Impossible to book a weekend at WDW

Are you looking at Columbus Day weekend? That weekend has been sold out for a while. Jersey week in November has been completely sold out for a while, too!
when is jersey week.. though I live in NJ my kids are grown up are no longer in school

Swan and Dolphin have the same bus transportation as all the Disney hotels.

Plus the boat transportation and walking paths to Studios and Epcot.
They don’t have magical express which was my point. I’m would be alone and really prefer ME when I go on solo trips. It’s easy and safe, and better yet it’s free.

We have been trying to book a Friday and Saturday night at a moderate or value resort in October and it’s downright impossible. If we put in dates of 4 nights or more, there are rooms available at just about any resort. As soon as we narrow it down to Friday and Saturday, everything is unavailable, except for the Grand Floridian at $3500 a night. That is just a tad over our budget (lol)...Is there a secret to booking for just a weekend that we don’t know about? We know there are rooms available, they just block them because they want to have longer staying guests. We think it’s crazy that they would rather keep rooms empty in the hope that other people will book for more nights. Does anyone have any tips on how we can get a weekend reservation that won’t cost $7000?
I have been having the same problem. I am going to be in the area this coming week and tried get something for a short trip. I was looking for a value room too. I ended up going through hotels site and got All Stars.

They don’t have magical express which was my point. I’m would be alone and really prefer ME when I go on solo trips. It’s easy and safe, and better yet it’s free.
Like you, this trip will be a solo trip for me. I will be arriving through MCO and so it was important for me to get a resort that has magical express since I am only staying two nights.

Call, call, call. If one phone agent can’t help you, hang up and call again.

Good luck!

Swan and Dolphin have the same bus transportation as all the Disney hotels.

Plus the boat transportation and walking paths to Studios and Epcot.
She would still have to get to the Swolphin from the airport.

Jersey week is the week that begins 11/3. Many families start their trip on the Friday or Saturday before that.
That's this year. General "rule" is Election Day week. Unless things have changed, schools are closed that day (as many are voting locations), then the NJ Teachers Conference is Thursday and Friday. With only two days of school that week...

Call, call, call. If one phone agent can’t help you, hang up and call again.

Good luck!

No. Horrible advice. It is a length of stay requirement that is normal for hotels. Why clog up the lines and make other people have long waits when they reservation agents can’t help.

No. Horrible advice. It is a length of stay requirement that is normal for hotels. Why clog up the lines and make other people have long waits when they reservation agents can’t help.
Because sometimes it works.

Try to book each night separately. You might have to stay at 2 different resorts, but you might find something you can afford for each night. You can take ME & Disney will move your luggage to the second resort. I just checked Oct 18 & 19 this way & found several options each night.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter