binder. Now I have a map of the entire resort, the 4 individual parks, Information & facts on the Pop Century Resort, a page for Fireworks, Attractions & entertainment for MK & the all important front page!!!!!

The maps:

006-1.jpg

Pop Century:

007-1.jpg

Fireworks:

010-1.jpg

Magic Kingdom Info:

008-1.jpg

Front Page of the binder!!!

009-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter