Is it cheaper to book a package or everything separately

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
I was starting to look into our next trip but just curious if it is cheaper if I buy my tickets and book my room separately. Anyone had any experience with this??

Thanks

Hockeychic said:
I was starting to look into our next trip but just curious if it is cheaper if I buy my tickets and book my room separately. Anyone had any experience with this??

Thanks

I'm not sure if Disney will allow codes to be applied to the room portion of these new Magic Your Way packages. I'd have to say they wouldn't, and you'd be better to book things seperately, on your own.

You may want to call CRO, and verify whether or not that'll be the case.

Historically, the answer to that question is that, with some exceptions, it's always cheaper to book things seperately yourself. Right now, however, all of that is "on hold" until all of the details about the new ticket/package programs are known. MousePlanet is reporting that the CRO agents are being re-trained on the new programs (they were blind-sided by the announcement too) and have been told not to answer questions about the new system until they are officially trained in the subject. I think it'll be a while longer until all the facts are known.

The answer to your question is a definite "it depends". What I've found is that packages CAN save you money over what you would spend if you purchased everything in the package separately. That being said, I personally have often found that when you buy a package you don't always use or want everything included and there are often things you wish you could trade off. In that case, it can often be cheaper to buy separately because you only get what you need or want.

Of course, I happen to love planning these vacations and spend time researching to get the best deals and figure out what we'll do on the trip - if you like doing that I think you will save money buying separately. Packages can save a tremendous amount of time and energy if you're someone who likes to have the other people do planning for you but you could pay a price (albeit not usually a huge one) for the convenience.

Sorry for a wishy-washy answer but it is true that this is assuredly not a one-size-fits-all situation.

I agree 100% with David. Packages can and do often save money over booking things separately (particular the old Silver/Golds - the more options included in them, the more you tend to be able to save), but only if you want the things that are included anyway.

I think of it a bit like going to the store and the Sales are on - you see a bargain for $20 when it normally costs $40...but it's only really saved you 20 bucks if you were going to be buying the item anyhow, otherwise you've just spent an extra $20 you wouldn't of, errrrr, if you know what I mean! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter