IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

This is good to know. I am new to cruising I have been to WDW 5 times but not on a cruise. I hope to go on one in May 2012. I will have fun creating a magnet for the door I love art and am studying animation.

Thank you everyone for all of the good information. This will be my first Disney Cruise (I have cruised about 7 other times on other cruise lines) and I love the door decorating and FE ideas. I can't wait for 9/11/11.

Can anyone tell me the sites that they've used to buy their custom door magnets?

Thanks!

Every one should start learning about Fish Extenders . they hang on the hook provided and do no damage.
Its really allot of fun for the kids .

Hi Sis,
I just booked a b2b cruise. Christy is coming down on the 15th and will do the 3 night cruise. Yay!

well we have booked our second dcl cruise and we will be going on the dream in september. Can not wait it has taken me 2 1/2 years to talk dh into to going. Anyway sorry i digress. We didnt know about decorating the door until we saw abunch done on our first cruise in oct 2007. I think it is a great idea, makes it easier to find your cabin. And the sticky note is a great idea. So far we have about 50 plus people going on the cruise in september 2011.
may i please inquire as to how you have talked that many people into going on a disney cruise with you??? I have tried in vain to get my family to go and only my in-laws and my aunt have gone with us. We have a bunch of party poopers in our family!!! Any budget ideas cause that's their number one excuse???

One solution came to mind about theft of magnets. As one Dis'er said you can keep important, irreplacable magnets inside the stateroom and others on the outside.

We make our own from prints we make or find on the Internet and laminate them. Stick on adhesive backed magnets and keep them in our vacation folder.

One idea would be to thread the magnets to a fishing line or something else thin enough to be closed in the door and tied securely on the other side (inside the stateroom). Sounds like a bit of work, but if you don't want them stolen....

or as another Dis'er said, personalize them such as your stateroom number or first names. That still doesn't stop the ankle-biting, crumb-snatchers that run the hallways late at night or early in the morning!!! They just prolly grab and go!!

Have fun either way and keep your good magnets inside!!

Magnet theft isn't as common as you'd think. We've been on 5 DCL cruises, decorated doors on all but our 1st and never had one stolen. I do try to personalize as much as possible but some I can't and still never were stolen. :goodvibes

Good Evening,

I made door magnets for our wedding cruise, for ALL of our guests, as a surprise and to personalize their doors/trip for them. I put first names on the signs and in the lower corner the room number. Out of the 17 rooms, no one had theirs stolen. A couple were switched with others but none taken.

It was great and the kids found it easy to find their rooms. :)

We are about to go on our 3rd, the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy and I plan to do it again for our room and friends.

Have fun making signs!

-Jamie

What are FE's?

FE= Fish Extender. It's a stocking of sorts-- it hangs on the "fish" that is on the wall outside of Disney Cruise cabin doors... It has a pocket for each person in your party and, when you join a meet on here, people from your meet group leave you little "presents" throughout the week and you drop a little something in everyone elses as well. We did it with our kids last time and it was so neat! They helped me deliver our gifts (magnets and Disney doorknob hangers) to everyone elses room and it was a special added touch to their experience to get little things from all over the country (magnets, pencils, pins, little pirate toys, stickers, etc...) almost every time we returned to the room. You can actually order them on eBay if you can't make one (that's what I did, and the lady did an excellent job... I'd post a pic if I knew how!!!). Highly recommend it!

We would walk down the hall to distribute our FE gifts and see doors where they had plastered the door with DVC Welcome Home magnets or our Dis group magnets... I can't imagine just grabbing someone elses property :mad: And then displaying it so "proudly" :confused3 To each his own I guess...

Ummm, sorry, I've never cruised before....silly question....:confused3.....are the doors metal? is that why you can put magnets on them? I know its shocking :scared1: that I wouldn't know these things!

Thanks

Every time we go to WDW we buy a magnet so we were planning on bringing these with us when we cruise, but I was worried about people stealing them. I am guessing it does go on as I have read on here. I think instead we will just print out Disney pics on sturdy paper and add magnets too them. I don't want to lose our park magnets we love so much.

^^ Yeah, I wouldn't suggest putting your prized park magnets on the door. It's better to just have magnets that you won't be really upset about if they disappear. I mean you won't be happy even then, but at least it won't be as upsetting. Also put your name on it- first name or just last name or something. Makes them less likely to steal your magnets if they have names on them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!