Info on who fits/who does not - for FJ - post here if you've been

Does anyone know if they plan on fixing this so larger people can ride?? My husband will be upset if we can and he can't he has ver y broad shoulders and a barrell chest.

I hate to admit this 'cause 25 yrs ago I was a knockout but....

I'm about 5'6"and 245, usually wear a 22 dress, a 22/24 or 2x/3x top, and 20/22 bottoms. I'm a 42G on top and basically proportional. I've developed more of a tummy in the last year (& gained weight due to an injury).

What are the odds on my fitting? They can squish as hard as they want!

Not true, at least in my case. I am under 48" in all three measurements (at the time I tried to ride 42-46 for each one) and was not able to ride.

I am trying again this Sat. Night. Even though I'm down 15-20 pounds (right now its 16, but I weighed myself for the first time a week after watching what I eat, aka when I was forced to walk the Fatty Walk of Shame) and a couple inches, I'm not expecting to fit (hey, the sting is not as bad when you go in expecting the worst). I'm down to 258, so we'll see what happens........

I'm going to skip the outside seats altogether this time.

Just an update. I saw Slacking last night and he was able to ride twice and had no problems getting the 3 clicks and even said he could probably even get 4 clicks. He tried the test seats outside and still couldn't get the green light on them but decided to try getting on the ride anyway like I had suggested. He didn't have any problems fitting on the ride itself. He said he didn't see anyone turned away and didn't see anyone who wasn't able to fit on the ride, even people bigger than him.

Adamas if you fit hulk it should be fine I would think

Not necessarily. There have been reports of people fitting on Hulk and Dueling Dragons but not fitting on FJ. However, more and more people seem to be fitting on FJ now.

However, more and more people seem to be fitting on FJ now.

Damo - it does seem like more people are reporting positive results, but I don't know if it's because the "shock" of not fitting is over? Do you think it's just that subtle changes have been made (i.e. pushing down on harness, pointing people towards outside seats), or is there something else here?

We'll be there in 10 days and I'm definitely borderline!

Damo - it does seem like more people are reporting positive results, but I don't know if it's because the "shock" of not fitting is over? Do you think it's just that subtle changes have been made (i.e. pushing down on harness, pointing people towards outside seats), or is there something else here?

We'll be there in 10 days and I'm definitely borderline!

You know, we only had a few people saying they couldn't actually fit. We had tons of people complaining about it and fretting about it but only a few that actually reported it. So maybe it hasn't changed and more people are just reporting back their actual results and the facts are that most people do fit.

As phamton reported, I was able to ride om Sat. night, yay!

Back in June (the 7th to be exact), I tried the outdoor test seat and was pulled aside to try the indoor test seat. I did not pass either, and was not allowed to ride.

Since then, I have lost 15 pounds and learned some awesome tips here (thanks all!) I was able to wear one layer of light clothing, the thin athletic shorts instead of the thick and baggy cargo shorts were a life saver.

On my second go around (I ran into phamton between my two rides), I did see two gentlemen be pulled aside at separate times and be told they couldn't ride.

I waited in the singles line each time, and I feel that the "Fatty Spotter" TMs look less at the singles line. I was able to suck in my gut, and tighten my butt/thighs, and was not pulled aside. When reaching the seat, I was able to pull down the restraint on my own without needing any assistance from the TMs. Yay!

BTW, loved the ride!

This morning I failed both the outdoor test seat and the inside one, at which point I was apologetically directed to the fatso exit. I figured it was coming and was really just glad to get an opportunity to see the castle interior. (Also, they gave me a supposedly one-time Express Pass as compensation, which I was able to use on both Spider-Man and Dudley Do-Right for some reason...heh.) This is the first time I have ever been unable to fit into a ride at any of the theme parks I have visited, including WDW, Disneyland, Cedar Point, Busch Gardens, Kings Island, and the non-Potter portions of Universal Orlando -- including Revenge of the Mummy, which has a pretty demanding safety harness.

In my case, 5-8 and ~270 lbs was a definite no-go: I heard no clicks at all, though to be sure it was quite noisy inside. I shoved myself all the way back, sucked it in, etc., but nothing doing. It occurs to me that I did "volunteer" myself to the inside test seat, at the direction of the outside test person, so maybe I could have stealthily passed by the inside seat and tried my luck at the actual ride. Having failed both test seats, I decided not to contest the fatso exit and dejectedly shuffled out. :guilty:

When we went last weekend, I didn't seem to get the green light when I sat in the test seats outside. I decided to still try it the next morning when we went and was shocked when they didn't pull me aside inside to test the seats. My brother and I had a game plan: I quickly sat in an end seat and he reached over to give my restraint an extra push down. I wasn't sure if the TMs would help get the 3 clicks so I had my brother help just incase, but it turns out I honestly didn't even need his help getting the 3 clicks. It was down and I still had plenty of room. :) I definitely recommend trying the actual inside seats if you are even close to getting the 3 clicks outside.

Hi, I rode Fj twice today and have been following this forum before my trip worrying I wouldn't fit. I am a UK 20/22,(US 18) weigh 243 pounds and my measurements are bust 46/47, waist approx 42/44 and hips 50. I am 5'4

The first time I rode I was on the far right side and had more room than my second ride when I sat on an inside seat. The first time we went through single rider and I was easily two clicks on my own, the TM pushed gently and I got a third click. I had room to move and was not uncomfortable at all.

The second time my arms were a bit squashed as I think an inside seat is not as wide but I still had plenty of room.

My husband who weighs 230 pounds, is 5'10 and 46 chest, waist 38, found the restraint pushed against his tummy uncomfortably but was fine the second time, maybe the TM pushed too hard. The ride was really great, loved it!!!

I failed the outside seat test-even with a TM pushing! However, I tried inside, and got three clicks! Woohoo! FWIW, I'm a size 20 at Old Navy/Torrid/Faith 21, and am bigger in the tummy than waist.

I hate to admit this 'cause 25 yrs ago I was a knockout but....

I'm about 5'6"and 245, usually wear a 22 dress, a 22/24 or 2x/3x top, and 20/22 bottoms. I'm a 42G on top and basically proportional. I've developed more of a tummy in the last year (& gained weight due to an injury).

What are the odds on my fitting? They can squish as hard as they want!

Give it whirl ( haha Olivander quote) I personally think it's more about the thighs than anything else. The harness sits on the thighs. I was able to fit with one push from a slim young male. PM if you want my measurements to compare.

Having reviewed this entire thread, I have a couple of questions that I don't believe have been touched on directly:

(1) Has anyone made it to the actual ride seat and only at *that* point been told they could not ride? I understand some "borderline"-looking riders have made it past the testers who were supposed to pull them aside to the test seats.

(2) In the case of riders staring at all but certain rejection, is it actually best to target the single-rider queue at the busiest time of the day? It appears that the seat testers do not keep as sharp an eye trained on the single-rider queue as they do on the regular queue.

I'm still feeling a bit foolish about volunteering myself to the inside seat tester. The outside tester asked me to do this, but now I wonder whether they would have flagged me anyway had I tried to coast by. It just didn't occur to me at the time that there really was no possible upside to being tested again. :laughing:

Hi, I rode Fj twice today and have been following this forum before my trip worrying I wouldn't fit. I am a UK 20/22,(US 18) weigh 243 pounds and my measurements are bust 46/47, waist approx 42/44 and hips 50. I am 5'4

Thanks for posting, i'm a similar size and go next week, so i have some hope.

Just dread that walk of shame if i don't fit!!!

xx

I think disneyannie and I are the same person! I am going next week too and potterfan and I are of similar stature. Thanks everybody for posting in this thread - I've read every single post and I have a lot of hope that I'll be able to get on!

I worried myself a bit but honestly don't! Unless you are much bigger than me you will definitely fit on as it really wasn't an issue at all. There were lots of plus size figures in the queue and I didn't see anyone not fit. The TMs were there to help and give a push if needed...enjoy looking forward to the ride, it's fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter