Is Disney really hurting that bad financially?

If you want to hear screams you need to be at people's houses when they open their credit card bill after visiting.
A terrifying tale worthy of the season! 🫣😳🤗

But truly, I could not live with that. For me, Disney is always a “cash on the barrelhead” kind of thing. I have not paid interest to a credit card company in decades.

What Disney had in mind when they created the amusement parks was to have parks that catered to everybody of different age groups and appeal to families. Like for example in Walt Disney World when you visit Magic Kingdom you'll notice that Fantasyland is the section that appeals to younger children and the same with Mickey's Toontown Fair but the sections like Tomorrowland Adventureland and Frontierland are geared to families and older kids and teenagers because teens love roller coasters and thrill rides and that's what attracts the older kids and teenagers while Main Street USA is a huge hit with senior adults because they can enjoy taking a break while watching people go by. But I think if you look at Epcot Center you'll see that Epcot Center attracts the adult and teenage crowd who are really into science and world history and you'll notice that any time you go to Epcot you will notice adults getting food from World Showcase and teens learning about science at Future World. And the third theme park that really is a hit with everyone is Disney's Hollywood Studios especially if you have movie and TV fans in your family and just like Epcot the same thing applies to Animal Kingdom if you're animal crazy. And Disney used to apply the same thing with it's resorts. Like when Disney debuted Grand Floridian Resort in 1988 it was a resort catering to an adult crowd and catered to adults by having the restaurant Victoria And Albert's but it seemed that the Grand Floridian changed it's image and started attracting families by having character breakfasts at 1900 Park Fare and it seemed that this would become the new image of Disney Resorts and so they learned that by having more family oriented resorts and so that's why Boardwalk Inn and Animal Kingdom Lodge and Art Of Animation Resort and All-Star Resorts are catered to families with kids and that helped Disney do well. But I wouldn't count on Disneyland deciding to open a Disneyland branch of Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser in the future but what Disney itself is proud of is that the fact that Disney+ is a success Marvel is a very good success and Star Wars is a strong winner it shows that Disney will continue to do well in the years ahead

I have not been a big fan of the decisions that Disney has made, nor am I a fan at all of Bob Chapek; But I wouldn't say that Disney hasn't done much, nor do I believe they are hurting bad financially. In fact, I'd actually say they have done quite a lot of things. Normally I'd be excited about all of the additions and new attractions. But with the cutbacks, changes to the park experience such as IL$$ (and others), and costs beyond what even a free vacation spender like me is willing to pay, I've lost that excitement.

But with all that said, again I can't say that Disney is doing nothing while Universal is moving forward. Disney has done a lot of things for the positive. It's just for this old in his way habits person, WDW it appears has passed me by. Now I'll get my Disney fix on a DCL ship and look forward to my retirement in the next 8 years. LOL

They don't see any need to try to stay ahead of Universal since the parks are still packed to the gills despite higher prices and scaled back offerings. As long as they're still making tons of money offering less, that's what they'll continue to do.
correct

This is absolutely true. I know they aren't that exciting for people, but flat spinners and such have their place. Young kids enjoy them and they can divert people from the big A-list rides. When you only have two rides in a land, and both are ostensibly E-Tickets (I'm looking at you, Galaxy's Edge), then you get that overcrowding and bottlenecks on capacity. These rides serve a necessary prupose.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Something cutting edge is nice, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with an omnimover and a spinner at times. The need for every new ride to be an E ticket is the problem IMO.

Yes! Omnimovers too - they can be so excellent. Honestly, very little in the way of recent rides comes anywhere close to Haunted Mansion or Spaceship Earth.
And you could probably build 3 HM's for the price of a TRON

Yes! Omnimovers too - they can be so excellent. Honestly, very little in the way of recent rides comes anywhere close to Haunted Mansion or Spaceship Earth.
Don't get me wrong I like those type of rides. Where Disney lacks is more rides in the vain of Everest and Tower of Terror. They need more thrilling themed rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter