Important Memory Maker info

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnolan

DIS Veteran
I don't know if this is well known but when someone buys Memory Maker it can only be applied to that one person's photos, not anyone else in the account even if linked to the buyer. A friend and myself bought it together figuring when I activated it the watermark would leave her photos too. Not so. I found out if she wants her watermarks all removed she either has to purchase photos individually or spend 199 for her own Memory Maker. Just wanted everyone to be aware.

OP: Only on the account that has the MM. Not on the friends account.

So you, as the MM purchaser can edit her pix

Can’t she just log into your account and download the photos? That is what we do for my family.

I’m confused too. Whenever I have purchased Memory Maker, anyone in my party that took a photo, I could see their photos, download them and send to them.

OP, did you try download them yourself?

I don't know if this is well known but when someone buys Memory Maker it can only be applied to that one person's photos, not anyone else in the account even if linked to the buyer. A friend and myself bought it together figuring when I activated it the watermark would leave her photos too. Not so. I found out if she wants her watermarks all removed she either has to purchase photos individually or spend 199 for her own Memory Maker. Just wanted everyone to be aware.

Is she trying to download from her MDE? She can't. You purchased it, so you have to download. Unless something changed, this is the way it's always been.
@Tomh ?

Yes, the person who purchased MM can download all the photos of anyone linked to their account. No linked accounts can download photos.

From the Memory Maker Sticky:

Sharing Memory Maker

Memory Maker can be shared with all of the members in your travel party. In order for this to work, you need to either manage the My Disney Experience profiles for all of the members of your travel party, or connect to them via Friends and Family. If someone in your travel party is not connected to you (you don't see their name in your Friends and Family list in My Disney Experience), scroll to the bottom of your list, and click on "Add a Guest." There you can choose to find them through connected guests (say if your married son is on your list, and you want to add his wife and children, you should be able to find them this way), import from a Walt Disney World Resort hotel reservation (If you are all staying on site at Disney, then you could enter the reservation number(s) and add everyone this way) or you can enter their name and age. This last way, you can either manage their profile yourself (say for your children, or spouse) or invite them via email (if they already have an account on MDE, or will make one of their own). Once you have connected everyone this way, any photos they have taken will appear in your MDE, and be available for you to download as part of your Memory Maker.

Because the Warning Title of this thread is incorrect, closing and redirecting to correct info here:
Everything PhotoPass and Memory Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter