IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

I'm planning to put our magnets up kinda high on the door, out of reach of little hands. Hoping that might help us keep all of ours, of course there's no telling who's taking them. Might be adults or teens, in which case the placement wont matter.

So exciting! This will most likely be the only cruise in my life time. I want to be sure I get everything out of it. Its a little stressful :surfweb:. I was able to plan 3 days for 250 people(our wedding party:) with memories that have lasted a lifetime. Now I want to plan 8 days not miss anything for the 3 of us.
Could someone provide a few unusual FE gift ideas and let me know what they received that was fun.

So exciting! This will most likely be the only cruise in my life time. I want to be sure I get everything out of it. Its a little stressful :surfweb:. I was able to plan 3 days for 250 people(our wedding party:) with memories that have lasted a lifetime. Now I want to plan 8 days not miss anything for the 3 of us.
Could someone provide a few unusual FE gift ideas and let me know what they received that was fun.

That's what people always say until they have to be dragged off the ship in tears. :lmao:

So as to not have anyone question my ability at reading comprehension, I did understand the "no adhesive" language above. That said, I'll ask the obvious question: Does this also include the removable adhesive stickers that you can buy that are guaranteed no to mar walls, paint, etc.?

I ask because we picked a bunch of these for our cruise this past March on the Magic. A number of people commented favorably on our door and the kids really enjoyed decorating it. We removed everything the day before debarking and I saw no evidence of any damage. I'd like to do it again but don't want to get into any trouble. Any thoughts?

I'm reposting because I didn't see an answer to my question. Does anyone know if removable adhesive is okay? (Other than post-it notes)

Hi everyone,

The site has been asked by to relay the following message regarding stateroom door decorations on DCL ships:

More and more guests are choosing to express their family pride and enthusiasm for Disney Cruise Line by decorating their stateroom doors aboard our ships.

As you might imagine, it is very important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests.

As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that guests no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape.

We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on the stateroom doors and therefore ask that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.
Unofficially, what I'm hearing is that DCL is considering the possibility of levying surcharges on people who damage the door finish with adhesives. They're trying to avoid that because the really do appreciate the passion and creativity that people are putting into this, but the issue with the finishes coming off the doors is getting to be a real issue. I know some have already received this notice on-board the ship, but I wanted to make sure it's out there for everyone.

Thanks,
Pete

I'm reposting because I didn't see an answer to my question. Does anyone know if removable adhesive is okay? (Other than post-it notes)

It does say "no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape." and "that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety"

I would say removeable adhesive is still an adhesive and not allowed. Magnet variety only.

THX Pete...
so what is the word on magnets?
or what about painters tape....doesn't leave any adhesive residue?

Please also ask DCL guests to kindly refrain from "acquiring" magnetic door decorations from someone else's cabin door. Over the last eight cruises, we've yet to finish a DCL cruise with the same door decorations that we started with.

Oh, now that is just wrong and NOT in the Disney spirit!
I'm so sorry that happened to you, especially on more than one occasion!:flower3:

I guess I have a really dumb question: exactly what do you put on your door? DH and I are taking our first DC for our anniversary this Sept. and I would love to decorate with the magnets but I don't know what to put up!

We had a few Disney themed magnets and cardboard cut-out tropical fish magnets. Anything fun will do.

We also have a magnetic dry-erase board and marker for leaving notes. It is a nice way to help keep track of everyone with a party of 9 in three staterooms.

It does say "no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape." and "that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety"

I would say removeable adhesive is still an adhesive and not allowed. Magnet variety only.

Thank you for the insight. To clarify, it would appear that this includes post-it notes.

Just got back. No one bothered ours but we did come back to our room several times and found people outside it reading the decorations!

I would have never thought about decorating our cruise cabins doors. Many of the pics gave clear ideas as to what people do. Thanks everyone for teaching me and for all the great ideas :)

:teacher:

Now, I am excited to have a low cost thing to plan with my granddaughter. I am thinking dollar store plastic frames for copies of her fav princess pics from the parks. (With magnets on the back of course)

Thanks again,
June

I saw someone else ask what FE gifts were, but I never saw an answer.

Anyone care to share?:teacher:

Thanks again,
June

I saw someone else ask what FE gifts were, but I never saw an answer.

Anyone care to share?:teacher:

Thanks again,
June

Basically it stand for "Fish Extender". Outside each cabin door is a metal fish clip that holds any paper correspondence that DCL may leave for you (invitations, announcements, etc.). Many people like to share small gifts or tokens with their fellow cruisers so they have "extended" this hold by making fabric holders to hold more things...usually with pockets.

Just Google Fish Extenders and a dozens of threads will come up with pics as well.

MJ

Over our past 8 cruises, we have had items taken off our door four of those cruises! The worst was last year when they cleaned our door off and we found them down strewn down the hallways on other people's doors! As for our FE, we always tie it to the fish with heavy string so that it is not so easy to just grab and run. Scissors are needed to actually detach it.

It is sad, but I do believe 50% of it is prank and 50% is theft! As a result, I learned the hard way to keep the cruise specific/personally special ones on the back of our door inside! I lost a few that were meaningful and I will never get them back!

Don't the have camera's in the halls?

This will be my first cruise so I don't have any idea.

Very surprised for security reasons the wouldn't?

Also if we were to put out room numbers on pic's, then maybe that would at least prevent the thefts, but not the brats?

Thanks for info. I am a newbie so learning about all sorts of things. Now I'll decorate my door!!

Please also ask DCL guests to kindly refrain from "acquiring" magnetic door decorations from someone else's cabin door. Over the last eight cruises, we've yet to finish a DCL cruise with the same door decorations that we started with.

This is good to know. I was about to bring a bunch of magnets. Now maybe just a few.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!