Instacart Publix Grocery Delivery Reviews

I used Instacart for my last trip, 11/17. First time using the service, got free delivery and a $15 credit which was awesome. The delivery was right during the scheduled window, all items were there, but the fruit was not the quality that I would have purchased (one apple had a worm hole in the side, bananas only lasted about 2 days). That's the main reason I won't use these delivery services at home, concern about low quality fruit/meat or that they aren't as aware of expiration dates as I am and will buy things that expire too soon.

For the price difference, I'd gladly use them again if fruits and veggies were not on my list. Unfortunately, I mainly order to have breakfast items.

I used Instacart for my last trip, 11/17. First time using the service, got free delivery and a $15 credit which was awesome. The delivery was right during the scheduled window, all items were there, but the fruit was not the quality that I would have purchased (one apple had a worm hole in the side, bananas only lasted about 2 days). That's the main reason I won't use these delivery services at home, concern about low quality fruit/meat or that they aren't as aware of expiration dates as I am and will buy things that expire too soon.

For the price difference, I'd gladly use them again if fruits and veggies were not on my list. Unfortunately, I mainly order to have breakfast items.

Never had that issue with Safeway (I use them at home now weekly and at Disney as well).

I am wondering what their hours are? I am landing at 9:30pm and won't be at the resort till after 11pm. If I order that day without alcohol can they leave it with guest services before we arrive? I have ADR for 8:30am next morning so I can't be there in the am either...

Do you have to be present for delivery or will they leave it with bell services? I understand you do if purchasing alcohol which we will not be.

I work for Instacart, once a week. There is a notes section where you can specify “Make sure bananas are slightly green with no bruising”, “Make sure mangos are ripe and mostly red”, or “Make sure all groceries have an expiration date for January 5th or beyond”. I hope this helps!

How long is the free delivery coupon valid for? I want to open an account to check it out, but don’t want my first free delivery to expire

How long is the free delivery coupon valid for? I want to open an account to check it out, but don’t want my first free delivery to expire
That was my mistake. I opened an account to check it out before I realized you had a limited time to use the free delivery. I don't remember how long it lasts, though, but it was way too short for me.

I’m so happy to hear Publix has this service. On the trips to WDW when I go directly to WDW I’ll have to sign up. There are certain brands that Publix carries that other stores don’t, like Indian River OJ! And they have a great Key Lime pie, I’m addicted.

I used them for the first and only time in December.

Approximately $100 worth of groceries to have delivered to Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Said they delivered but the groceries disappeared.

Getting a hold of them to take care of the problem was a nightmare as the app button for just such a thing kept sending us in circles.

Wyndham replaced our groceries for free.

I finally got a response from Instacart when I rated them the lowest on their survey. Then they wanted to talk.

I used them for the first and only time in December.

Approximately $100 worth of groceries to have delivered to Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Said they delivered but the groceries disappeared.

Getting a hold of them to take care of the problem was a nightmare as the app button for just such a thing kept sending us in circles.

Wyndham replaced our groceries for free.

I finally got a response from Instacart when I rated them the lowest on their survey. Then they wanted to talk.
hmmmmm, wonder if Amazon Prime Now would be a better option when we go. Sorry to hear about your nightmare but appreciate you sharing. I'm deciding between Instacart and Prime Now.

Have used them a few times, IMO they are getting too big and don't pay attention to details. Strange substitutions and incorrect info from the call center. We always get Publix fried chicken from the deli, was told to call the day prior to delivery to verify which Publix would be shopped so we could place our chicken order with the deli. Called, took awhile to get the info, placed the Publix order and guess what, they shopped a different Publix. Received a standard chicken order and the correct deli was nice about not charging us for the custom order.

In addition they didn't apply our $50 referral credits. Spent an hour talking to call center agents, supervisors and support and to this date have not heard from them for over a month and they promised to get back to us.

Looks like we will be renting a car for a day from now on and doing our own shopping again.

:earsboy: Bill

Have used them a few times, IMO they are getting too big and don't pay attention to details. Strange substitutions and incorrect info from the call center. We always get Publix fried chicken from the deli, was told to call the day prior to delivery to verify which Publix would be shopped so we could place our chicken order with the deli. Called, took awhile to get the info, placed the Publix order and guess what, they shopped a different Publix. Received a standard chicken order and the correct deli was nice about not charging us for the custom order.

In addition they didn't apply our $50 referral credits. Spent an hour talking to call center agents, supervisors and support and to this date have not heard from them for over a month and they promised to get back to us.

Looks like we will be renting a car for a day from now on and doing our own shopping again.

:earsboy: Bill
I was afraid this might be the case, that they are getting too big and details are slipping

That was my mistake. I opened an account to check it out before I realized you had a limited time to use the free delivery. I don't remember how long it lasts, though, but it was way too short for me.

I did the same, opened an account about 3 months before my trip to price compare. But they kept extending the free delivery offer every 2 weeks and increased the initial $10 credit to a $15 credit to entice me to order. I ended up being able to use both offers for my trip.

I am wondering what their hours are? I am landing at 9:30pm and won't be at the resort till after 11pm. If I order that day without alcohol can they leave it with guest services before we arrive? I have ADR for 8:30am next morning so I can't be there in the am either...

When I work for Instacart, I can pick up hours between 8:00 am and 10:00 pm. As others mentioned ahead of time, shoppers can drop off your order with bell services. I would try and make yourself available in case changes/replacements need to be made. I know I try and message my customers through the app, but not everyone responds.

Is there a way to look over the site without signing up?

Is it shopping from the store's website? What are the total fee's? We have been happy with prime now for DH and I, but for a trip with DS and family, we need a larger choice of items.

Is there a way to look over the site without signing up?

Is it shopping from the store's website? What are the total fee's? We have been happy with prime now for DH and I, but for a trip with DS and family, we need a larger choice of items.

You can download the “Publix Delivery” app and specify the store location, then it will allow you to browse through the grocery catalog.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter