Is Grandma a Princess or a Pirate? UPDATE 9/28! The Last Suppah! PICS!! Pg. 69!

:scared: Biting birds? :faint: How much are 1 day SW tickets? I wonder if they offer a :firefight discount?

Sea World one day tickets are the same as a Disney one day, but if you go to GUest Services you can get a second day for free, but you have to use it within 7 days.

If you are also looking to go to Universal they offer something called an Orlando Flex Ticket :

You will enjoy unlimited admission to five great theme parks for 14 consecutive days:

Universal Studios
Universal's Islands of Adventure
SeaWorld
SeaWorld’s brand new waterpark Aquatica
Wet ‘n Wild

Adult

$234.95

Child

$194.95

We walked up to the ticket kiosk, and as we were approaching the lines…I notice a sign. It says:

“Military Families Check In Here.”

Well, my step-father is retired Air Force. My mother gets military privileges. So, we decide to try that window…just to see what that can get us.

Apparently, military, spouses and dependents get in free.

I forgot about that. :headache: DH and I must go this fall.

The first thing we did was head to the Clyde and Seamore Show. This is a cute show about a missing pirate map, and the sea creatures have to save the day.
Very cute show. :thumbsup2

Behind the Clyde and Seamore Show is Sea World’s roller coaster. No thanks. I’d rather keep down my breakfast.
Come on Jen! :rolleyes: I'll go with you next time.

From lunch, we headed over to Arctic Wild. Oh…outside, there was a queue and everything. I was expecting something fantastic!!! We walked in and there were 3 pools. One had a beluga whale, that you couldn’t see…one had a polar bear, that you couldn’t see…and I don’t even remember what the third one held. Yay! I waited in that queue for 20 minutes…to see nothing.

You didn't see any penguins? I could watch them all day.

The trainers send all of the other whales away…and have us begin to call for Shamu. Everyone’s chanting:

“SHAMU! SHAMU! SHAMU!”

And Shamu comes out…and…the…crowd…goes…WILD!!!!

And Shamu swims over to our left…

And several things happen simultaneously.

I see Shamu raise his tail…and SMASH it down into the water, sending water careening 30 rows up into the crowd. And everyone is over there dripping wet…the section right next to ours that is.

Picture373.jpg

The man in front of us takes off his shirt.

And my inner dialogue starts going again:

“OMG! Why is that dude taking off his shirt? Boy…they’re wet. Hey…are we going to get that wet?”

With camera in hand…and with barely enough time to drop my head…Shamu soaks us.

And I mean…as if I had jumped in the freakin’ pool with the whale himself. I am soaked. SOAKED! My clothes are clinging to my body like white on rice. And I can do nothing but laugh…at my own stupidity.

Yes, honies. It’s a freakin’ SOAK ZONE!
Sorry, :lmao:

Well, at least I wasn’t hot anymore.
Always a positive note. :thumbsup2

The trainers send all of the other whales away…and have us begin to call for Shamu. Everyone’s chanting:

“SHAMU! SHAMU! SHAMU!”

And Shamu comes out…and…the…crowd…goes…WILD!!!!

And Shamu swims over to our left…

And several things happen simultaneously.

I see Shamu raise his tail…and SMASH it down into the water, sending water careening 30 rows up into the crowd. And everyone is over there dripping wet…the section right next to ours that is.

And my inner dialogue starts going again:

“OMG! Why is that dude taking off his shirt? Boy…they’re wet. Hey…are we going to get that wet?”

With camera in hand…and with barely enough time to drop my head…Shamu soaks us.

And I mean…as if I had jumped in the freakin’ pool with the whale himself. I am soaked. SOAKED! My clothes are clinging to my body like white on rice. And I can do nothing but laugh…at my own stupidity.

Yes, honies. It’s a freakin’ SOAK ZONE!

And I look to my right…where Jon, Lexie and the motha are seated…and they are barely wet. BARELY WET! Just a titch bit of a splash here and there. And I’m ticked. Oh, I’m ticked. At myself. For being such an idiot…and thinkin’ seats down here were a good idea.

I actually pull out our Disney ponchos at this point. Because if Shamu’s coming back…I’m going to be prepared.

So, everyone watches me struggle to put the ponchos on me and my family…and I miss the whole rest of the show. And Shamu never came back.

And the dude without the shirt in front of me turns around and goes:

“It’s over. I think you needed that a while ago.”

Gee, thanks oh shirtless wonder. Thanks for the input…as I sit here with my clothes holding an extra 20 pounds of water.

And then I remember.

OH SNAP!

I was holding my camera in my hand when the bomb went off.

I try to take a picture. I try to turn the camera on.

The camera…has passed from this life. With the freakin’ new memory card that I just purchased on the inside.

Let’s all take a moment to mourn the camera.

And now I’m reeeeallly ticked. Because I’m an idiot.

I squeeze the water out of my clothing…literally wringing out my shirt and pants. I get rid of at least 10 pounds of water. And I trudge and drip out of the stadium.

Well, at least I wasn’t hot anymore.

We circled around to the underwater whale viewing area. And I kept giving this guy the evil eye…because clearly…it was all his fault that I can’t read the signs.

Soak zone. Pffft.

i'm sorry, but this bit is sooooo funny :rotfl2: i was reading it was like she has just seen the section next to her and get soaked and is STILL holding her camera!!!

when the show used to be shamu's adventure the pre-show used to go on about the soak zone and how you get absoulty soaked as it showed everyone in the splash zone would be going up higher into the stands!!

they dont warn up as much anymore lol :rotfl:

just catching up on all you TR.....loving it!! :banana:

YOU DIDN'T GO ON KRAKEN!!!!! I love that coaster. Actually I haven't been to SW since '03, looking to go on one of the trips next year.

Um, sorry, but I um sorta laughed at you getting soaked;)

Did you go to the see the dolphins?

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Oh carp, I think I pee'd a little! Jen, I'm so sorry... I've logged some serious time at Sea World and I always think, "WHo ARE these people who sit in the 'Soak Zone' and then look all surprised when they get soaked?!" Now I know: Disney people. ;) :hug:

The camera deal stinks. Was it able to be resurrected?:guilty:

“Tia…can we go to Africot today?”

I’m assuming “Africot” is some combination of Epcot and Africa in AK. But, I’m not quite sure. :rotfl:

That's so cute!

#1: This cab driver refused to turn on the air conditioning. In the sweltering heat.

#2: He drove like a bat outta hell. I had to grab onto the handle to keep from being thrust into his lap during the ride.

#3: He SMELLED B-A-D. Sorta like body odor with a hint of old vodka. He wasn’t drunk…but he clearly had been the night before…IYKWIM…

#4: He kept muttering to himself.

Yuck and double yuck!

And the 10 minute taxi ride there came out to $25. WTHECK????

I had read that it costs quite a bit to take a cab to Universal so this one doesn't surprise me. Sorry.

We lied. I made Jon under 10.

My dad used to make my older siblings pretend to be under 12 to get into the movies cheaper. They hated it. Did Jon even know. I would do it if I thought I could get away with it but...

#1 My kids would NOT go along. I've taught them too well. DS even called me on bringing candy into a theater and made me feel all guilty so I didn't do it. What is it with these kids always following the rules and not lying when we need them to?

#2 My kids are above average in height so not only could I not get away with it I always felt like people would think we were trying to when my kids were just young enough to still get into things like the zoo for free.

But, additionally, since I was with my mother…I got 10% off my ticket. My mother saved us about $200 that day…at least.

At least she’s good for something.

That's so awesome!!!!

The first thing we did was head to the Clyde and Seamore Show.

That show looks so cute. Now I want to go to SW...

We got awesome seats. A few rows up from the bottom…to the left of center.

As we’re heading down to our seats, I notice a sign on the back of the benches that says: “Soak Zone.”

I won't even sit with the kids in the "Splash Zone" at the dolphin show in our zoo. It doesn't soak you but does get you pretty wet with that nasty water. It always makes me think of Chris Farley in the SNL skit where he's trying to impress the girl at SW and gets completely soaked with disease infested bathwater.:rotfl:

That's just weird. Was this his weekly bath or something? Nothing like bathing in saltwater.

I was holding my camera in my hand when the bomb went off.

I can't believe you did that! RIP little camera. We hardly knew ye.

Me: “Ummmm…do they attack you?”

Her: “Just be careful.”

Up Next: AAAAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!

I can't wait to see what happens with the birds!

I swear those two shows are exactly the same as in S.A. We like to go for Homeschool day. We get it for $8 each. Only the shows and displays are open, though. No rides or swimming- but who cares?! $8!!!! :banana:

Wow, $8! Do you have to prove you home school? I don't care about the rides if I'm going to Sea World. I just wanna see some shows!

My dh said I had to hurry and get done reading whatever I was reading cause he was tired of me laughing.

It drives DS crazy when I'm DISsing. He always wants to know what I'm laughing at and gets mad if I don't describe the hilarious item in great detail.

This TR is a scream!!!:lmao:

Thanks for sticking up for AK. The DH and I will be going there. I do believe we will enjoy it more than the rest of the parks for the very reasons you shared. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Come on Jen! :rolleyes: I'll go with you next time.

Jen gets motion sickness. Not pretty. :sad2:

You didn't see any penguins? I could watch them all day.

Later in the day. :thumbsup2

i'm sorry, but this bit is sooooo funny :rotfl2: i was reading it was like she has just seen the section next to her and get soaked and is STILL holding her camera!!!

I know. I have no common sense. At ALL! :lmao:

Did you go to the see the dolphins?

Yes...later. And that's a story in itself. ;)

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Oh carp, I think I pee'd a little! Jen, I'm so sorry... I've logged some serious time at Sea World and I always think, "WHo ARE these people who sit in the 'Soak Zone' and then look all surprised when they get soaked?!" Now I know: Disney people. ;) :hug:

The camera deal stinks. Was it able to be resurrected?:guilty:

It sorta works. But, it "groans" when I turn it on. Sorta like an old man getting up out of a deep chair.

And thanks V...for not warning me. I blame you entirely. :rotfl:

My dad used to make my older siblings pretend to be under 12 to get into the movies cheaper. They hated it. Did Jon even know. I would do it if I thought I could get away with it but...

#1 My kids would NOT go along. I've taught them too well. DS even called me on bringing candy into a theater and made me feel all guilty so I didn't do it. What is it with these kids always following the rules and not lying when we need them to?

#2 My kids are above average in height so not only could I not get away with it I always felt like people would think we were trying to when my kids were just young enough to still get into things like the zoo for free.

Jon didn't know. But, the thing is...he is soooo little, they didn't ask. They just assumed. My mom did it really...not me. :rolleyes1

This TR is a scream!!!:lmao:

Thanks for sticking up for AK. The DH and I will be going there. I do believe we will enjoy it more than the rest of the parks for the very reasons you shared. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Thanks for coming hon!!!

Hi! I have spent the last few days reading your trip report and wanted to let you know I love it.Waay too much to comment on but I have thoroughly enjoyed it and will be reading along.:goodvibes

Hi! I have spent the last few days reading your trip report and wanted to let you know I love it.Waay too much to comment on but I have thoroughly enjoyed it and will be reading along.:goodvibes

Awwww....thanks.

I try hard...to not sound too crazy. ;) :lmao:

Did you contact my contact? :goodvibes

I actually was given to another person...but it is looking good. They are sending me the paperwork.

Girl...I'm going to smash a kiss on you so big...

:lmao:

OK...I"ll buy you a drink instead...for the benefit of both of us. ;) :rotfl:

I actually was given to another person...but it is looking good. They are sending me the paperwork.

Girl...I'm going to smash a kiss on you so big...

:lmao:

OK...I"ll buy you a drink instead...for the benefit of both of us. ;) :rotfl:

:goodvibes :cool1: Dude, I am so glad. I am sure they are all good.

Waiting.

Just saying...:rolleyes1

You know what I did...*hanging head in shame*

When I moved back home...I left my notebook of TR notes at my motha's. :scared1: So, i have nothing to write my TR with.

My brother is headed to Albuquerque on the 6th...and I have to wait for him to go pick up my stuff...so I can get on with this TR.

Dude...what should we talk about???

Anyone?? Anyone?? Bueller??

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You know what I did...*hanging head in shame*

When I moved back home...I left my notebook of TR notes at my motha's. :scared1: So, i have nothing to write my TR with.

My brother is headed to Albuquerque on the 6th...and I have to wait for him to go pick up my stuff...so I can get on with this TR.

Dude...what should we talk about???

Anyone?? Anyone?? Bueller??

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh no! :headache:

Uh, we could talk about our favorite blizzard flavor... :rolleyes1 Sorry, I had to tease you. I'm glad things got worked out there. I bet you could still own a DQ yet if you really wanted to! :lmao:

Oh no! :headache:

Uh, we could talk about our favorite blizzard flavor... :rolleyes1 Sorry, I had to tease you. I'm glad things got worked out there. I bet you could still own a DQ yet if you really wanted to! :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:

Well, according to my bestest friend meeska...This is DQ Country. (Do you get those commercials there???)

Darn it...I could own a franchise! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter