IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

Are you sure about this. We were just on the Dream to celebrate my grandparents 50th anniversary and we had 4 rooms next to each other and my sister, being the scraper that she is made all the rooms signs with Disney characters (Ariel, Sebastian, Flounder, Cinderella and Prince Charming) and hung them on the walls using tape and we never got any notice, are cabin steward actually complemented us on our decorations. Maybe some of the staff is just more lenient than others.

Can someone tell me where you can purchase the magnets to go on the doors. I am going on my second cruise on the Disney fantasy in November and I would like to make magnets for our group. The first cruise in April was totally fab. Our 2 girls had an inside stateroom with the fancy porthole and that was just totally fun to watch the characters in the porthole. Food was much better than most ships also. Thanks for any direction you can give me.

Can someone tell me where you can purchase the magnets to go on the doors. I am going on my second cruise on the Disney fantasy in November and I would like to make magnets for our group. The first cruise in April was totally fab. Our 2 girls had an inside stateroom with the fancy porthole and that was just totally fun to watch the characters in the porthole. Food was much better than most ships also. Thanks for any direction you can give me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006HN5Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I made mine. Printed off graphics from assorted sites including here on the DIS. Added peel and stick magnets I purchased at Michael's Craft store and we were good to go. I will try to post a photo later. We got home about midnight last night and I am still catching up on emails etc.

Hi everyone,

The site has been asked by to relay the following message regarding stateroom door decorations on DCL ships:

More and more guests are choosing to express their family pride and enthusiasm for Disney Cruise Line by decorating their stateroom doors aboard our ships.

As you might imagine, it is very important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests.

As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that guests no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape.

We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on the stateroom doors and therefore ask that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.
Unofficially, what I'm hearing is that DCL is considering the possibility of levying surcharges on people who damage the door finish with adhesives. They're trying to avoid that because the really do appreciate the passion and creativity that people are putting into this, but the issue with the finishes coming off the doors is getting to be a real issue. I know some have already received this notice on-board the ship, but I wanted to make sure it's out there for everyone.

Thanks,
Pete

Thanks for the info

We use a bazillion magnets and FE with never an item removed. We do have our names on the best ear decorations in metallic ink. But, all of our little decorations have yet to be molested. It would be a sad trend for this to begin happening. Let's hope there are more of us good guys.

I hope this is not TOO dumb of a question but, where do you get the magnets to decorate your door? We are going to celebrate my daughter's birthday and was curious as to what kind of magnets you are talking about. I know the small ones, but I think that would be too little.

My mom made the magnets for our Magic cruise last year. She bought magnet paper, printed out customized Disney characters on paper, Glued the pictures to the magnet paper, then cut them out. We celebrated my birthday on our cruise too and my mom made a magnet that went around our porthole. It was Minnie's ears, with a party hat that said Happy Birthday!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Our first cruise ever is coming up in November on the Fantasy. Looks like I'll have to reserve some time to go up and down the halls from deck to deck to check out all the decorated doors! I've seen some pictures and some families really go all out!!

Our first cruise ever is coming up in November on the Fantasy. Looks like I'll have to reserve some time to go up and down the halls from deck to deck to check out all the decorated doors! I've seen some pictures and some families really go all out!!

Oh, don't worry, you'll do plenty of walking around the ship just doing what you're doing. No need to set time aside for that. ;)

Does anyone know the size of the Stateroom number indicator that's on the doors of the Dream? We would love to make ears or something to decorate it, but would hate to have them horribly undersized or oversized.

Does anyone know the size of the Stateroom number indicator that's on the doors of the Dream? We would love to make ears or something to decorate it, but would hate to have them horribly undersized or oversized.

7.5 inches.

Rather than make decorations from scratch, you might want to start with the great designs that idrivealumina has made! We first grabbed one two years ago, and more keep getting added to the collection.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

Happy Cruising!

7.5 inches.

Rather than make decorations from scratch, you might want to start with the great designs that idrivealumina has made! We first grabbed one two years ago, and more keep getting added to the collection.

Happy Cruising!

Wow, I had no idea, thanks so much! I'll definitely be using one (or more) of these! (Couldn't put a link in my post bc I don't have enough posts, yet)

It saves a lot of time making my own.

We have found that personalizing our magnets eliminates that problem... just add a name (first, last, or location) and it will be of no use to them and will leave them alone! Good Luck!

~Carole

I am brand new to this sight. I am a seasoned cruiser, but not with Disney. My first Disney Cruise is Sept. 23 on the Disney Wonder. Is anyone else going to be on that cruise? I would love to learn more about the FE and try to get in on that. I also love the idea about decorating the doors. The girls are going to love that.

Thanks.

I am brand new to this sight. I am a seasoned cruiser, but not with Disney. My first Disney Cruise is Sept. 23 on the Disney Wonder. Is anyone else going to be on that cruise? I would love to learn more about the FE and try to get in on that. I also love the idea about decorating the doors. The girls are going to love that.

Thanks.

:welcome:

Here's a link to the cruise meets threads.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Simply find your ship & sail date and you can chat with your fellow cruisers and find out about joining the FE exchange. At some point there is a cut off date so people who are making home made or customized items can start making them.
Have fun planning! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!