Info on who fits/who does not - for FJ - post here if you've been

Hi all!
The fiancé and I are coming to Florida next week and he's just surprised me by buying universal tickets seeing as I've been a HP fan since I was 12 years old. It's the sweetest gift, really, but of course anxiety has set in. Obviously my fiancé knows what I look like, but he himself is quite a normal size - 5'10" and about 180 pounds, and he never has to worry about fitting into things.
Myself, I'm about 5'1" and about 200-210 pounds, carrying most of the weight in the chest, stomach and hips/thighs; less so in the butt and legs, hourglass shaped. I usually wear about size 16, though it varies by store. Anyone with similar "stats" have any idea if I'll fit? As I said, I know my fiance knows what I look like, but still, I'd obviously be mortified being sent away for being too fat in front of him.

My 4'10" daughter who weighs about 180 and is mostly chest and belly fit no problem.

TRUE STORY:
So, I totally didn't fit the FJ Test seat without my husband pushing it down to get a green light. I was so dissapointed but not surprised. Defeated, I went thru the que with my 8 year old & slim husband, thinking I would just wait in the family room. To my surprise, my husband gently guided/pushed! me toward the outside seat instead of him riding it with my son. Before I knew what was happening (because he knew how bummed I was about not getting to ride, and not wanting to embarrass myself trying). So, I sat there, unable to click the overhead bar over my chest... seconds ticked by... I was ready to disembark in shame when the ride attendant asked me to pull it down. I tried, but no click . My poor son was almost crying thinking I wouldn't fit ☹️ The ride attendant politely asked if I wanted some help. I said yes, PLEASE! He used one hand to make the click and OFF we went on a wonderful ride! It was a tight squeeze but I made it! I was so relieved and thankful.

I had rode gringotts and all other Universal rides (except RIP Ride Rocket) no problem, test seat and all. I don't recommend riding if u don't fit but luck was on my side that day!

Last edited:
I'm hoping someone who is my measurements can tell me if you successfully rode the harry potter rides at universal. I am going to universal Hollywood with a friend's family in may and am terrified of not fitting.

I'm 5'5 209. 47 inch chest, 42 inch wsist, 46 inch hips. I'm between a14-18 (depending on the brand).

Thanks

I'm hoping someone who is my measurements can tell me if you successfully rode the harry potter rides at universal. I am going to universal Hollywood with a friend's family in may and am terrified of not fitting.

I'm 5'5 209. 47 inch chest, 42 inch wsist, 46 inch hips. I'm between a14-18 (depending on the brand).

Thanks

I have similar measurements (larger hips) and am slightly taller and heavier and I could ride everything. Some seats were snug but I never felt uncomfortable and was no where near "too big"

I'm heading over to IOA with my boyfriend and am a bit on the 'heavier' side.
Weight 230 approx
Chest 47
Waist 42
Hips 49
Height 5'6
A bit nervous about riding!
Anyone with similar measurement ridden? I also have quite a large bust (E cup) bit carry my weight pretty evenly.

I'm heading over to IOA with my boyfriend and am a bit on the 'heavier' side.
Weight 230 approx
Chest 47
Waist 42
Hips 49
Height 5'6
A bit nervous about riding!
Anyone with similar measurement ridden? I also have quite a large bust (E cup) bit carry my weight pretty evenly.
I was just there yesterday. I'm 5'5 205.9, chest 46, waist 41.25, hips 47. I'm pretty small chested (B). I fit everything, you should be ok, but maybe strap down the girls for forbidden Journey.

I'm thankful for all who have jumped in to share about yourselves so others can get an idea in advance, that they can fit in the ride too

Such a nice friendly group we have that are so encouraging to others

I'm 250, hips, bust, and stomach all 50". So what do you think? Would I fit on the Forbidden Journey and the Gringotts ride?

stomach about 50? Size 20 pants and I was wearing tight-ish jeans.
Oh boy do I feel a little better! I'm just under 50 on my chest, so hearing that both of you were fine is wonderful and really does ease my worries. Also I know this is a little old but I wanted to say thank you anyway! :worship:

I’m 5’10, nearly 300lb, very broad shoulder, 42” waist, slightly large belly and large legs ( big bone and muscles ).
The seat harness fit me ok, has enough room between belly and harness, it is my shoulders that cause the problem, the kind CM told me to relax and keep the arms down and with a little push, she was able to get a 3 clicked and I rode with no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter