Inventory This High?

It's a rough estimate of the number of contracts available at brokers. Cannot say any more.
Ah I see! You cannot say more because it is proprietary or that was a sufficient definition?

If the latter, mind sharing where I can find that info?

That’s one of my biggest disappointments with the new DVC resorts… the extraordinarily hungry point charts. If you are interested in 1 or 2 bedrooms you need a minimum of 400 points and that’s not the case with the BWV or OKW. I get that it’s supply and demand but it’s just another hurdle for DVC to sell direct.
I would also argue that, barring the Epcot resorts, the newer locations and products are far more premium.

I would also argue that, barring the Epcot resorts, the newer locations and products are far more premium.
I would agree. Riviera, PVB, and VGF have the largest DVC studios, and VGF and Riviera are clearly styled as premium products (although I think the SSR makeover is pretty damn close).

Why does CCV have (roughly) the same points chart as BRV? Because DVC considers them similar tier resorts. CCV has the better location, BRV has larger, more functional rooms. People here were shocked at how reasonable the CCV point chart was just like they were shocked VGF 2.0 was line priced and they’ll be shocked when VDH is line priced per point and slightly fewer points per night than VGC. But it’s how Disney views the rooms.

I think they’d redo Boardwalk if they could and everything else is basically in line with what it is (Which is why I think Beach Club will be a tear down in 2042, so they can upscale it).

That’s one of my biggest disappointments with the new DVC resorts… the extraordinarily hungry point charts. If you are interested in 1 or 2 bedrooms you need a minimum of 400 points and that’s not the case with the BWV or OKW. I get that it’s supply and demand but it’s just another hurdle for DVC to sell direct.
I guess it depends on how often you go to Disney. We only go every 2 or 3 years, so don't need even close to 400 points. We have 225 at VGF, which easily gets us a 2 bedroom every other year. If we want to go more often someday, we'll simply book in at SSR or OKW at 7 months. The higher points chart was worth it to us because of location and amenities.

When those charts were created, the cash rates for rooms was far less than it was when the newer resorts. So, it’s not surprising that we see higher charts these days.

Why does CCV have (roughly) the same points chart as BRV? Because DVC considers them similar tier resorts. CCV has the better location, BRV has larger, more functional rooms
Even though it was many years later, CCV matched the point chart of BR because they are both in WL. This is a decision that I bet DVC regrets, as the point chart does a lot of the work for Disney. It made the point chart too low for the rest of the later resorts.

There were some solutions here, like a few "standard" view rooms of the laundry and then the rest cost more than BR. I would expect Poly2 to do something like this with studios, either with views or new categories, like the tower studios.

The other choice Disney could have made was not doing the full 50 years and matching BR. I wouldn't be surprised to see that one on Poly also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter