Invitations

My DF and I made these ourselves. There are more details in my PJ if anyone is interested. :goodvibes:

SavetheDateDiscopy2.jpg

Front

SavetheDateBackDIScopy.jpg

Back

finishedsavethedateandenvelope.jpg

We used Momental Designs because we loved their creativity and that they were willing to create something totally custom to really reflect "us." We're thrilled with how they turned out:
IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

all these are amazing!!

I'm in a bit of a funny situation with our invites. Neil and I are talking about getting engaged in June (naturally, I'm way ahead on planning :rotfl:) but as we're from the UK, we want as many of our friends and family to come and be with us on our day as possible.

So we'll probably have to send out pre-invitations with a month and a year. And then actual invites when we have final numbers and we've booked the day with Disney, which will be like 16 months before, am I right?

I want something quite simple, like this,

bobandshelly.jpg

With a text explaining what the situation is... like this...

invitationtext.jpg

How does this look? Any UK brides tell me any etiquette for this sort of thing?

Well mine are finally done and went out the other week. Here are a few pics ...

petals.jpg

openbox.jpg

closeup.jpg

rsvp_pocket.jpg

rsvp.jpg

reception_pocket.jpg

tcc.jpg

accomodations_2.jpg

map.jpg

They were delivered to our guests in silk boxes, with silk rose petals all around and wrapped with a silk ribbon and crystal buckle. Lots of enclosure cards on the inside plus a "mad libs" style RSVP card.

Beautiful!

Leslie

Here are mine that I just finished. We have a loose Haunted Mansion theme.

This was the most tedious DIY project I've ever done. It saved us a tone of money but still. We got our invitation materials from Cards&Pockets, and our response postcards from Vistaprints (I took the HM pic we used).

DSC_0076 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

I hand stamped every invitation and had to rig the Ravens so they would sit together.

DSC_0077 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

DSC_0078 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

I took this pic from Tom Sawyer's Island. We had Vistaprint do most of the printing and I just put in the response date on the back.

DSC_0080 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

We did two different belly bands b/c not everyone would appreciate the pretty bats. Each band is sealed with an Celtic eternity symbol wax seal. This is the biggest pain in the butt, if I do say so myself.

DSC_0081 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

DSC_0082 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

Really Pretty!

Leslie

Hey y'all! If you designed your invitations yourself, can you please post what type of software or design program you used? I have a MacBook Pro and would like to design, print, and assemble our invitations ourselves using paper from cardsandpockets.com. Thanks! :flower3:

Hey y'all! If you designed your invitations yourself, can you please post what type of software or design program you used? I have a MacBook Pro and would like to design, print, and assemble our invitations ourselves using paper from cardsandpockets.com. Thanks! :flower3:

I used Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator. We went through Cards and Pockets for printing and had them glue the invitation in. We inserted the rest of the cards ourselves.

I used Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator. We went through Cards and Pockets for printing and had them glue the invitation in. We inserted the rest of the cards ourselves.

Thank You! I've seen Adobe Illustrator currently for about $160-$180, is that about right?

I'm designing my Save the Date cards right now and am using Adobe Photoshop. However, I'm finding that what I need is just simple fonts and layouts because I'll be adding the embellishments on myself after the cards are printed. I probably could have gotten away with using Microsoft Word or a similar program if I needed to.

I'll post pics when I finish. :goodvibes

Hi CityGirl. Your invites are beautiful! I'm still on my save the date cards but am starting to think about what I want on my invitations. Can I ask what kind of information you included in your inserts?

I'm designing my Save the Date cards right now and am using Adobe Photoshop. However, I'm finding that what I need is just simple fonts and layouts because I'll be adding the embellishments on myself after the cards are printed. I probably could have gotten away with using Microsoft Word or a similar program if I needed to.

I'll post pics when I finish. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for your reply! I ended up downloading Pages for my mac and it is working great. This program also allows me to make our wedding newsletter and programs, and many other printables! I should upload a pic, too! I have downloaded some great script fonts and the Disney font for FREE! But what I am looking for now is a clean, high quality swirly graphic for the corner of our square invite! We're getting REALLY close to the 6 month mark!!!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!