Interesting Experience w/ ADR Change Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be in this situation.

There is a two hour cutoff for canceling an ADR, so why the heck would you even be looking at other ADRs at that point?
I picked up an ADR last week that was about 45 minutes away. People can want to make last minute changes to plans.

The OP never said she was upset about being told no. She said she didn’t like the way the first CM spoke to her. Specifically that he was rude and told her she was the reason why restaurants are half full. Are you really saying you wouldn’t have been bothered by that response?
Go back and read her entire post. She knew about the 2 hr rule and liked it. She looked for another restaurant at 1.5 hours before her first reservation that she booked 3 weeks before. What she did not know was you also could not modify within that time frame. She was told to call and was told no, you cannot change and will be charged if not showing up at CM. The CM was rude but she could have left a bad survey and left it at that. She called again hoping to get the rule bent.
She knew the 2hour rule but did not want it applied to her on this reservation. Yes, call center CMs can bend the rule. I’m guessing the second CM got an earful and told her ok.

Last edited:
Go back and read her entire post. She knew about the 2 hr rule and liked it. She looked for another restaurant at 1.5 hours before her first reservation that she booked 3 weeks before. What she did not know was you also could not modify within that time frame. She was told to call and was told no, you cannot change and will be charged if not showing up at CM. The CM was rude but she could have left a bad survey and left it at that. She called again hoping to get the rule bent.
She knew the 2hour rule but did not want it applied to her on this reservation. Yes, call center CMs can bend the rule. I’m guessing the second CM got an earful and told her ok.

Disney has no rule against asking for an ADR to be modified and the fee to be waived. It’s cool if you want to disagree. But it’s Disney’s prerogative to waive the fee when they think it’s reasonable.

But just think - someone could have called and cancelled that ADR inside of 2 hours. If Disney didn’t let them I would not have gotten the reservation and they would have gotten charged $10/person.

You don’t know what happened… maybe someone cancelled before the 2 hour rule, so you got the ADR. Or maybe, they cancelled within 2 hours & did get charged $10 per person. You getting a last minute ADR doesn’t mean the 2 hour rule was not followed.

You don’t know what happened… maybe someone cancelled before the 2 hour rule, so you got the ADR. Or maybe, they cancelled within 2 hours & did get charged $10 per person. You getting a last minute ADR doesn’t mean the 2 hour rule was not followed.
It was for 50's Prime Time which is fairly popular. I doubt it was hanging around for over an hour.

If you made an ADR and your family got sick or your plans otherwise changed, would you not call Disney and try to get the fee waived?

It was for 50's Prime Time which is fairly popular. I doubt it was hanging around for over an hour.

If you made an ADR and your family got sick or your plans otherwise changed, would you not call Disney and try to get the fee waived?
If something happened beyond my control (as I've said numerous times in this thread) I might call and see if they could make an exception. I would not change my dining plans at the last second just for funsies and expect not to pay the fee.

I travel with adults. We do not change our ADR plans within 2 hours. It would have to be an emergency to have us miss an ADR at the last minute, so the fee would be the last thing on my mind.

When the cancellation deadline was midnight the day before, there was one such emergency & we had to cancel day off. We had a late night flight home & were in Hollywood Studios. We had an ADR for HBD for a late lunch. I got a call from SW that our flight was cancelled. I scrambled online & was able to get a flight on another airline. But it was hours earlier than the original flight & we needed to leave the park immediately. I stopped at HBD on the way out of the park, to notify them we wouldn’t be there for our ADR. The CM cancelled our ADR & said we wouldn’t be charged the no show fee. I did not ask, he just said it as he wished us a safe flight. I was fully prepared to be charged.

I know the terms & conditions when booking ADRs & am prepared to abide by them.

They just didn't want the rule to apply to them. They had no legitimate reason to NOT pay the cancelation fee.
Because I didn’t cancel. I moved my reservation to another WDW restaurant same day same time.

If I’m going to be charged $10 person WHY would I even bother to CALL Disney and wait on hold to tell them to cancel and charge me 90min prior?? Why not just NO SHOW, leave the table for 8 locked up and they get 80$ vs. $600 from another booking that now can take the slot. Your not very business smart are you?

Also from another post of yours. So if I canceled 2hr and 1min prior. Since Disney anticipated me there and they staffed and prepared Food for me at a BUFFET, Did they send anyone home? Ooh and ALL that food they prepped for me the night before going to waste. lol. How does my canceling my reservation at 2hr 1min OR 1hr 30mins change the back office prep of staffing, food prep, etc , etc? Truth is, didn’t change one damn thing for them.

Also. People come on this forum to complain about Disney policy. Or not?

Last edited:
Another thing to point out. If disneys ADR policy is supposed to be so black and white. Why if you try to change a reservation inside the 2 hour window in the MDE app do they TELL And INSTRUCT you to call them? Why not just provide policy text and save their call center from another person taking up a queue. Clearly not so black and white rule is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter