Info on who fits/who does not - for FJ - post here if you've been

You can suck in your stomach. It looks like people who weight under 250 are OK. People who weigh 250-300 may have an issue depending on how their weight is distributed.

I'm guessing you have yet to go on these seats, or had no problems at all fitting in them. My stomach barely touches the harness. The harness can get around my chest, but then it hits my legs.

I'm guessing you have yet to go on these seats, or had no problems at all fitting in them. My stomach barely touches the harness. The harness can get around my chest, but then it hits my legs.

sorry...I've lost track...were you able to ride? I am worried about my son. That would be a major bummer.

I have no problems fitting. I've read the chest issue is what gives most people an issue. Sounds like that's not the case for everyone.

Would you agree people weighing under 250 shouldn't have a problem and people weighing over 300 won't generally fit?

I don't know that you can even put a generalized weight on it. This one is all about proportion. I am a big chested woman, but the harness didn't even touch my chest. For me it was my thighs that stopped the harness. I'm under 250, but without the TM's help I would not have been able to ride. It is just an odd fitting harness and seat.

I have no problems fitting. I've read the chest issue is what gives most people an issue. Sounds like that's not the case for everyone.

Would you agree people weighing under 250 shouldn't have a problem and people weighing over 300 won't generally fit?

I don't know that you can even put a generalized weight on it. This one is all about proportion. I am a big chested woman, but the harness didn't even touch my chest. For me it was my thighs that stopped the harness. I'm under 250, but without the TM's help I would not have been able to ride. It is just an odd fitting harness and seat.

I remember reading on one of these threads where one woman said she was a size 14, so well below even 200lbs. What stopped her from riding was just her butt. She was very pear shaped with a larger rear end and big thighs. She was really suprised her rear end didn't fit in the seat part.

I guess I will find out on Saturday. If DS is turned away, I won't ride either. I will report what happens.

I am sure weight is not the true test as my husband is considered "overweight" because he is a lifter and his muscle always puts him in the obese category. He is 5'9" and weighs about 190-195 but he is a 32" waist and has almost no body fat. My son also lifts so his weight is probably not a true test either. He wears 2xl shirts as well.

I will try to report our adventures.

I guess I will find out on Saturday. If DS is turned away, I won't ride either. I will report what happens.

I am sure weight is not the true test as my husband is considered "overweight" because he is a lifter and his muscle always puts him in the obese category. He is 5'9" and weighs about 190-195 but he is a 32" waist and has almost no body fat. My son also lifts so his weight is probably not a true test either. He wears 2xl shirts as well.

I will try to report our adventures.

I'm sure they have nothing to worry about.

We're leaving this evening from NJ for a long drive down. I'll find out early friday if I fit or not. I'm going in with a positive attitude and muscling that harness down until I get those godforsaken 3 clicks.

sorry...I've lost track...were you able to ride? I am worried about my son. That would be a major bummer.

I haven't been able to ride yet, but that was only based on trying the test seats outside every week for 3 weeks. Next time I'll have a chance to go will be the end of July, so hopefully I'll be able to try to inside seats then.

On thursday the TM were putting alittle pressure to help you get the third click. I was so worried about not fitting, but I never even got pulled into the test seat! Woo Hoo!!

I am sure weight is not the true test as my husband is considered "overweight" because he is a lifter and his muscle always puts him in the obese category. He is 5'9" and weighs about 190-195 but he is a 32" waist and has almost no body fat.

This really blows my mind that those dimensions make him obese? :confused3

Hate to think what healthy would be? :eek:

To all going...good luck and may the Mummy-dust be with you!

This really blows my mind that those dimensions make him obese? :confused3

Hate to think what healthy would be? :eek:

To all going...good luck and may the Mummy-dust be with you!

When they do the BMI or whatever it is...it puts him into the overweight category...probably not obese category. He jokes about that though. He's in great shape and is thin. It drives him nuts though. He's not all that tall either. It's our standing joke...when he goes to the doc he always says he's going to find out how fat he is. I'm sure if he had a true body fat test it would be very different, but those quick measure only look at weight compared to his height.

It goes along with another post...it's not all about weight...it's more about body type, etc.

When they do the BMI or whatever it is...it puts him into the overweight category...probably not obese category. He jokes about that though. He's in great shape and is thin. It drives him nuts though. He's not all that tall either. It's our standing joke...when he goes to the doc he always says he's going to find out how fat he is. I'm sure if he had a true body fat test it would be very different, but those quick measure only look at weight compared to his height.

It goes along with another post...it's not all about weight...it's more about body type, etc.

i believe it....muscle weighs more than fat...but still....WOW :sad2:

Ds was able to ride...rode in an inside seat...DD saw where that might help:confused3

he is 5'11", broad shoulders...wears XXLs...48-50 inch chest. Weighs 265
it was a tight fit...TM pushed down but asked first...he said it was TIGHT. He said for him...it was his shoulders more than anything...and torso as well. He has dropped some weight this summer...15 pounds...he doesn't think he would have fit otherwise.

I was very happy...I wasn't going to ride if he didn't get to.:lovestruc

Ds was able to ride...rode in an inside seat...DD saw where that might help:confused3

it was a tight fit...TM pushed down but asked first...he said it was TIGHT. He said for him...it was his shoulders more than anything...and torso as well. He has dropped some weight this summer...15 pounds...he doesn't think he would have fit otherwise.

Yay!!!!

:cool1: Thats great !! I know you were worried. Did you all like the ride after all that??

Did I miss something? There's been a couple of mentions of an "inside seat". Are they bigger?

Did I miss something? There's been a couple of mentions of an "inside seat". Are they bigger?

That's the first mention of it that I've heard. I don't think anything's been changed.

Ds was able to ride...rode in an inside seat...DD saw where that might help

Next time I'll have a chance to go will be the end of July, so hopefully I'll be able to try to inside seats then.

I think Orlandounited is referring to inside seats as opposed to the outside seats that are reportedly not as forgiving. Not sure about the first mention though.

I think Orlandounited is referring to inside seats as opposed to the outside seats that are reportedly not as forgiving. Not sure about the first mention though.

I think that is what OrlandoUnited is referring to. The "outside" test seats are sometimes not giving the green light but the person is able to get on the actual seat of the ride. There is also another test seat inside the ride (right before the load area.) I think it's easier to get 3 clicks on the actual ride since you are sitting up straighter on the ride itself and the ride attendant can help you.

The seats on the ride itself are all the same size. My husband liked to be on the outside of the ride since it gives him a little more room for his "weight-lifter" arms. I just humor him. Although he doesn't have SpongeBob arms, they are no longer as muscular as he would like to believe. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!