Information from DCL (take 2!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrapps

DIS Veteran
We had a great thread going about the Information DCL has (or has not) given regarding the cruise restart in the US, and then it got a bit carried away with breaking Covid discussion rules.

For reference, here was the original thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/information-from-dcl-or-lack-of.3843428/

Let's do a take 2 here! The original conversation began by Sleepyluke posed if people prefer the less frequent news vs more updates that might change over time. Seeing we are now 18 days before the potential Aug 9th restart and no info whatsoever from Disney, I think we can all agree they have chosen the "less frequent" path. But lets continue the conversation....and let's face it, I have more "waiting for Disney info" memes to publish.

And PLEASE let's keep this one free of Covid conversations, vaccine talk, infection rates, income correlations, etc....just a thread to talk about Disney's potential US restart on Aug 9th and beyond, the protocols they announce, and conversations about their lack of communication. Discussion about vaccines is only allowed if we are directly talking about cruise implementation of protocols.

To quote the rules: COVID related discussion should be limited to actual policy and practical application, and NOT veer into opinion or debate.

See ya real soon!

You know what will stop this thread from devolving into unallowed discussions…? Some frikkin’ news from DCL!

Okay, sorry, back to reality.

I get the frustration by the August cruisers. I understand that DCL has to navigate safety, politics, and legal ramifications. But even if they allow people to cancel with some benefit (FCC, refunds, etc) once protocols are announced, it won’t help them adjust the other bookings, such as flights and hotels. Really does feel short-sighted.

I’m booked on the Oct 1 on the Wonder, and I have some more time. But still, DCL has to know if there’s a plan to take the ship through the canal. Why not send out some notifications reassuring us? Or a general email to everyone indicating what measures they took on the test cruise. It may not be what they do on the revenue cruises, but at least it will let us know what they’re thinking.

The lack of concrete info is hugely disappointing. If you look at UK staycation cruises, we are 7 days in to the non-test cruises and information is STILL evolving - My DW and I sail TOMORROW and we didn't start getting solid info on some aspects of the cruise until the 10th of July (And not from official Disney sources!), so I do feel for you August 9th US cruisers out there, but you may find you, like me, are literally boarding your cruise with gaps in your knowledge of what the cruise will actually be like. 😱

Good Luck!

Disney-Dream-Cruise-Sleep-Mask.jpg

:rotfl2:

Maybe the new Castaway Club gift will be themed blindfolds for each passenger.

We had a great thread going about the Information DCL has (or has not) given regarding the cruise restart in the US, and then it got a bit carried away with breaking Covid discussion rules.

For reference, here was the original thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/information-from-dcl-or-lack-of.3843428/

Let's do a take 2 here! The original conversation began by Sleepyluke posed if people prefer the less frequent news vs more updates that might change over time. Seeing we are now 18 days before the potential Aug 9th restart and no info whatsoever from Disney, I think we can all agree they have chosen the "less frequent" path. But lets continue the conversation....and let's face it, I have more "waiting for Disney info" memes to publish.

And PLEASE let's keep this one free of Covid conversations, vaccine talk, infection rates, income correlations, etc....just a thread to talk about Disney's potential US restart on Aug 9th and beyond, the protocols they announce, and conversations about their lack of communication. Discussion about vaccines is only allowed if we are directly talking about cruise implementation of protocols.

To quote the rules: COVID related discussion should be limited to actual policy and practical application, and NOT veer into opinion or debate.

See ya real soon!
Love the memes!! They make me smile (and relax) every time I see one. Thanks! We are all in the same “boat” LOL! DH and I have a DREAM August 2021 cruise booked as well, and are checking our emails for any info from DCL daily+ too. Hoping for this Friday info as the paperwork from the CDC Test Cruise may be completed by then?? So “thanks “ to all of our fellow cruisers out there for encouraging us, sharing some really helpful information and letting us know that we are not alone. We all want to sail on “the big blue sea” again and feel that saltwater breeze on our faces. And oh, let’s not forget about seeing Castaway Cay again, one of the most beautiful places in the Bahamas! I am hoping for the best for all of us and that we will all meet on our booked Disney cruises soon! Until then; let’s keep the faith and keep sharing those smiles with our fellow Disney criuisers❤️!

I completely understand DCL not wanting to release info and then be forced to change policy (as they no doubt will as things progress), but the complete silence is so frustrating. My family has been looking into other trip options to replace our christmas 2021 cruise, but we’re not quite ready to cancel yet. I’d really like to wait until we know what restrictions will be in place, but by the time they are announced, it’s unlikely that we will be able to get a full refund. (Don’t want to reschedule as we have kids graduating HS, aging out of the clubs, moving away to college, etc. This is most likely our last shot at a Disney cruise.) We have a couple of firm deal-breakers (mask wearing at all times, reservations/time limits for kids clubs and pool, etc.), so if there are policies that DCL will 100% implement, it would be so helpful to know what those are sooner rather than later.

I completely understand DCL not wanting to release info and then be forced to change policy (as they no doubt will as things progress), but the complete silence is so frustrating. My family has been looking into other trip options to replace our christmas 2021 cruise, but we’re not quite ready to cancel yet. I’d really like to wait until we know what restrictions will be in place, but by the time they are announced, it’s unlikely that we will be able to get a full refund. (Don’t want to reschedule as we have kids graduating HS, aging out of the clubs, moving away to college, etc. This is most likely our last shot at a Disney cruise.) We have a couple of firm deal-breakers (mask wearing at all times, reservations/time limits for kids clubs and pool, etc.), so if there are policies that DCL will 100% implement, it would be so helpful to know what those are sooner rather than later.
We are booked 9/25 then 12/19&12/26 on the Fantasy. I expect that the requirements for my September cruise will likely be different than for the holiday cruise. So keep that in mind when thinking about your plans/cancelling.

We are booked 9/25 then 12/19&12/26 on the Fantasy. I expect that the requirements for my September cruise will likely be different than for the holiday cruise. So keep that in mind when thinking about your plans/cancelling.
I'm also on a later cruise (Fantasy 1/22/22) and am addicted to these threads to figure out what Disney is going to do with these early cruises and to see how any restrictions evolve (or devolve) over time. So I guess those on the first cruise are at that 15-day point of no return window now, eh?

Please DCL - some information? Pretty please?

I have felt the same. Our Sept 4th sailing was suppose to be a final Disney cruise horrah for the whole family. Here we are just 43 days out and we have no information. I do not want to sail with heavy restrictions.
Added complication that we are in Canada and the border is now closed at least until August 21 which means we don’t know of it will open in time for us to drive, add crazy flight prices, additional test requirements etc etc.
What is suppose to be a fun exciting time is now a stressful one.

I have felt the same. Our Sept 4th sailing was suppose to be a final Disney cruise horrah for the whole family. Here we are just 43 days out and we have no information. I do not want to sail with heavy restrictions.
Added complication that we are in Canada and the border is now closed at least until August 21 which means we don’t know of it will open in time for us to drive, add crazy flight prices, additional test requirements etc etc.
What is suppose to be a fun exciting time is now a stressful one.

i was originally on that cruise, but pushed it out to February 26, 2022. I changed because of the same concerns. Good luck.

At this point in time, the August 9th cruise is going to sail, unless something catastrophic happens. DCL will release the restrictions around July 25th, which is 15 days before the sailing. People can cancel 14 days before and still get a full refund. I know some people are frustrated by the lack of information, but honestly, there are so many moving parts that I think a lot more would be frustrated by constant changes in protocols. Look at all of the things that have happened in the past few weeks on this in courts, at national level and with general political grandstanding.

At this point in time, the August 9th cruise is going to sail, unless something catastrophic happens. DCL will release the restrictions around July 25th, which is 15 days before the sailing. People can cancel 14 days before and still get a full refund. I know some people are frustrated by the lack of information, but honestly, there are so many moving parts that I think a lot more would be frustrated by constant changes in protocols. Look at all of the things that have happened in the past few weeks on this in courts, at national level and with general political grandstanding.

I have to agree-I think the 9th is going to go. Under what policies? Remains to be seen. Everyday in the media etc., there are conflicting stories and statistics. It is pretty maddening for everyday life, never mind trying to plan a cruise. I guess this is the "new" normal, for now anyway. Hopeful for the cruisers on the 9th. I think that info is coming, inching closer everday. And hopeful for our NYE cruise. I could really use the time away with all of this on my favorite vacation. Maybe today will be the day? I think if they were going to cancel, they would have done so by now.

Do we truly have until 14 days before sailing to get a full refund? I thought I had read that somewhere, but my TA is telling me otherwise. (She’s saying that you have to have Covid to get a full refund if it’s less than 60 days prior to sailing.)

And yes, I understand that anything DCL says now can (and most likely WILL) change by our December sailing. I’m just so weary of the pandemic uncertainty in every aspect of my life, as I know everyone else is as well.

Do we truly have until 14 days before sailing to get a full refund? I thought I had read that somewhere, but my TA is telling me otherwise. (She’s saying that you have to have Covid to get a full refund if it’s less than 60 days prior to sailing.)

It's complicated. This was how my TA explained it to me in June when I was talking about moving my HOTHS (which ultimately we did): You don't get a refund - you can move your sailing with no penalty but you won't get any money back. I took him at his word and went ahead and moved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter