Is a standard view really that bad at AKL?

I'm going to be in the minority here. I have been at the AKL many times, but I'll admit I have never stayed at the AKL ( it's in the plans), but I just can't imagine staying there and not being able to look out on the Savannah from my room. With other resorts closer to the parks and more transportation options at them, I'd stay elsewhere. But hey, that's just me. :goodvibes

We stayed in a Standard room last year and had a partial view of the Savannah. It was lovely !

Just got home from our standard room stay. We requested a partial view of the savannah and were placed in room 3349 on the kudu trail. We could see a bit of the people pen, and MANY of the animals. It was awesome!

Since we need 2 rooms for 2 extended families (8 people) and I have to pay for all of it we always stay in standard view rooms and I have never been disappointed. We stayed at AKL last June and I requested any kind of a view. They put me above one of the people pens and we had a spectacular view. After one rainstorm we got a couple of hundred pictures and videos of a mother giraffe playing tag with a young one.

We had a pool view room on our only stay at AKL. It was nice enough. We walked all over the resort even over to KV. We saw plenty of animals, just not from our room's balcony.

For me, a savanna view is the only one I will book at this hotel. I love the hotel, think it’s beautiful and unique, but it’s far from a lot of the parks. For us, if we are staying there we will be spending time on our balcony to watch the animals, I don’t feel like the public viewing areas are the same. If we were looking for a cheaper room we’d look into a different hotel instead of a standard there and maybe book a dinner at Jiko to go view the animals instead. Especially since you’ve stayed in the savanna room you’ll know what you are missing if you have a rooftop view.

We like the standard view near the Rafiki elevator. You can hear the water from the water play area and I find it relaxing. I find having stayed at AKL dozens of times that I have plenty of opportunities to view the animals from the viewing areas, from the Community Hall balcony and from all the huge windows I pass to and from my room. Always book standard.

We have stayed in both types of rooms.
I enjoy get up in the morning and sitting on the balcony and watching the animals.
However, there are so many good views o fthe Savanna, that when we had the standard room, I didn't miss the view as much as I thought I would.
However, we also don't spend that much time in the room.

It’s so subjective. Staying @ AKL right now in a booked standard. We Have a pool view. We arent much of balacony people or spend a lot of time in the room during daylight and couldn’t justify the extra cost for maybe 10 minutes of possible animal views. But my family prefers to lobby sit and sit around in the nooks of the resort normally even if not AKL, so we don’t mind it.

Everyone has their own preferences. Choose what makes you the happiest.

I've stayed twice at AKL, both times Pool view. I'll never pay for a Savannah view because I know I can be happy without one. I spent all the time I wanted visiting the many other viewing areas.

Will I really miss the view of the animals?

No. We have stayed at AKL many times, and are in the minority regarding Savannah views rooms. yes. the first time we saw a zebra was kind of cool. Even the second time we saw the same zebra was ok. but it soon became the joke of our family. "hey look, a zebra"...."Wonder if there will be a zebra.....THERE IS a zebra"....."hello Mr. Zebra"

The novelty just wore off. So after that 1st time, we never worried about what kind of view we "paid for". Some times we got a parking lot, some times we were given the Savannah view.

What are the views like ?

Our last trip to AKL in March of 2017 was one of our best. We were given a 2nd floor view right next to the front drive way. We sat on the balcony and watched countless tired travelers pull up with loaded cars, and frustrated parents just trying to check in, while restless children just wanted to do disney things. saw many of moms and dad "lose it" dealing with this.

Same goes watching a dad try and pack 12 suit cases in a car built for 6 suit cases, all while the bell man is waiting for a tip, and the mom is telling him how to do it. So funny.

Are the walks long to the lobby?

In the latest example above, one flight of stairs and we were in the loby. very easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter