IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

Heres the picture of the door. Hope it was worth the wait and it gives you some ideas!!!!

2010SummerDisneyCruise276.jpg

Ok, so below is nota picture of the door at the end of the trip because we need to leave 10 posts. The Post it Notes were a huge hit with not only other cruisers but also the staff. Our Stateroom Hostloved reading the new notes posted everyday. Even his manager would pass by to read them. We met a bunch of the people who left the notes and it was a great way for our 10 year old to meet other kids. Everyday wehad prople stopping by our room to say hi. We even met a couple who lived less then a mile from our home. I encourage everyone to try this, but please give us credit for being the first people to try it and make it popular!!!!

Do you mean you personally or the Dis? I only ask because you are not the first people to do this! In the many years of DCL's existence leaving post it notes on the door has been done before.....it is a nice idea but many people have thought of it.

MJ

Awwwwww!!!! I thought we were the first....

But just to say again, we met so many people through the notes it was a big success, and the staff of Disney even liked it as well as left notes also!!!!! I encourage everyone to bring sticky notes to post on your door.

We usually end up with getting FE gifts stolen. Walk in see them, come out a couple min leter to gather them and most are gone....

What's an FE gift? And why would someone steal from other cruisers?

I love the idea of the post it notes. It would also come in handy if you're with other people in different cabins, they can leave you notes on where they're going to be and when. Would come in very handy for me when I go with my daughter and her boyfriend and they're in a different cabin. LUV IT!!!!

We usually end up with getting FE gifts stolen. Walk in see them, come out a couple min leter to gather them and most are gone....

We use Magnets

Wow that's terrible. Three cruises completed and never had an FE gift stolen or a magnet! We've been on decks 7, 5, and 2.

Love the post it note idea! soo neat! what a great way to interact with everyone!
We didn't know about the "no tape" clause when we went last year, but they were nice enough to give us magnets to put up our pictures with!

Well we have booked our second DCL cruise and we will be going on the dream in September. Can not wait it has taken me 2 1/2 years to talk DH into to going. Anyway sorry I digress. We didnt know about decorating the door until we saw abunch done on our first cruise in Oct 2007. I think it is a great idea, makes it easier to find your cabin. And the sticky note is a great idea. So far we have about 50 plus people going on the cruise in September 2011.

:sail::flower1:

We use Magnets
Could you tell me what an FE gift is? I want to make sure I don't get any stolen! :flower1:

Now I know what the maintenance crew was doing at 2:00 AM during my Med cruise. I noticed some of the doors were definitely missing decorations the next day. Guess we'll have to use magnets or the golden fish!

I guess I have a really dumb question: exactly what do you put on your door? DH and I are taking our first DC for our anniversary this Sept. and I would love to decorate with the magnets but I don't know what to put up!

I guess I have a really dumb question: exactly what do you put on your door? DH and I are taking our first DC for our anniversary this Sept. and I would love to decorate with the magnets but I don't know what to put up!

Creative people design graphics and personalize them. You download them to your puter by right clicking on the photo to save it. Then print on magnetic paper.
Here's the latest thread of graphics. You may want to go back to 1st page.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37586999#post37586999

I collect freebie magnets throughout the year, the ones from the pizza guy or local realtor used for advertising. Then I make a sign out of contruction paper, brochure pictures or on the computer. I tape my magnets to the back of my pictures and then hang them on our cabin door. Never have damage and didn't spend a dime.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!