Incident on RCCL ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

caribbeandreaming

Mouseketeer
One of my friends posted this on Facebook so I thought I'd share. So sad :( It's not meant to start a debate - I'm just sharing for informational purposes as I haven't seen anything on the news about it yet.

My cousin is on a Royal Carribean Cruise right now and she has just learned that there has been a murder /suicide on board the ship..Please pray for the families....

caribbeandreaming said:
One of my friends posted this on Facebook so I thought I'd share. So sad :( It's not meant to start a debate - I'm just sharing for informational purposes as I haven't seen anything on the news about it yet.

My cousin is on a Royal Carribean Cruise right now and she has just learned that there has been a murder /suicide on board the ship..Please pray for the families....

When did this happen? I did not see anything on the news or read anything online, just wanting more info and wondering what the circumstances were

I've checked those other boards where news like this typically travels very fast and don't see anything. Hoping this was just a rumor.

Yes unfortunatly there are a number of deaths on ships just like everyday life. They have their own morgue on all the ships along with a jail. Cops were there just to get the story and fill out the paperwork if there was no foul play.

Wow... I knew about the jail on the ships. I had no idea about the morgue, though. Thanks for the info!

CY

Huh. It's currently here in Baltimore. Maybe my local nightly news will have something.

Yes unfortunatly there are a number of deaths on ships just like everyday life. They have their own morgue on all the ships along with a jail. Cops were there just to get the story and fill out the paperwork if there was no foul play.

I would agree that cruise ships and military vessels have a morgue..................most standard cargo vessels do not.

AKK

In any case...... Condolences to the family.

A cruise ship employee once told us that every ship has a morgue and if you see many more fresh flowers around than usual, it's in use (they often store flowers there on long voyages).

Sad, sad story. WJZ said on their 6pm that the death was deemed suspicious, thus the FBI continuing their investigation (though, the online article doesn't say that.)

Nevertheless, hoping the family can find peace, no matter the circumstances.

I picked my girls up from that cruise this morning and the rumor was murder/suicide. They were pretty freaked out about that but by the time we got home the facts started to come out and in a strange way , they sort of felt better about it being an accident....although that seems to be morphing now into a suspicious death. I suppose there's more to come on this.

Just read the following:

March 28, 2013 Update: The AP is reporting that an "autopsy shows that a Virginia woman found dead aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship died of natural causes.
FBI spokesman Rich Wolf has identified the woman as 64-year-old Katherine Kennedy, of Midlothian, Va. He says Kennedy died of heart disease.
Her husband found her dead Sunday in her cabin on the Enchantment of the Seas cruise ship. FBI agents met the ship when it arrived in Baltimore on Monday to begin investigating the unexplained death.
Wolf says Kennedy also had a laceration on her forehead, but authorities determined that she got the cut when she fell down. They said it had nothing to do with her death."

It's been reported that this death was the result of a heart attack. She fell and cut her head, so there was apparently a certain amount of blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter