Initial point purchase

Thanks

That is what I wanted to know

So I might be better off with more points at CCV and also buy at Boardwalk now instead of AK because most likely I can book at AK in the 7 month window? We would want a 1 BR there

I would need the 11 month reservation at Boardwalk?
When are you staying at BW and what type of room? If you are ok with garden/pool view or 1 bedrooms you should be ok at BW… not sure if it’s worth a 2042 expiration? CCV might be the best buy since AKL is easy to change into.

When are you staying at BW and what type of room? If you are ok with garden/pool view or 1 bedrooms you should be ok at BW… not sure if it’s worth a 2042 expiration? CCV might be the best buy since AKL is easy to change into.
At least half the time we would get a 1 bedroom

Occasionally we would get a studio

I think the majority of our points would be at Copper Creek. Although I just got thrown for a loop because my daughter is at WDW for the weekend and she has been texting my wife how beautiful Riviera is.

I had taken it out of consideration so we shall see.

I think the majority of our points would be at Copper Creek. Although I just got thrown for a loop because my daughter is at WDW for the weekend and she has been texting my wife how beautiful Riviera is.

It def is hard to decide! If you have some flexibility and are thinking 1 bedrooms, then I would go for the best deal and the resort you'd be ok at if you can't switch. We own Poly and CC and have stayed everywhere except Saratoga and OKW... we have Riviera booked for June. We only joined in 2018 so maybe it is because we are newer DVC members, but we don't like staying at the same place each trip. Each resort has its positives/negatives.

There is nothing wrong with that. SSR is the best if you like to spend a lot of time at Disney Springs. Also those points spend just fine at the other resorts at 7 months.
We bought at SSR in Feb of '21. We stayed there once for a short weekend about a year after and enjoyed it, but we've also been able to use our points elsewhere by being on top of things at the 7 month mark. The only 2 resorts we won't have stayed at after next summer should be OKW and BRV. Heck, we were able to just get 17 nights at CCV in a studio in mid-June '23.....

I just got thrown for a loop because my daughter is at WDW for the weekend and she has been texting my wife how beautiful Riviera is.

Word of caution about visiting Riviera, if you aren’t super into the legacy ways of DVC it’s hard to escape a visit without getting some points. We visited WDW for the first time in July to investigate resorts for a potential purchase thinking we were going to buy VGF. Family fell in love with RVA. Plus we also decided that our heart was at Wilderness Lodge for MK area resorts.

Thats how it got us! When it first went on sale, I said I’d never buy there because of the restrictions and then I saw it, my daughter fell in love with it, and the rest is history!,,

Thats how it got us! When it first went on sale, I said I’d never buy there because of the restrictions and then I saw it, my daughter fell in love with it, and the rest is history!,,
My problem is I do not want to buy direct because I do not feel like the benefits are worth the extra cost

So I could buy a smaller Riviera contract for a 3 or 4 day Sunday to Thursday stay and 150 CCV points a week stay in alternate years at each.

I could pick up a third small contract at either Saratoga or AK to tie in with the Riviera year

I can see how you end up buying additional contracts

My problem is I do not want to buy direct because I do not feel like the benefits are worth the extra cost

So I could buy a smaller Riviera contract for a 3 or 4 day Sunday to Thursday stay and 150 CCV points a week stay in alternate years at each.

I could pick up a third small contract at either Saratoga or AK to tie in with the Riviera year

I can see how you end up buying additional contracts

Yup. We have a direct RIV and a resale RIV as part of what we own. Because it’s our top resort, and we pretty much will stay every trip…another reason why we split stay between VGF and RIV almost every trip…getting the resale contract was worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter