Iran wants FIFA to remove the USMNT from the WC due to a Twitter post

Our idea of freedom of speech is not always agreed upon by fellow Americans, lest we should not expect a theocratic government of a foreign country to see things our way. Our “stunt” was obviously short-sighted, as we couldn’t actually believe a country like Iran would agree with our opinion and worldview. That does not mean not speaking our truth nor does it mean saying whatever we want. Diplomacy and relationships matter. Sports are often a good soft power to have, and in many ways, we Americans underutilize it. But we must be aware that things like LIV golf and Ronaldo potentially playing in KSA may do more to sports-wash their humanitarian rights violations than it provides American and European views of freedom to be exported abroad.

Will you watch the match on Saturday and see team USA make history?
Wait a minute. I finally cared about a soccer game and you want me to care about 2 in a row? That's a tough ask. Probably not to be honest. It's league title weekend in NCAA football. I'll either be celebrating if my team makes it to the FBS plus one or celebrating a good season and the fact we're back if they don't. Also in the FCS, I have a team in that playoff as well and I'll be watching them too. Besides. We got the game I wanted. Anything more is just frosting on the cake.

Wait a minute. I finally cared about a soccer game and you want me to care about 2 in a row? That's a tough ask. Probably not to be honest. It's league title weekend in NCAA football. I'll either be celebrating if my team makes it to the FBS plus one or celebrating a good season and the fact we're back if they don't. Also in the FCS, I have a team in that playoff as well and I'll be watching them too. Besides. We got the game I wanted. Anything more is just frosting on the cake.
Yea, but those FB games won't start until after the USMNT game is over. What's your next excuse? :rotfl2:

Yea, but those FB games won't start until after the USMNT game is over. What's your next excuse? :rotfl2:
I've already stated I really don't care for or about soccer much. So I need no pretext, nor pretense to rationalize not watching thank you very much. Further, just when do you think I plan to recover from Friday night's game? Further, I'm not going to make my spouse a football widow AND a Futball widow.

I've already stated I really don't care for or about soccer much. So I need no pretext, nor pretense to rationalize not watching thank you very much. Further, just when do you think I plan to recover from Friday night's game? Further, I'm not going to make my spouse a football widow AND a Futball widow.
What if we go to the quarter finals?

I feel very bad for the Iranian players and what they will face when they go home. I have not watched any games, I do follow the scores online out of curiosity and my inherent need to be informed. Perhaps if the US makes it to the final I might watch.

I feel very bad for the Iranian players and what they will face when they go home. I have not watched any games, I do follow the scores online out of curiosity and my inherent need to be informed. Perhaps if the US makes it to the final I might watch.
We have never done that but if we do win the next two games, that will be historical. If we win 4 in a row, we will win the cup for the first time in history.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter