Incorrect cabin assignments: party of 7 in 2 rooms

Ngambill

Earning My Ears
I have 2 rooms booked for a group of 7 of us. However, I did not make it clear to my TA who to put in each room, and everyone ended up booked in the wrong room. I need our group of 3 and group of 4 to have their rooms swapped. My TA said she is unable to reassign the rooms because FCC was used? Should I ask her to just cancel and rebook the rooms with the correct assignments or try to sort it out when we board? I just don't want to start our trip with having to deal with a hassle of switching room assignments.

As far as I know, the only thing that would be an issue is changing the lead name.

My suggestion would be to ask your TA again to call and speak with DCL. This doesn't seem to be a big issue since you're keeping both staterooms.

If that doesn't work, I would ask the TA to move everyone except the lead name. Then when you board, just ask them to either switch the lead name or just get a blank key to give to each. If they can't switch them, the charges on those keys will just be posted on the other account.

Although it would be much simpler to cancel and rebook, it would be my last resort.

Is it possible she re-grouped people by the amount of FCC? I believe that is "per passenger" and therefore someone who was a 3rd or 4th passenger on a cancelled cruise has less FCC than the 1st or 2nd passenger in the same stateroom. So maybe she tried to maximize the FCC by putting those with lower FCC into the 3rd/4th passenger position - or if only some have FCC she tried to balance it across staterooms. Just a thought...otherwise, I'm not sure why it would matter.

But, I would be very careful not to say "cancel" in your conversations. Canceling reservations has been known to mess up all sorts of discounts etc.

Is this a pricing issue, concern that some in your group could potentially cancel and not others, concern about having enough beds in a cabin, or just that people won't actually be sleeping where they're booked?

If it's just about where people will sleep, I wouldn't stress about it.

DH & I always share a cabin but have seldom booked that way. Sometimes we've split up to have an adult as the lead in each cabin, other times because we were both higher CC level than the rest of our group, so us splitting up on the reservation got two cabins higher CC benefits instead of just one. We've never worried about informing DCL that we wouldn't actually be sleeping as booked.

Sounds like you need a new TA LOL.

But seriously, this is your TA's problem, not yours. Tell them to get it done.

I have 2 rooms booked for a group of 7 of us. However, I did not make it clear to my TA who to put in each room, and everyone ended up booked in the wrong room. I need our group of 3 and group of 4 to have their rooms swapped. My TA said she is unable to reassign the rooms because FCC was used? Should I ask her to just cancel and rebook the rooms with the correct assignments or try to sort it out when we board? I just don't want to start our trip with having to deal with a hassle of switching room assignments.

Sounds like you needed to let your TA know how to group the rooms. There would be no way they would know otherwise.

I did onboard booking once for 2 cabins and they put the wrong people in the rooms and the wrong person as the lead on one room. I called and they were able to fix it no problem. Everyone on the booking was on the original cruise, so maybe that was part of it.

In the past we just asked at the supervisor booth in the terminal to move people around. We had three rooms and needed specific people in the connecting rooms. This made sure that various room charges went to the right people. But if all you need are different cruise cards to open doors you can ask at Guest Services. Not sure what they will do in the future, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter