Instacart Publix Grocery Delivery Reviews

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
Those that have used Instacart, were you satisfied with this service? Were substitutions made and were they appropriate? Instacart costs half of the other grocery delivery services I've looked into (Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin). I've been happy with GG and DD in the past but the mark up on the prices is quite high. However, if it's best to pay those prices for the customer service aspect then I need to decide which is best!

I'm wondering the same thing. I use instacart at home, but am wondering how it's been for people at Disney. You can chat with your shopper through the app and select substitution rules for each item (no subs, a specific item, etc) when you order. The shopper will also often message you about any changes in case you want to change something.

I'm wondering the same thing. I use instacart at home, but am wondering how it's been for people at Disney. You can chat with your shopper through the app and select substitution rules for each item (no subs, a specific item, etc) when you order. The shopper will also often message you about any changes in case you want to change something.
Do they do the shopping right before the delivery window? Just want to be certain I'm not on the plane if they are trying to contact me regarding a substitution. Also intrigued by Prime Now by Amazon but they don't seem to have everything we are looking for.

Yes, right before the delivery window so they don't have to store anything. (or at least that's how it is in my area) Delivery windows are usually an hour long.

We used Instacart through Publix this past August at Cabana Bay in Universal and absolutely loved it! We picked the 9-11am delivery window, and i think our stuff arrived around 9:45. We had constant, accurate updates...to the point that i was walking out of the lobby to meet our shopper as she was pulling up. Our girl was great, there was a BOGO free sale on one of our items so she just picked another one up for us, she offered to take it to our room but i had grabbed a luggage cart so i was able to take everything myself. As a reference for timeliness, we had frozen breakfast sandwiches, and they were still frozen when i got up to our room.

When we got there friday night, i realized we had forgotten DD's toothpaste and i was able to go in and add it to the list.

This was our first time using a grocery deliver service and we were a little nervous, but it was a great experience all around. We are definitely going to use them on our stay at the WL next August.

Are there services in the area near Disney where you can order your groceries online and then go pick them up? We will have our own truck as we're going to be camping. I use Kroger Clicklist at home and think it is the best thing ever for working moms.

I think I'd rather just go pick my stuff up than be sitting around waiting during a certain window of time. Are there Krogers in the area or does Publix provide a similar service?

Are there services in the area near Disney where you can order your groceries online and then go pick them up? We will have our own truck as we're going to be camping. I use Kroger Clicklist at home and think it is the best thing ever for working moms.

I think I'd rather just go pick my stuff up than be sitting around waiting during a certain window of time. Are there Krogers in the area or does Publix provide a similar service?
There is a Walmart nearby that does it.

Looking forward to the update. Is there a minimum purchase amount? What are the fees for instacart? I wonder if it similar to Shipt here in Nashville.

Used it last week at CS, ordered grocery items and wine from Publix and a bottle of rum from the ABC store.

One substitution made, for a fruit salad the shopper let us know she got the regular as the tropical was not there. That was fine, everything else was exactly what we ordered. Both shoppers (one from Publix, one from ABC) came right during their windows and met me at the front lobby. Zero complaints or issues with the whole process.

Pro tip: Don't sign up until you are a few days out from your trip. First order, as long as it's over $50, is free, but that expires after about a week. Otherwise delivery is $10.

Well I "received" my first order last night and it was a terrible experience. I had ordered about $300 of groceries (65 items) to be delivered between 8-9pm. I'm staying offsite at Windsor Hills. Got off the plane at 645 and received a text that shopping was complete and delivery would be at 7:15....45 minutes early. When I get to the house I discover a bag with 4 items left on my porch. The wrong order. So I immediately call customer service. They apologize and put in for redelivery in an hour. Over an hour later....no groceries. So I call back, they have no idea what happened but now the earliest they can redeliver is 9am the next morning. I tell them no thanks and asked for a refund. Definitely not happy and won't be using them again.

Well I "received" my first order last night and it was a terrible experience. I had ordered about $300 of groceries (65 items) to be delivered between 8-9pm. I'm staying offsite at Windsor Hills. Got off the plane at 645 and received a text that shopping was complete and delivery would be at 7:15....45 minutes early. When I get to the house I discover a bag with 4 items left on my porch. The wrong order. So I immediately call customer service. They apologize and put in for redelivery in an hour. Over an hour later....no groceries. So I call back, they have no idea what happened but now the earliest they can redeliver is 9am the next morning. I tell them no thanks and asked for a refund. Definitely not happy and won't be using them again.
OH NO, this is so disappointing to hear. Thanks for reporting back and hope you were able to get your groceries!

We used Instacart for a delivery last week at Windsor Hills and had a great experience. We were able to follow the shoppers progress on the app and approve 1 substitution that was made (I went through and listed substitution options on my items when I ordered.) Delivery was maybe 15 minutes early, but I had texted the shopper saying early was fine.

We used Instacart for a Publix delivery last week (to the BWI) and it was great. We were very happy with it. Prices were better than anything else we found, plus free delivery.

We opted to allow our shopper to text us (we were asked this in the order process) and she did send us a couple of texts with questions (for instance, she said none of the strawberries available looked good and asked if we wanted to skip or substitute).

Order was delivered on time (left with bell services since our room wasn't ready yet, but they texted and asked whether we wanted it brought directly to the room instead). It was packed neatly and contained everything we ordered. Overall, we were really pleased with Instacart, especially for the price.

I used it at Coronado. I signed up for the service and immediately ordered groceries and water. Less than 2 hours later, they were sitting in bell services. Amazing service including texts from the shopper. I'll do it every time! So simple.

Used instacart last Feb at FW cabins. I was happy over all, have not used the other services to compare. I used it cuz it was cheapest. I found it irritating to approve the substitutions as I really didn't care that much what we got, but most people would like to know I'm sure! They broke a bottle of beer but stuff happens so I wasn't fussed and I don't know if it was the shopper or the bell desk folks. They left it at the bell desk who then brought it to me. I over bought food,it's so hard to estimate.

Used instacart last Feb at FW cabins. I was happy over all, have not used the other services to compare. I used it cuz it was cheapest. I found it irritating to approve the substitutions as I really didn't care that much what we got, but most people would like to know I'm sure! They broke a bottle of beer but stuff happens so I wasn't fussed and I don't know if it was the shopper or the bell desk folks. They left it at the bell desk who then brought it to me. I over bought food,it's so hard to estimate.

I shop for Instacart in a different region and from what I have experienced, is that customers can provide substitutes if a particular item/brand/variety isn't available. With some orders I can get away with substituting and then checking out without getting confirmation through the app. Other orders I have to wait for the customer to approve. Customers can also set it that if an item isn't available that it can be refunded if you are particular about certain items (ie coke v. pepsi).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter