I'm.........

We ordered Magic Band + only for the kids for our Oct. trip. No one else wants to get them. It will take both parents' phones to help them out.

We have an Alaska cruise in Sept......and less than a week after the family trip to WDW.
Hope we stay well!!
Then WDW trip in Dec....just the 2 of us

Meet the teacher night for the kids.
This school teaches Latin!!

Yea….how fun! :mickeyjum
I just made my ticker for our June trip.
Are you getting a Magic Band + ?
Katie is so excited about these.
....nahhhh....my DS and his fiance` are getting one....besides, I have a gorgeous D&B Tinkerbell one.

EDIT: :scratchin come to think of it, my DS gets a 50% CM discount! Hey, mebbe I should get one....

Last edited:
Reactions: slo
I don’t have special MBs, so not likely to get the new ones for myself. However, I do especially like fireworks, and if I think the new effects associated with them are worth it, I just may ask for one as a gift. My DSis usually asks what I would like. Plus, I have a friend who, would love to have one, and if she gets the all clear from her doctor to come in December, I definitely will get her one.

....oh, that is very nice of you.
That’s nice of you to say. This friend has a weakened immune system and had learned after Covid vaccines, she had no immunity at all. She in a study having to do with stem cells, and this month she will learn if the first treatment worked. It’s been at least a 4 month wait since having the treatment.

That’s nice of you to say. This friend has a weakened immune system and had learned after Covid vaccines, she had no immunity at all. She in a study having to do with stem cells, and this month she will learn if the first treatment worked. It’s been at least a 4 month wait since having the treatment.
....wow...and I'm still battling the OPPOSITE. My immune system is in overdrive - that's why it keeps attacking my platelets.

We ordered Magic Band + only for the kids for our Oct. trip. No one else wants to get them. It will take both parents' phones to help them out.

We have an Alaska cruise in Sept......and less than a week after the family trip to WDW.
Hope we stay well!!
Then WDW trip in Dec....just the 2 of us

Meet the teacher night for the kids.
This school teaches Latin!!
Katie is sooooooo……excited about the Magic Band +.
We‘re both going to get one - I can’t let her have all the fun - LOL!

I’m going tonight to get trained by my kid to take over her position at her job for when she’s away at school. When she comes home she’ll go to the job and then I’ll stay home - basically you can call me her place holder. I’m working there when I’m not at my real job. She works at where she’s trained for the last 9 years, so I’ll be spending time with lots of people I know - it’ll be fun and it will be nice extra money to put towards our girls trip 🥰

I’m going tonight to get trained by my kid to take over her position at her job for when she’s away at school. When she comes home she’ll go to the job and then I’ll stay home - basically you can call me her place holder. I’m working there when I’m not at my real job. She works at where she’s trained for the last 9 years, so I’ll be spending time with lots of people I know - it’ll be fun and it will be nice extra money to put towards our girls trip 🥰
Seems to work out for both of you. Glad you have the time to do it!!

Reactions: slo
Today, I did taste some of a tomato with cucumber salad, but then, nothing.....
....when my DS had Covid last summer, he lost his sense of taste and smell too. He looked into olfactory retraining and, boy, it WORKED! He had to smell 4 distinct aromas for 20 seconds for each one - once in the morning and another regimen at night. He regained his sense of taste and smell in 5 days. I purchased the 4 vials of oils at the Coop Market in DS for him, but I'm sure you could get them anywhere.

I have never heard of that, good to know
...yes. The 4 scents are:

1) floral - rose
2) citrus - lemon/orange
3) spice - cinnamon/clove
4) medicinal - eucalyptus

from Mayo Clinic:
"The nerves involved in taste and smell can heal and regrow. It’s called “neuroplasticity. So the idea is that if we can challenge those nerves with different smells, that will help them regrow in the proper fashion,” says Dr. Greg Vanichkachorn. Olfactory retraining involves smelling specific substances to do that. “And those substances are clove, lemon, eucalyptus and rose. And what we recommend is that patients smell these substances for 20 seconds, twice a day for several weeks or several months."

Last edited:
...yes. The 4 scents are:

1) floral - rose
2) citrus - lemon/orange
3) spice - cinnamon/clove
4) medicinal - eucalyptus

from Mayo Clinic:
"The nerves involved in taste and smell can heal and regrow. It’s called “neuroplasticity. So the idea is that if we can challenge those nerves with different smells, that will help them regrow in the proper fashion,” says Dr. Greg Vanichkachorn. Olfactory retraining involves smelling specific substances to do that. “And those substances are clove, lemon, eucalyptus and rose. And what we recommend is that patients smell these substances for 20 seconds, twice a day for several weeks or several months."
That is so cool, I wish I had known when a friend of mine's daughter lost hers, it took months for hers to come back.

...it worked for my son....after the 5th day, I was cooking bacon, and he was in his bedroom. He could smell the bacon cooking and didn't know that I was cooking it.
Very cool indeed.
Her sense of smell has returned already but I will keep in mind for future reference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter