Introducing Amy to "Walt's World" *Updated twice 1/21 Last installments*

WOW...

What is a Pal Mickey? Where can I get those lanyards? Where can I buy pins? Are we just given some pins? How do I make T Shirts for Lauren and her family? :)

Also...what rides can you NOT get on? Due to logistical stuff?

Thanks for your help!! :) Maroo

What is Pal Mickey?

This is the description from the WDW website:

This huggable, interactive Mickey Mouse plush will let you in on insider park tips, give you parade and showtime reminders, tell you when your favorite characters are nearby, and let you know about short waits at your favorite attractions

If you read the other TR's you will see him on Bill's tray. He let us know about the Dolphin exhibition in the Land. When something is happening his sensors let him know and he shakes and starts talking. He is fun.

Where can I get those lanyards?

It depends on what type you want. If you want plain ones you can go online, if you want ones with Disney characters you can go online, Ebay, resort stores, the Parks, and DTD.

Where can I buy pins?

You can buy them at disneyshopping.com, online places (google - disney pins), ebay etc. Some people sell "junk pins" that are not offical pins so you have to watch out for that. There is a pin forum here on the Dis and they have many tips. You can buy the pins on property at the resort shops, DTD, and the parks.

Are we just given some pins?

I don't know if GKTW gives pins or not? You could by a lanyard starter set. They usually come with 4 pins, 2 sets of the same pin, then you have 2 to keep and 2 to trade.

How do I make T Shirts for Lauren and her family?

There are many fantastic designers on on the Creative DISigns here on the DIS. There are t shirt transfer papers you can buy and do it yourself. Also there are places like zazzle.com that you can upload the images you want on the shirts and they will print it for you. I will have a picture of a shirt I just got from there posted tomorrow some time.

Also...what rides can you NOT get on? Due to logistical stuff?

Can Lauren transfer at all? Does she walk? Bill can't walk and prefers to stay in his chair.

Off the top of my head The Ticket and Transportation Authority aka The People Mover at Magic Kingdom has a continuously moving walkway that they will not stop. If Lauren can't walk well she shouldn't do this. I couldn't see trying to carry her on the moving walk way. The same thing with Peter Pan at Magic Kingdom, they do not stop the walk way.

The Haunted Mansion will stop the walk way if you ask them too.

I know there are many links in the Disabilites section in the sticky thread. There should be a link to the rides. Also, have you heard of the book "Passorter's Open Mouse"? It is a fantastic book about going to Disney World with disabilities.

I hope I answered your questions. Feel free to ask me anything, I don't mind at all. I want to help everyone to be able to enjoy Bill and I's happy place.

I like the envelopes! I always make them for Mousekeeping!!!

Thanks! We like them too.

I am going to side step our Disney plans for a moment and talk a little bit about our upcoming Smokey Mountains trip.

Bill’s mom was down there 3 weeks ago getting the cabin ready, putting the final touches on it before they started renting it out. The photographer came from the rental company and spent 10 hours taking pictures, moving things, waiting for the right light. She said she was ready for him to be gone :rotfl: . She had told me to wait about a week to see if they had been posted on the rental site.

Well you might know this about me by now, I have NO patience so I looked on the site about 3 days later, they were already there!! I called her immediately, they were driving back to Indiana so I knew I would be able to reach them. She was ecstatic
yay-1.gif
. She couldn’t wait to see the pictures. They had posted 24 pictures on the rental site, here are 4 of them:

The front of the house:

cabinexterior1.jpg

[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]The back of the house[/FONT]:

cabinfromtheback.jpg

[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]Two great room pictures:[/FONT]

cabingreatroom2.jpg

cabingreatroom.jpg

I think they turned out very well. I know I will be taking pictures when we are there, but I don’t think any of mine would look this good. She called us a day later very happy
happy611.gif
. Someone rented it already. She didn’t think it would happen this quickly. We are supposed to be there Sept. 10 -14th and again December 23-27th. I know I will be taking Disney the entire time we are there and seeing if there is any Disney stuff at the outlet places there. <<<< that should take care of the rule to keep the PTR's about Disney ;).

I don’t know if we will make the December trip or not. Bill’s dad had a realtor come in just to see what he would list the house for, just for the heck of it. The realtor said he had two clients that would buy it now. Bill’s mom was like “HUH, we just got it done, let’s enjoy it for a little bit”. They had another cabin in that area it was listed for only 5 days before it was sold.

Bill says they need to design and build homes, they are wonderful at it, at least we think they are. If you would like to check out any more pictures or are thinking about taking a vacation to the Smokey Mountains :rolleyes1 and want a brand new place to stay with some wonderful mountain views here is the link: Radiant Glory .

Now back to obsessive, overthinking Disney World planning

Before the cabin, I was talking crafty things and before that it was about the itinerary:

ipdip.gif

eatin some german food
free_ger21.gif

drinkin some grey goose slushies
drink.gif

and watchin some men in kilts sing
Kilt.gif

The rest of the itinerary is not so colorful,
Sorysm.gif
. You might be doing this
Bored.gif
while reading it.

Monday Oct. 20th, Animal Kingdom Day 1!!!

I want to reiterate these are goals, not “must do’s”, typing this out it seems like a lot to do. I know Amy might not want to do it all, might not want to get up for rope drop, and might want to hang out at the resort. We will show her the ropes of the bus system and if she wants to stay at the resort or go off somewhere else she can do it. She says she wants to do anything we want, but Bill and I are used to the “GO GO GO” of Disney.

I don’t want to overwhelm her and cause her to have a meltdown trantrum like this
tantrum4.gif
. My fear is she could start a mutiny
pirate.gif
and Bill and her will roll along without me
wheelchair.gif
, so I promise to be good, well try at least, give me a break those are hard habits to break.

What are the goals for this day, you might ask??

• Exhibition Everest for Amy (we will go through the regular line if not too long so Bill and I can see the queue, if it is too long Amy will go through the single rider line, does EE have a single rider line? If she likes it get a FP for later in the day)
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Festival of the Lion King
  • Character meet and greets if we have time
  • Nemo the Musical (We have never seen it, so we get to experience it the first time with our wonderful buddy!!)
  • Bill wants to go to Rafiki’s Planet Watch even after I told him Buzz’s review of it
  • Flights of Wonder
  • See if we can locate Devine
  • Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
  • We plan on having lunch at some point at Flame Tree BBQ
This night we are going to Animal Kingdom Lodge to give Boma one last try. Those of you that didn't read my last TR don't know that we had some issues there. We were there before our reservation time and still waited an hour. They knew at the podium that Bill was in a wheelchair but still tried to squeeze us into a small area. How was Bill supposed to get back and forth if he wanted more food?? But we wanted to show Amy AKL and with it being a party of 3 we need a bigger table.

Then to Downtown Disney for dinner and shopping. I am also making it a priority to go to the Capt’n Jack’s Margarita stand
happy611.gif
. I know I want to go to the Christmas shop, World of Disney, Art of Disney, and Pin Traders. What else do you suggest?? Help me out people, I want us to experience as much magic as we can get our hands on.

Next is another Magic Kingdom day, but this time it is MNSSHP!!!

We’re going to a party, a Halloween Party
278.gif
!!

We will probably sleep in this morning because we have a party to go to that night, a Halloween Party, but not a scary one. We have never been to this and are really looking forward to it.

When we had the trip scheduled for November, Bill and I had purchased MVMCP
santabounce-1.gif
tickets, one of the reasons holding me back to not change the trip to October was that the tickets were “nonrefundable”. Well they say that, but it isn’t true, well it least in our case it wasn’t. A DISer had told me to call and see if anything could be done. I called WDW Ticketing, got a fantastic CM and he said he could refund the money on the CC we had used. Then I asked him if there was any way possible to just return them in exchange for MNSSHP tickets, he said I could so that is what we did.

Now that we have Amy coming with us, she needed a ticket. She said she would purchase it, but we knew her birthday was coming up (she had her 22nd birthday on August 7th, Happy Birthday again Amy
birthday.gif
!!) so we used our AP discount and purchased her ticket. The only catch, we have to pick up her ticket at “will call” and show the AP to get it. No problem, I just like having the tickets before we get there. Well, there is a little problem. Where the heck is “will call” at Magic Kingdom? I know it is a stupid question, but Bill and I have always gotten a package deal before and always had our tickets on our room keys. So if you know the direction to point me in please do so.

Oct. 21st: Magic Kingdom Day 2!!

Goals for this day:
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Tiki Birds (oh yes we are taking Amy here, don’t even try to discourage us, I can’t wait to see the look on her face during the show)
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Hall of Presidents
  • Riverboat (if we have 20 minutes to blow and want to be bored out of our minds)
  • 3pm Parade (we have never sat down and enjoyed this HUH? WHY? I don’t know either, might have something to do with my GO GO GO attitude, don't judge me
    bat-1.gif
    )
  • Pick up party bracelets
I want us to take the boat to Wilderness Lodge, we are having dinner at Whispering Canyon Café. We are going a little early, I am hoping we can see the geyser, and get back before the Halloween party starts, we will see if that happens. I am going to ask if we can have a server that plays. Last time we were in the back of the restaurant and didn’t see any of the fun, this time we have to be at a bigger table so hopefully we will see what is going on around us. I think Amy might require some ketchup, need more soda, or something don’t you? Maybe I will tell the server Amy wants to go to Universal Studios and ask what they think of that
clap.gif

Amy asked if adults wore costumes to the party I think they can, can’t they? I don’t think it is supposed to look like a Disney Character. I am going to make some type of shirt, I don’t know if Amy and Bill will want to wear it, but I am.

We will head back to the party, I know Bill wants to see the show at the Castle, see the parade, and Hallowishes. We will see what Amy wants to do as well. I can’t wait to see the fireworks, the Christmas ones last year were amazingly wonderful. I don’t know if we will stay until the end of the party or not, we will see.

After the party we will get to hear whispers and not so quiet whispers when we take our place in the wheelchair area. I try very hard to ignore the stupid remarks, but with Amy there I see us saying some things to each other loudly so the not so magical guests hear. Things like “oh yeah, he loves being in the wheelchair, great perks, so much better than WALKING, he got Cerebral Palsy just to get on the bus first!!” Sorry, it just truly upsets and annoys me how people can be so inconsiderate.

He would trade anything to be able to walk; they have no idea how much pain he is in every single day and how differently people treat him. I adore this man and it breaks my heart when people are horrible
crywithtissues.gif
. The ones that act like that with children are the ones that upset me the most, because they are teaching their children to act that way.

I always used to tell my son “we teach people how to treat us” sometimes I need to teach a lesson, even in the middle of Disney World.

Next up…. OMG could it be more itinerary??

Plans look good. Would Amy like Once Upon a Toy?

Wow Tracy you have been busy, all your crafty stuff is great, the tip envelopes are fantastic and I'm sure any CM that got one would be incredibly pleased :goodvibes

Your IL's house looks beautiful, have a lovely time and yes EE does have a single rider line, no need for her to get any FP's there :thumbsup2

Your plans sound great!

To answer a couple of your questions:
Last time I was at AK there was a single rider line for EE.

I'm pretty sure the "will call" at MK is at guest relations (to the right of the turnstiles). My mom had to use it last year to exchange her tickets.

You are going to LOVE MNSSHP - it is so much fun!! I am determined to stay until the end this time - even if it is by myself! :)

Tracy, the cabin looks amazing ! What have you got planned for the 25th and 26th ?? Wanna join us on TOT ?

Subscribing! Wow...you are so organized! I love all your shirt designs and plans. Your weight loss is amazing-you go girl!!!! :dance3: The cabin is gorgeous! :thumbsup2

Plans look good. Would Amy like Once Upon a Toy?

Hedy, thanks for thinking of that. Amy has a niece and would probably love to pick up some things for her there!

Wow Tracy you have been busy, all your crafty stuff is great, the tip envelopes are fantastic and I'm sure any CM that got one would be incredibly pleased :goodvibes

Your IL's house looks beautiful, have a lovely time and yes EE does have a single rider line, no need for her to get any FP's there :thumbsup2

Hi Jo, thank you so much for saying those things. I can't believe we will be at the IL's cabin Wednesday. Thanks for the EE information.

Your plans sound great!

To answer a couple of your questions:
Last time I was at AK there was a single rider line for EE.

I'm pretty sure the "will call" at MK is at guest relations (to the right of the turnstiles). My mom had to use it last year to exchange her tickets.

You are going to LOVE MNSSHP - it is so much fun!! I am determined to stay until the end this time - even if it is by myself! :)

Thanks for the "will call" info. I can't wait for MNSSHP. I am trying to avoid all pictures, threads, and videos about it. I want to experience all the magic when we get there. I hope we stay the entire time.

Tracy, the cabin looks amazing ! What have you got planned for the 25th and 26th ?? Wanna join us on TOT ?

Marina, I will find a way to meet up with you some where. Amy can join you on TOT, Bill and I will walk through the queue with you :lmao:.

Subscribing! Wow...you are so organized! I love all your shirt designs and plans. Your weight loss is amazing-you go girl!!!! :dance3: The cabin is gorgeous! :thumbsup2

WELCOME!!! As I tell my friends I am Disney organized only, nothing else in my life is organized like my Disney planning :rotfl:. I enjoy making the designs. Thanks for the kind comments on the weight loss, I am really trying, Disney is a challenge all that great smelling/tasting food. I have really checked out the menus and am deciding exactly what I am eating before I even get there. Makes things easier for me. I will definately post picture of the cabin when we get back!!

TRACY!!! You look fabulous!!! I was excited to see you had a new report! I haven't read it yet though!:lmao: I saw your picture and I had to post! I'm so excited for your upcoming trip. I don't remember that pic of Bill w/ Kelly Monoco! Can't wait to hear all about your trip, and how exciting to be bringing a good friend to share it with! Sorry I haven't stayed up on your travels. I disappeared from here for a bit. I need to pay attention to your future Disney plans because I am determined to meet you and Bill sometime!:hug:

TRACY!!! You look fabulous!!! I was excited to see you had a new report! I haven't read it yet though!:lmao: I saw your picture and I had to post! I'm so excited for your upcoming trip. I don't remember that pic of Bill w/ Kelly Monoco! Can't wait to hear all about your trip, and how exciting to be bringing a good friend to share it with! Sorry I haven't stayed up on your travels. I disappeared from here for a bit. I need to pay attention to your future Disney plans because I am determined to meet you and Bill sometime!:hug:

MONICA!!! I am so happy to see you here. I would love to meet you some day too. I understand how real life intrudes on DIS life sometimes. The Kelly Monaco/Bill pic was from Nov. 2006, he hopes to meet her again in November, I wonder why :confused3 ? :lmao:

Hi Tracy, I am here!

Your plans look great so far and how fun to be taking a Disney newbie along. I'm sure you guys will do a great job of showing her the magic. :goodvibes

Hi Tracy, I am here!

Your plans look great so far and how fun to be taking a Disney newbie along. I'm sure you guys will do a great job of showing her the magic. :goodvibes

Hi Lessa!! Amy loved the pictures of you and your family at WDW. They cracked her up as much as they did me. I was showing her when you were the family banner of the week on Enchanted. I can't wait to show her why we love Disney so much. Thanks for reading.

:wave: Hi darlin! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT YOU AND MY FAVORITE GUY...(that cute Bill of yours)!!!!

Sorry I'm late. At least I'm only 4 pages late!!

Hi again! I'm not stalking you, I swear! Just finished catching up here, I get so confused about what I'm reading where....your trip is amazingly planned and will be so much fun! I'm looking forward to getting to "know" Amy more...

I have some serious craft-envy. You're so talented!

I know those stinky-head people at the parks. Ignore them. They choose to open their mouths and show the rest of us just how stupid they are. My BF had many surgeries and years of PT to get to where he can walk now. I'm very proud of him, but we have to get a wheelchair at WDW, its just a lot of walking for all of us! And I don't know what it is about those CP boys, but they do have the most beautiful eyes!

When you go to MNSSHP make sure you see Hallowishes!!!! It is AMAZING!!! I think it is some of the best fireworks I have seen! I keep going back and forth on doing the party or not when we go in Oct...DH doesn't feel like we need to go so I am going to think about it a little more.

Looking forward to seeing more of your plans when I get back!

:wave: Hi darlin! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT YOU AND MY FAVORITE GUY...(that cute Bill of yours)!!!!

Sorry I'm late. At least I'm only 4 pages late!!

:wave: Hi Jen and welcome!! Bill blushed when I read that to him, he said thank you :rotfl:. He loves hearing about how cute he it.

Hi again! I'm not stalking you, I swear! Just finished catching up here, I get so confused about what I'm reading where....your trip is amazingly planned and will be so much fun! I'm looking forward to getting to "know" Amy more...

I have some serious craft-envy. You're so talented!

I know those stinky-head people at the parks. Ignore them. They choose to open their mouths and show the rest of us just how stupid they are. My BF had many surgeries and years of PT to get to where he can walk now. I'm very proud of him, but we have to get a wheelchair at WDW, its just a lot of walking for all of us! And I don't know what it is about those CP boys, but they do have the most beautiful eyes!

Stalk away, I don't mind! Amy is a sweetie, I am so glad she said yes about coming on the trip. Those stinky-head people will get my angry eyes :mad: if I hear bad things this trip. I know what you mean about the CP and gorgeous eyes. He gets away with murder by batting those blue eyes at me and he knows it :lmao:.

When you go to MNSSHP make sure you see Hallowishes!!!! It is AMAZING!!! I think it is some of the best fireworks I have seen! I keep going back and forth on doing the party or not when we go in Oct...DH doesn't feel like we need to go so I am going to think about it a little more.

Looking forward to seeing more of your plans when I get back!

Hi, we will definately watch Hallowishes. We usually do just the party things on party night, we figure we can ride rides on the other days we will be there. I mean if there is time to hop on a ride great, but we are there for the party stuff.

I will probably post at least one more installment before we leave Wednesday morning. I am taking my laptop so I might drop by to say hi while we are there.

:wave: Hi Jen and welcome!! Bill blushed when I read that to him, he said thank you :rotfl:. He loves hearing about how cute he it.

Well, don't we all!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And I forgot to add...I looked at that cabin you guys are heading to...and OMG!!! Gorgeous!!!

Jen doesn't do "camping" and stuff. But, I"d make an exception for that!!! :thumbsup2

Well, don't we all!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And I forgot to add...I looked at that cabin you guys are heading to...and OMG!!! Gorgeous!!!

Jen doesn't do "camping" and stuff. But, I"d make an exception for that!!! :thumbsup2

Oh Tracy doesn't do "camping" either, that is why there is extreme high speed internet, 4 flat screen tvs, a game system, a wet bar, and a pool table. That is my idea of roughing it :lmao:.

Wow, just found your pre trip report and you look FANTASTIC! I am pooh sized also and just wanted to tell you that I know what hard work it is to lose weight!!
Your plans sound awesome and I am sure that Amy will have the time of her life! Both of your puppies are so cute. I love the looking at the camera poses you puppy does! How funny that he reacts to the word disney...too cute!!
Can't wait to read more plans for our upcoming trips to TN and disney world!!

Hello!
Last night I found your first PTR/TR and read the whole thing practically! (finished it up today too!) I am about halfway through this PTR and am loving it.

can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter