Infinity Pool Cabanas (speculation)

Imurhuckleberry

Earning My Ears
Curtained off area at the infinity pool (next to the restrooms), and some minor construction noise this week. Took a peak inside and there seems to be 3 pads with plumbing and electrical connections

With the 2 new Cabanas at the splash pad, that would be a not insignificant revenue boost

Curtained off area at the infinity pool (next to the restrooms), and some minor construction noise this week. Took a peak inside and there seems to be 3 pads with plumbing and electrical connections

With the 2 new Cabanas at the splash pad, that would be a not insignificant revenue boost
I would be much more intrigued by a cabana if it actually had an ocean view….

If these are in fact Cabanas, they will have an ocean view
I called Aulani to see if they were adding new cabanas by the infinity pool and they said that if they were then we knew the news before they did… so nothing that is bookable at the moment…..

I called Aulani to see if they were adding new cabanas by the infinity pool and they said that if they were then we knew the news before they did… so nothing that is bookable at the moment…..
It was nothing more than a curtained off area with some ground level construction this week. Pure speculation on my part. Could be something else entirely as I saw them after 5 days of lava flows and baking myself in the sun 🥴

It was nothing more than a curtained off area with some ground level construction this week. Pure speculation on my part. Could be something else entirely as I saw them after 5 days of lava flows and baking myself in the sun 🥴
I am still rooting for you to be correct but early enough where they can’t tell us anything!

Curtained off area at the infinity pool (next to the restrooms), and some minor construction noise this week. Took a peak inside and there seems to be 3 pads with plumbing and electrical connections​

Perhaps I’m not understanding your description correctly, but this sounds exactly where cabanas 3, 4, and 5 are already located…

This pic is from when we were in #4 I’m pretty sure:

1717255058815.jpeg

And the 2 cabanas by the splash pad have also been there as long as I can remember… Not positive if I’m misunderstanding, but I think putting in more than the 8 cabanas they already have would take up even more valuable seating areas.

Perhaps I’m not understanding your description correctly, but this sounds exactly where cabanas 3, 4, and 5 are already located…

And the 2 cabanas by the splash pad have also been there as long as I can remember… Not positive if I’m misunderstanding, but I think putting in more than the 8 cabanas they already have would take up even more valuable seating areas.
Are you sure about that?

I actually have no idea, and I'm not the OP, but we were there 3 weeks ago, when the Grotto cabanas were closed for construction, and the CM who talked to me about switching specifically said "We can put you in one of our brand new cabanas at the splash pad".

Are you sure about that?

Cabanas #1 and #2 have always been located by the splash pad. Perhaps they are refurbishing/redoing them?? The site @CastAStone posted above mentions two perhaps temporary cabanas facing Keiki Cove. Were they assigned a number?

The site refers to the #1&2 cabanas as the Menehune Bridge ones which we always called the splash pad… my kids are 19 and almost 16, so we’ve never paid too much attention to the very little kid areas. Is a baby pool considered a splash pad?

For what it’s worth Aloha Aulani says that the Menehune Bridge and Ka Maka Grotto cabanas were “closed for safety reasons” at the beginning of May and that it’s not clear they plan to reopen them.

Noooooo, sad!! Hopefully they reopen them - that’s our favorite cabana location 😰 Cabanas 6, 7, and 8 are ok, but it can get really stinky back there. 🙊

We actually were booked starting this Tuesday to celebrate my youngest’s 16th birthday but canceled due to her crazy summer schedule. She’ll feel way better about skipping Aulani this summer since the cabanas are one of her favorite things. Thanks for sharing that Aloha Aulani site so we can keep an eye on the cabana situation. 😎

We all might be remembering things on different time lines as I can say with 100% certainty that the splash pad cabanas were not there in Dec 22 or May 23. I know bc I remember us getting chairs in that spot both times, and thinking how lucky we were to find 2 open chairs with as late as we got there

As for the infinity pool area, that's the exact spot where the construction was. Had no idea there were already cabanas there as this was the first time we even ventured over to the infinity pool (5 yr old had no interest until this year). Wonder what they're doing there that would cause them to take such prime real estate off the cabana market?

Eta: splash pad cabanas are new

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240602_230546_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240602_230546_Chrome.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 7
The site refers to the #1&2 cabanas as the Menehune Bridge ones which we always called the splash pad… my kids are 19 and almost 16, so we’ve never paid too much attention to the very little kid areas. Is a baby pool considered a splash pad?
We used the Keiki cove cabanas, which I had assumed was the splash pad, and they were definitely numbered #1 and #2 - because we had #1 one day and #2 a different day. Those are the ones that the CM referred to as "brand new".

IDK....

Welllp, back to report some info I stole off FB…

3, 4, and 5 were indeed revamped… Now there are 4 cabanas squished into that area with each now holding up to 12 guests. Price reported: $750 😱💰💰💰💸💸💸 That’s a fat RIP to our fave cabana area 😒

IMG_2185.jpeg
Pic also stolen from FB: Aulani DVC Members Owners group

Welllp, back to report some info I stole off FB…

3, 4, and 5 were indeed revamped… Now there are 4 cabanas squished into that area with each now holding up to 12 guests. Price reported: $750 😱💰💰💰💸💸💸 That’s a fat RIP to our fave cabana area 😒

Pic also stolen from FB: Aulani DVC Members Owners group
Seriously? $750? They were $500 or $550, I think, as of the end of April. That's a 50% price increase!?

Seriously? $750? They were $500 or $550, I think, as of the end of April. That's a 50% price increase!?

Yeah, definitely not interested with how grossly overcrowded that area will now be as well as at that price point! It wasn’t that long ago that we were paying around $400 with our DVC discount. 🤯

That stinks! We splurged and rented one for my 40th bday and it was awesome! We were there in 2022 and it was right before a price in crease so a little over $400 or something like that. No way I'm paying more for what must be a smaller cabana if there are now 4.

So is there anyone that has been there recently that can confirm how many cabanas there are total currently open? It sounds like that 5 have been closed from the prior 8 and there are only 4 in one area and 2 in another right now? So if cabanas are sold out every day 90 days in advance, does that mean there were 8 booked 90 days ago and just 6 open each day right now? Are there people getting there cabana bookings cancelled by Aulani? That seems like something we would be hearing complaints about on this board and elsewhere.

Are those larger than the standard cabanas?
When we initially booked, we actually had one of those cabanas reserved, and they were all the same price. In early May, those were walled-off and being worked-on, so we had to be moved to one of the Keiki Cove cabanas.

From what we could see from the birds-eye view from our room, the actual tent part of the cabana was unchanged. So, I don't think they are bigger. Maybe they added some new, fancy stuff inside to justify the big cost increase? I'm not sure what that would be, since they already had a TV, ceiling fan, fridge, a few complimentary food platters, etc.

When we initially booked, we actually had one of those cabanas reserved, and they were all the same price. In early May, those were walled-off and being worked-on, so we had to be moved to one of the Keiki Cove cabanas.

From what we could see from the birds-eye view from our room, the actual tent part of the cabana was unchanged. So, I don't think they are bigger. Maybe they added some new, fancy stuff inside to justify the big cost increase? I'm not sure what that would be, since they already had a TV, ceiling fan, fridge, a few complimentary food platters, etc.
Ok, so probably more because they have the best view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter