Is it December Yet?? Cancelled with a Heavy Heart!

As long as the AF plays nice we will!
Anxious to see your daily plans and strategies for crowds.

As long as the AF plays nice we will!
Anxious to see your daily plans and strategies for crowds.

Have you ever been to WDW?? We haven't, so I'm kinda going off what I read or get advice on. I pretty much have an itinerary laid out....but I'm sure that will change many, MANY times before we set dining reservations!! :rotfl::rotfl:

With this being our first trip to WDW, I was given the name of a wonderful travel agent that would be able to assist us with the twins special needs. She is making requests on our behalf for bedrails for the girls (they sleep on twin beds on trundles that are only about 2" off the floor), special cleaning to make sure no small piece of peanuts/nuts are left on the floor, connecting rooms, etc. Of course, there are no guarantees on the connecting rooms....but hopefully we'll be able to get one since we're having to split the family between two rooms. She also has information on people to contact once dining reservations are made to go over the food allergies of our daughter.

The twins are both mentally delayed, on the autism spectrum, have a genetic disorder (unnamed at this point) & food allergies. They are both allergic to Milk-Soy-Wheat-Eggs-Peanuts-Tree Nuts. This isn't as big an issue with Michayla as she is 100% g-tube fed/nothing by mouth. Michayla also has a Pierre Robin Sequence diagnosis. She'll be having open heart surgery this summer to repair a dime sized hole in her heart.

Addy & Anthony both have some behavioral issues stemming from the bio mom's usage of meth during the pregnancies. (they are not blood related). They both have ADD & anxiety. They're all good kids, they just didn't start out life very nicely.

As you can see, we have to take a lot into consideration when planning this trip, so having an expert guide us through the steps & what is available for us is truly going to make this a wonderful trip.

Here are recent pics (like today.....we got snow!!):

Shyann:

112.jpg

Michayla:

046.jpg

Adaleah:

055.jpg

Anthony:

076.jpg

We have been before, 2 years ago in june, and 10 years before that in october.

Good that you have such a wonderful TA assisting you.

Kids look like they are having fun in the snow.

We have been before, 2 years ago in june, and 10 years before that in october.

Good that you have such a wonderful TA assisting you.

Kids look like they are having fun in the snow.

So twice to WDW....do you go to DL??

The TA is a must I think for us....usually I handle all the details by myself....but this is a whole new world for me.

They had a blast.....we don't tend to get snow here....it's extremely rare. It was perfect snowball & snowman snow!! It's starting to melt now, but forecasting to freeze & snow again tonight!! Glad no one has to go anywhere tonight or tomorrow morning....I imagine the roads will be horrible!

This was the first time the twins have played in snow....kinda fun to watch them in it. Michayla refused to touch it with her hands!!

Disney is so great with accomodating special needs. I think thats part of why we love it so much. I have never gone through a TA before, these boards have taught me a lot tho. Definitely get a GAC and call pop a few days before you leave to ensure your requests are listed and the medical issues are noted. We stayed at CBR last year and our son doesnt do stairs well (an issue that stems from some issues due to life before us) so we needed a first floor room but didnt need a handicapped room. I called myself and they directed me to a department that specifically handles special requests for special needs. They were such a great help and put it down as a medical request so I would get it guaranteed.

Disney is so great with accomodating special needs. I think thats part of why we love it so much. I have never gone through a TA before, these boards have taught me a lot tho. Definitely get a GAC and call pop a few days before you leave to ensure your requests are listed and the medical issues are noted. We stayed at CBR last year and our son doesnt do stairs well (an issue that stems from some issues due to life before us) so we needed a first floor room but didnt need a handicapped room. I called myself and they directed me to a department that specifically handles special requests for special needs. They were such a great help and put it down as a medical request so I would get it guaranteed.

That's wonderful news!! I'm glad they'll be helpful when it comes to the twins. Its sounds like our TA has an insider in the special needs/requests & has contacted her with our medical needs. We've requested a ground floor, just because it's easier than trying to deal with busy elevators & 2 strollers.

Am I able to get the GAC at the first park we go to & then have it work in the other 3 or do I need a separate GAC for each park??

Hey laurie

A little birdie sent me over :rolleyes1

Going back to read now :surfweb:

We've booked the Pop Century Resort for our trip!!

936.jpg

We chose this resort for a few reasons.......
One~ being a Value Resort it helps with our budget & we really don't plan on spending tons of time in our rooms.....so we just need the basics.
Two~ love the theming!!! It will be fun for all the different ages in our group. Really hoping to be near the Baloo statue as he's a favorite of mine!!

We would have loved to been able to afford the new Disney Animation Resort....but it's just not in our budget to do so. I think we'll be more than happy with our decision of staying at the Pop!!

Pop is a great resort. Not sure what decade Baloo is in, but loved the 60s and 70s as closest to food court and bus stop :goodvibes

That's wonderful news!! I'm glad they'll be helpful when it comes to the twins. Its sounds like our TA has an insider in the special needs/requests & has contacted her with our medical needs. We've requested a ground floor, just because it's easier than trying to deal with busy elevators & 2 strollers.

Am I able to get the GAC at the first park we go to & then have it work in the other 3 or do I need a separate GAC for each park??

Yes, get the GAC at the first park you go to. Tell them how many are in your party and how many days you will be there for. Then it is good for yoru entire stay at every park :thumbsup2

Such cute pics of the kids playing in the snow

I love Michalya's jacket....so pretty :goodvibes

Pop is a great resort. Not sure what decade Baloo is in, but loved the 60s and 70s as closest to food court and bus stop :goodvibes

Yes, get the GAC at the first park you go to. Tell them how many are in your party and how many days you will be there for. Then it is good for yoru entire stay at every park :thumbsup2

Baloo is in the 60's......and since I was born in that decade...I would love to stay there.....lol

Excellent info on the GAC!! I'm glad I only have to deal with guest services once (it's not so much dealing with the CM's, it's the lines I'm sure we'll encounter). Both girls will be getting one since there is 8 in our party.....usually they're good for up to 6 people total.

Such cute pics of the kids playing in the snow

I love Michalya's jacket....so pretty :goodvibes

Both girls have that jacket.....the kids thought they looked like carolers in them.....lol They came with a cute hat, but do you think either one of them would wear it??!! We had fun in the snow & it's snowing again tonight....so might get a repeat performance in the morning.

Baloo is in the 60's......and since I was born in that decade...I would love to stay there.....lol

Excellent info on the GAC!! I'm glad I only have to deal with guest services once (it's not so much dealing with the CM's, it's the lines I'm sure we'll encounter). Both girls will be getting one since there is 8 in our party.....usually they're good for up to 6 people total.

That is perfect then :thumbsup2

Guest Services at MK is the best one in my opinion

You are right. They are good for up to 6 people, so you will need two :thumbsup2

That is perfect then :thumbsup2

Guest Services at MK is the best one in my opinion

You are right. They are good for up to 6 people, so you will need two :thumbsup2

MK is our first park...so that works out nicely!!!!

Hey question about the Christmas Party~~~if you purchase a ticket for the party, do you also need a park ticket? I thought I had read that you could enter the park 3 hrs early of the party time with a party ticket, but no park ticket would be needed that day, unless you wanted to enter the park earlier in the day. If this is true, then it helps me plan one of our days I'd like to use for resort hopping to see decorations!

So in the planning of this trip, we've gone over a number of different ways to approach it. We don't have flights booked yet, but have looked to see some typical flight times & figure we'll be Orlando before 11am. We debated about going right to one of the parks, or go straight to the resort & hope for early check-in, or go to DTD or go view some of the other resorts (which is important to us since we'll be there for the holidays). We thought about going to a park for part of the day we'll fly home (flight around 6pm), or DTD or resort viewing, etc. We've also looked at going 8 days & not going on the arrival or departure days. We've looked at doing each park 2 days, but then got lots of advice & opinions on that which made us rethink things again & again. We want to do the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party but was told it would be a waste of money.....but we still want to do it to see the parade & special fireworks. To park hop or not, etc. We want to make sure we allow time to see other resorts & their edible holiday displays, plus their trees & decorations.

So after weighing what we want, taking the opinions & advice of those who have been there & done that....we've come up with this itinerary:

Fri, Dec 7: Arrival Day
Pre check-in at Pop Century, go to DTD for lunch at Earl of Sandwich, look around DTD, back to Pop to check-into our rooms, go swim & explore the resort & dinner at Everything Pop.

Sat, Dec 8: Magic Kingdom
Start with breakfast at Chef Mickey's, go to MK, dinner at 1900 Park Fare, back to MK, try to see the Electrical Parade & Wishes.

Sun, Dec 9: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast at Tusker House, dinner at Flame Tree BBQ, try to see Festival of the Lion King, the Finding Nemo musical & the Jingle Jungle Parade.

Mon, Dec 10: Epcot
Breakfast at Akershus, Candlelight Processional Dining Package at Biergarten, try to see Illuminations.

Tue, Dec 11: Disney's Hollywood Studios
Start with breakfast at Everything Pop, dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe, try to see Beauty & the Beast musical, Extreme Stunt Show, Indy Stunt Show & Osborne Family Lights.

Wed, Dec 12: Resort Day/Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Start with breakfast at Everything Pop, go explore the resorts with the edible displays & not to miss Christmas decorations (can skip the ones we have meals planned at), swim/rest, Head to MK for party (late afternoon entry), dinner at Cosmic Rays.

Thu, Dec 13: Epcot
Breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, dinner at Garden Grill, try to see things we missed the first day.

Fri, Dec 14: OPEN to pick which park to go back to.
Breakfast at Ohana, dinner at Boma.

Sat, Dec 15: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Crystal Palace, dinner at Peco's Bills, try to re-do favorites & catch anything we missed the first time.

Sun, Dec 16: Going Home Day
Breakfast at Park Fare, catch a quick service meal to take out to airport, check out of the Pop & head home.

We decided to not get hoppers. With the girls, we figured it would be easier on them not to bop around all over each day. We'll have 2 strollers plus their bags & all of the other stuff to load & unload. Plus it was just more money & we'd rather spend it on other things.

So 2.5 days at MK, 2 days at EP, 1 day at AK, 1 day at DHS & 1 day to go back to one of the 4 parks.

So please look this over & let me know how it looks.

MK is our first park...so that works out nicely!!!!

Hey question about the Christmas Party~~~if you purchase a ticket for the party, do you also need a park ticket? I thought I had read that you could enter the park 3 hrs early of the party time with a party ticket, but no park ticket would be needed that day, unless you wanted to enter the park earlier in the day. If this is true, then it helps me plan one of our days I'd like to use for resort hopping to see decorations!

Nope, if you are only going to the party that night, then no you do not need a ticket.

While the party begins at 7pm, you can get in as early as 4 or 4:30 :santa:

That is the perfect day to maybe ride the monorails and check out various resort decoration.

Make sure you check out Grand Floridian. They have a giant gingerbread house that is so neat .

You can also take a boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge. That place is equivalent to Grand California Hotel in DL, from what i hear. It is very rustic and homey and has a nice big tree for Christmas

I wanted to tell you, you did a great job with your itinerary

I think just doing DTD and exploring POP and swimming on your first day is the best thing, so you can be rested for yoru first full day at the park

I am glad to see you are doing Osborne Lights at Hollywood Studios

Try to not head back to see those lights until at least half hour after they are turned on. It is quite crazy with wall to wall people standing around waiting for it.

If you give it like a half hr and then go back, much more enjoyable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter