Is Cinderella royal table worth ~150 paying oop

We love going here! Have desided not to eat here on next trip because of the money. If you have never eaten here before I say go for it. But for us, having done it many times to cost and change in menu is not worth it anymore. I hope if others feel the same way and stop going it will force a change back in the right direction.

Whether or not you want to use your DDP credits depends on what else you have planned.....

I figure the value of an TS credit to be at least $35. SO, to get my value out of a 2 TS meal, the charge (including tax and tip) needs to be at least $70 per adult. If it is less than that, it is a better deal to pay OOP.

The way I figured that is that it is the cost of a character dinner, which is about the cheapest dinner at WDW--$28 + tax + tip = $34-35 Granted, there are 1 TS places where our bill was $115 for 2 people, making the plan an even better deal.

We've eaten at CRT every trip (twice a year) for the last 5 years, our last time being last December. No, I don't think that CRT is worth the current pricing (that went into effect in February), pitcures and lithograph or not. We'll not eat there again, but that is much easier for us to say given that we've been there, done that. So, while the meal isn't worth the current inflated price, it might be worth doing once if you've never been, just for the experience.........but that is even a stretch.

seven dwarfs said:
We love going here! Have desided not to eat here on next trip because of the money. If you have never eaten here before I say go for it. But for us, having done it many times to cost and change in menu is not worth it anymore. I hope if others feel the same way and stop going it will force a change back in the right direction.

It's a "must do at least once" thing.

If you've never done it before, or are doing it with a young child for the first time....go for it. It's worth the cost just for the experience.

That being said, we've done it with our kids, and now do 1900 Park Faire, instead. Easier ADR (not that there is a tougher one than CRT), better food (with the CRT menu changes) even though it's a buffet, less expensive (both oop and for the dining plan) and it doesn't seem as "rushed" as CRT is.

We've got another little one on the way (a Disney Souvenir, actually, from our Jan trip) and it looks like it's a little girl. In a couple/few years, we'll go back to CRT so she can experience it (along with our other 2, again), but til then.....it's just not worth it to us.

pilferk said:
That being said, we've done it with our kids, and now do 1900 Park Faire, instead. Easier ADR (not that there is a tougher one than CRT), better food (with the CRT menu changes) even though it's a buffet, less expensive (both oop and for the dining plan) and it doesn't seem as "rushed" as CRT is
AND...ten times the interaction with Cindy! At CRT, what you really get is a 30-second photo op downstairs with the great woman, and then your meal upstairs with the farm team.

At 1900 Park Faire, both Cindy and Prince Charming are walking around the tables. Cindy came to our table 4 times while we were there -- it got to the point where DD4goingon24 was getting a little bored with her. But we got great pictures that we didn't have to pay extra for.

However...as others have said...if you have a little princess, you have to do CRT once. We don't know how old yours is, but I'd be sure she's old enough to remember the event. [ETA: Oops, I see she's six. That's a great age for CRT.]

As for whether you should or shouldn't go, well it's worth it to go once. We've been, though, and don't plan to go back. We like PSB just as well (we particularly like lunch there) and it's less expensive.

As for whether it's better to pay OOP or DP credits: financially your TS credits are better used elsewhere. As long as there are enough other TS restaurants (or another signature restaurant) you'd like to try, paying OOP for this is smart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter