In your opinion...what does "No Overnight Parking" mean?

Was this it, from the famous Paul T: LINK

Some people are hopelessly unrefined and it fairly screams such when watching
them eat in a fine dinery. Some basic etiquette coupled with table manners can
make for not only an enjoyable experience, but one you can be confident in not
embarassing yourself.

I'll touch on just a few basics here.

Decide who is paying at the table, who the "host" for the meal is. Once that is
decided: The napkin is to be unfolded and place on the lap. The host decides
when the meal is over by placing the napkin back on the table when done. Keep
the napkin on your lap for the entire meal. When needing to use it on your face,
always blot and never wipe. When the host signals the end of the meal, you are
to put your napkin to the right of your plate, not refolded and not wadded up.

Generally, women order first, the host/hostess last but sometimes the server
decides who orders when.

Do not season your food before tasting it. Do not order more than 2 course
before the host/hostess at your table unless they indicate it is okay.

Your silverware is to be used from the outermost pieces, in.

If your beverage glass gets lip prints on it, wipe it off.

The American way of cutting is to hold the knife in right hand, fork in left.
Cut the foot, then switch hands and pick up the food with the fork in right
hand. The european way is to keep your fork in your left hand.

The knife and fork are to be placed at the positions of 10 and 4 oclock when
finished eating, and never put back on the table. Never leave a spoon in a cup.

I will give you some more basic fine WDW eating tips later. Paul T.

Thank you, teller80! :flower3:

ETA: I don't think it is ... but it's hilarious!

This,
The owner likely bought a generic sign to post, but after a business is closed it is private property. Likely he is having ongoing issues with people using the lot and posted the sign and hired a tower to watch the property. The tower MAY have watched the lot all night thinking someone would use the argument overnight meant midnight, so he sat and waited for the witching hour to hook up and tow.

I found it odd that he is a law student and didn't consider the No overnight meant this private lot does not want me here. I would have looked for a paid lot.
This is my thread and getting all these alerts years later really threw me. Hilarious!

I have read only the new posts so I have no idea what I said to make you believe he was a law student...he wasn't and has never been a law student. He's actually now an Electrical Engineer. He took one or more law classes in high school.

This is my thread and getting all these alerts years later really threw me. Hilarious!

I have read only the new posts so I have no idea what I said to make you believe he was a law student...he wasn't and has never been a law student. He's actually now an Electrical Engineer. He took one or more law classes in high school.

An electrical engineer??? NO!! I distinctly remember (after looking back on a few choice replies to refresh my memory of what this thread was even about) that your son was deemed a lazy slug! I'm happy to see he finally learned from the horrific error of his ways and became a productive individual. It sounds like it was touch and go for awhile! :laughing:

So what's the difference between a zombie thread and a thread revival?

In any case, I would think it's legally unenforceable unless specific hours are given. In San Francisco, Golden Gate Park has specific hours where parking isn't allowed. I heard it's to combat people sleeping (and living) in their cars, which in and of itself is illegal.

Kind of reminds me of another topic, which is the difference between backcountry day hiking and backpacking. In a lot of places a permit is needed to go backpacking, and there may be quotas. However, the definition of backpacking is kind of hazy - typically described as when there is "overnight camping" in the backcountry. I was personally thinking a 100% imsoniac (it's rare) might be able to claim that by never sleeping it isn't camping.
Googled, first thing that came up:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Zombie Thread

Our city has a simple sign. No parking between 2 am to 6 am subject to tow.

You said he was speaking to his law teacher about it. I, too, thought he was in law school but at 18 he must have taken a law class in high school.

OOO. A Zombie thread. An unscientific survey showed 7 out of 10 Zombies think No overnight parking means you can park there while you're eating brains, but not all night. Two thought otherwise. The 10th got a little rowdy when I approached to ask him, so I had to cancel the rest of the survey.

LESSON LEARNED. CASE CLOSED. POST 22.

DS went to Providence last night. Curfew at 1:00 AM, got home at 1:05 and said angrily "Hear me out!" ;) (I was OK with 1:05.)

He had parked in front of a sign that said "No overnight parking" (with no other information on it). He went to leave at midnight, and his car was gone. Called the police to report his vehicle stolen, and they told him it had been towed and where to get it. Borrowed money from his friends and paid the $137 to get it back.

The info on the receipt (per him...I didn't read it at 1:05 AM) said that the car was towed at midnight. He said he left at midnight, so he and the tow may have just missed each other. For him to do everything (call police, go to the towing business, get the car back and be home by 1:05) it could not have been much past midnight, if at all.

In your opinion, does "past midnight" constitute "overnight parking"? DS is talking to his law teacher this morning, and we'll see what he says. I'm tempted to say "just let it go"...not sure how to fight it, or what it would cost. $137 is a lot of money for a HS kid, but I'm thinking that this is just one of those "life's a ***** and then you die" lessons; not everything can be "fixed". He's 18 and driven (no pun intended ;)) so I'll leave it up to him, but I'm curious as to others' opinions.
Call Providence PD and ask that the regulations are. Might clear up lot of questions.

Call Providence PD and ask that the regulations are. Might clear up lot of questions.

Sounds like they meant 2-5 AM.

http://www.providenceri.com/overnight-parking

As part of Providence's overnight parking program, the Providence Police Department has discontinued its 'do not tag' policy for vehicles parked on the street from 2-5AM. Residents are advised to purchase an overnight parking permit to ensure that visitors parked on the street in front of their homes are not ticketed overnight.
However, this was after the original post. So now they allow it with a permit.

Where is your logic for this? The cops do not have to babysit and notate the length of time a car has been there. If it is found there during the hours they have ruled t is "overnight" then it is overnight.

Totally off topic, but I love your Castiel avatar!

There probably are signs at the outskirts of town that actually highlight the specific hours that constitute "overnight". I know in my town they list it as 2am to 6am from Nov 1 to Apr 1, mainly due to snow clean up.

Interesting zombie thread. I read through thinking that since it had been bumped there would be some interesting reason. Uh, nope. :rotfl2:

I know the OP said it was a private lot, but did she ever say who owned the lot?

An electrical engineer??? NO!! I distinctly remember (after looking back on a few choice replies to refresh my memory of what this thread was even about) that your son was deemed a lazy slug! I'm happy to see he finally learned from the horrific error of his ways and became a productive individual. It sounds like it was touch and go for awhile! :laughing:
I know, huh? In the midst of his fabulous high school grades, community service (in no way related to a crime/court order LOL), school clubs involvment, and sports including state championships, THIS happened...made us question everything we knew about him, made us wonder about his whole future, pictured him moving into our basement and being a lazy slug. But thankfully, he went on to graduate with honors from a highly reputable university with a degree in engineering, move into a beautiful new apartment complex. and procure an enviable job. Had I known he wasn't going to take a nosedive after this horrific crime of ignorance about what "no overnight parking" specifically meant, I would have worried much less these last few years. ;) ;) ;)
Interesting zombie thread. I read through thinking that since it had been bumped there would be some interesting reason. Uh, nope. :rotfl2:

I know the OP said it was a private lot, but did she ever say who owned the lot?
It was barely that interesting when I originally posted it! LOL The lot was owned by Venda Ravioli, IIRC.

I saw that I had posted on this thread and I couldn't remember, so I went back to page 1 and laughed. At least I was reassured that my memory isn't shot (yet)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter