Indianapolis Festival 500 Half - May 8th, 2010

Whooo hoooo, a WISH gathering!! :woohoo:

Frank, I think you should add 1 more to my group for dinner. So that would be Maherae +2. My cousin, Barb, will be joining us for her first ever half.

SoccerDogWithEars, you are going to have a BLAST!

We'll be supporting all of the group from the back!

WE LEAVE FOR INDY TODAY!!!!!

This will be one of the only times you will see me up this early willingly. The only other time I will be out of bed before the clock hits double digits is, well, for Disney.

Plans for today: move my car so I don't have far to walk, load all my crap that I still have left, sell back my textbooks (and hopefully make more than 7 bucks like last semester), get my room checked, take my astronomy exam, and turn in my keys. Slightly sad to be leaving:guilty: I'm officially done with Freshman year. Wow.

Anyway, then I'll drive the hour and a half to Raleigh, unload some of said crap, be attacked by two crazy dogs who will have missed me like crazy, reload crap into...the Suzuki, I'm guessing:headache:, then HIT THE ROAD!!!!

Boy I'm already hyper and I haven't even had my Wheaties this morning. LET ME GET A HOOHAH FOR INDY MINI-MARATHON!!!!

WE LEAVE FOR INDY TODAY!!!!!

This will be one of the only times you will see me up this early willingly. The only other time I will be out of bed before the clock hits double digits is, well, for Disney.

Plans for today: move my car so I don't have far to walk, load all my crap that I still have left, sell back my textbooks (and hopefully make more than 7 bucks like last semester), get my room checked, take my astronomy exam, and turn in my keys. Slightly sad to be leaving:guilty: I'm officially done with Freshman year. Wow.

Anyway, then I'll drive the hour and a half to Raleigh, unload some of said crap, be attacked by two crazy dogs who will have missed me like crazy, reload crap into...the Suzuki, I'm guessing:headache:, then HIT THE ROAD!!!!

Boy I'm already hyper and I haven't even had my Wheaties this morning. LET ME GET A HOOHAH FOR INDY MINI-MARATHON!!!!

For anyone who wants a REALLY good laugh... talk about the biggest miscommunication of the century - we've been operating off of two different calendars all year. I've been planning to leave on THURSDAY, thinking her exam was Thursday. She's been planning to leave on Wednesday, since she knew her exam was Wednesday. :rotfl:

We're scrambling now to move our departure up at least a few hours from late tomorrow afternoon to at least first thing tomorrow morning, since I can't possibly see how I can leave tonight, but talk about a crazy day!

Fortunately, I had asked for tomorrow off, but had planned to work most of the day since I didn't think she would be home until mid-afternoon.

Jackie

As the old song, Leaving on a Jet Plane, goes. "My bags are packed," but I'm not sure I'm ready to go. I have no-showed 5 races since completing the Goofy -- some because of the tighter economy, some because of the crazy-busy schedule we've kept touring colleges with our twin HS Seniors, some because I let work encroach on my training. No more excuses!

I've got my boarding pass, camel back, racing clothes, shoes, and pink-striped hat, so I guess -- ready or not -- here I come! Leaving VERY early tomorrow and hope to see Frank early at the OSF, and everyone else shortly thereafter!

Safe travels everyone!!!! See you all tomorrow. Will keep an eye out for everyone at the expo in the afternoon and will definitely see everyone tomorrow night at OSF! :cool1:

The weather forecast is looking scary.

"Breezy. Much cooler. Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain showers until midday. Highs in the mid 50s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 40 mph."

40 mph wind gusts!!!!!!

The weather definitely wasn't great. It was amazing how much it changed from Friday to Saturday. You could get sunburn one day and wind burn the next.

I did a report on the 8th/9th Kudos thread.

Like Frank, I posted my race report on the 8th/9th Kudos thread here. It was a fabulous race -- I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys big races. (The course was pretty crowded the entire way -- and I'm a way-back-of-the-packer. Quite a contrast from the many races I do where I can't even see the person in front of me.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter