i'm just sooooo excited!!!

marquettedis

Earning My Ears
yesterday i found out that my boyfriend is coming to disney with my family and me!!!!!! i am just so excited and i knew that only dis'ers would understand my excitement!!

it is his first time, so i think it will be a total shock since my family and i have disney down to a science. any tips how to prepare him for the wonderful world of disney??

only 56 more days!!

congrats

I was just at Marquette a week ago for the Disney CP presentation there

-Troy
(up the street @ UWM )

That's awesome! I definatly wanna hear about how balancing your bf and your family goes!

I'm considdering taking a friend/someone I'm dating (though not exclusive just yet) for Christmas with my mom, and would love to hear any advice!

Get him involved in planning with your family it will make it more fun for him!

Woo Hoo! Haha that's so great I'm happy for you and your boyfriend! My boyfriend had never been to DL or WDW before he and I started dating. He thought he'd neve have the chance to until he was married and had kids... But last year he went to DL with my parents and I, and this past March he went to WDW with us. My boyfriend had such a great time. We arrived at night went out and grabbed something to eat and got ready for WDW for the next day, but since it rained, we went shopping. I cleared up that night and went to Downtown Disney, and he liked it so much, we made it a habit every night for the rest of our vacation to go to DTD.

For the first official day at Disney we eased him in by going to Magic Kingdom since he had been to DL he had a bit of an idea about MK and what it would be like. He loved the monorail in to MK because they were closed when we were at DL.

Then later on in the week we went to Epcot, which eventually became his absolute favorite. We had lunch at the Biergarten, which is ohh sooo yummy :teeth: .He loved Test Track, and Soarin' which we were lucky enought to get to ride, and his favorite part was World Showcase.

Then we combined AK and MGM in to one day and played around, did whatever, we had lunch at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. PTCafe was soo much fun it was my first time eating there too and we just had a lot of fun, and the food was really great!

It totally depends on what he likes to do, of course my boyfriend hates coasters and I was still able to get him on Rockin' Roller Coaster. He's gone to other theme parks with me and has refused to do coasters, but it was just something about Disney, and he finally agreed. :earboy2: He never understood why I loved Disney sooo much, but now he knows why and he's now in the same boat :boat: ... We're both Disney nuts :rotfl: :teeth: :rotfl: lol.....

Let me know if you need anything else. I'm sure I can get my bf to tell me more about what made his first WDW trip so magical... Now he just can't wait to go back!

princess: Jen princess:

did you stay with your parents a lot?? i have always been with my family and i don't want to exclude them. they say we can go off and do our own thing but i think i will feel guilty in doing so. what do you guys think??

When we were in the parks we always stayed together, except to go look in a store or go on a ride, but we didn't stray far. When we were in Downtown Disney we would go and eat then separate, or just for it ourselves and wonder about. But whenever we went off on our own we always ran back into my parents, which more than once was at The Earl of Sandwich :goodvibes . But other than DTD we were always together.

Hey everyone! I'm new here, but I thought I'd pop in with my quick thoughts on this topic.

Last summer I went with my boyfriend and his mother and step-dad to Disney, Universal, and Sea World for a week and had a great time. Now I'd been to WDW seven times before and DL once and he'd only been to WDW once, back when he was 10 or 11 (we're 18 now), so naturally he was all worried that I wasn't going to enjoy myself because his family isn't really too big on rides and all of that and my family goes from dawn until dusk everyday no matter where we go.

The whole time we were there, we never had a problem balancing family and alone time. Like I said, my boyfriend's family isn't really too big on rides (his mom has a heart condition and his stepdad hasback problems) so my boyfriend and I kind of ended up doing on our own thing alot of the time. We would get up and eat breakfast together everyday and then once we got to the parks, my boyfriend and I would go one way and his parents would go another. This allowed my boyfriend and I to hit the big rides before the crowds and all of that. I always had my cell phone with me and on (and it's free of roaming charges and has unlimited minutes) and my boyfriend's mother always had hers, so we'd call and check up throughout the day and we always made plans to meet and have lunch together. Then his parents would usually go back to the hotel for a nap and my boyfriend and I would stay in the parks. If we got tired, we'd sit and have an ice cream or just relax. I'm the type of person who likes to enjoy every minute of everyday in the parks, so alot of days, my boyfriend and I stayed in the parks rather than go back to the hotel for a rest. Some days we park hopped when his parents went back to rest and afterwards, theywould always call to see where we were and all of that. We then always made plans to sit and eat dinner together and the four of us then remained together for the rest of the night, enjoying the parades and nighttime shows.

I always worried that I was tiring my boyfriend out all these long days since he just isn't used to that kind of vacationing (or any really), but he insisted he wasn't and he really held his own keeping up with me. People always say you don't really know a person until you've lived with them (or spent an entire week straight together in my case haha), and I guess they're right. After two years together, this trip really was something else. It definitely brought us closer and I was shocked when we got home and he told me that he loved me all the more for making his vacation great. He told me that my spirit and passion for something as simple as Disney was one of the many things he loved about me and that he never would have seen or done so much without me (I'm a bit of a nut, I've got Disney down to a science at this point lol).

So long story short, I say, take the boyfriend and have an amazing time. My boyfriend had so much fun that we're going on a Norwegian Cruise Lines cruise this summer and when we dock at Port Canaveral, we'll be heading to Disney for the day. Try to let your boyfriend see and enjoy everything. If you love it and are passionate about it, it should give him all the more reason to as well.

just2554, welcome to the dis!

i will take all the advice to heart. i'm just worried that i will scare him with my commando style of planning.

I wouldn't be worried about your "commando" style of planning haha. I'm like an obsessive-compulsive crazy person some days and I have the type of boyfriend that is content knowing he's never done anything and he doesn't even want to do anything. Until I came along, he hated vacationing, roller coasters, rides...the list of complaints goes on. He's the type of person that could go to a theme park and just walk around never actually seeing anything. He had a great time regardless of that though, mostly because of my craziness. So just have fun and show him everything. The more he sees, the more he has to enjoy.

Welcome Just2554! Haha! "Commando" planning.. hehe we never really planned to much except for maybe a night or two before on what rides we were actually going to see. My bf is the type that says "I'll do anything.. within reason. But as long as your happy, that's what matters to me." It was so great, our WDW trip we ran around like 6 year olds after eating a giant pixie stick. (By the way a 6 year old + a giant pixie stick = bad.... I worked in a daycare... :sad2: ) We were constantly running, then stop and look back ro make sure we didn't loose my parents. And at times my parents were running right up there with us! :rotfl:

Just have loads of fun! I know you will!

:lovestruc Jen :lovestruc

congrats on the news. last year i brought my boyfriend along with the family. it was for his birthday and our year anniversary, and i was sooo excited. what i did was realize that there would be some time that we would see my family, and some time that we would go off on our own, like his birthday. i let him pick what parks he wanted to come to, and where we wanted to eat. we had the most amazing time! the only advice i have..im not sure if you are like me, but i'm big into planning. my mistake was really expecting everything to go my way. i planned on him seeing fantasmic, wishes and spectromagic. fantasmic was rained out, spectromagic was rained out and on the first night we couldn't see wishes bc we got a horrible place, and we spend half of it looking for another spot. i was so upset i cried, and i shouldn't have done that. all i would suggest is don't get your hopes up if you have something planned, and just having him there will be amazing. have a great time! i'm going mid july, and we're working things out to see if he'll come this year too. one can only hope :goodvibes

My girlfriend, for her 18th b-day, asked her dad to take her along on a business trip he was going on down to orlando so that she could go to disney. of course, seeing as i go to school in daytona, and with her typically home in CT, i couldn't resist a little drive to go see her, especially because that week marked three celebrations for us... her b-day, valentines day, and our 1 year anniversary. so, i drove up on the morning of her birthday and met her at Pop Century where she was staying. We went hit MGM in the morning, hopped over to EPCOT in the afternoon and had a birthday dinner in italy, fished out some pearls in japan, and hopped over to MK for Wishes. Then we went back to her hotel and exchanged gifts. The next day we spent the morning looking at Stetson University in Deland (she's interested in going there next year... she's a senior in HS now), and then we went back to MK for the rest of the day. It was an awesome trip. I just wished I could have stayed for more than two days.

Her dad was with us for a lot of the time, but he also gave us plenty of time to be alone. For example, he was with us at MGM and about half the time at EPCOT. we had dinner with him, but we did our own thing afterwards. then he went back to the hotel and we went to MK for wishes on our own. the next day after we looked at SU, he went back to the hotel to charge his cell phone while we went to MK. he met up with us again later in the day, but I never really had any problem with the amount of time we spent with him.

Disney is always an awesome experience, but it's 50x better when you can experience it with a loved one! I'm so happy for you! Have fun!

mainstreet, usa
that's so cute that you traveled to see her at disney. coming from a long distnace relationship i know how much that meant to her. its nice to get a guys view since girls most def. see things and a different way.

marquettedis said:
mainstreet, usa
that's so cute that you traveled to see her at disney. coming from a long distnace relationship i know how much that meant to her. its nice to get a guys view since girls most def. see things and a different way.

Aww... shucks. It was nothing. :blush: I needed an excuse to go to WDW, haha.

When we were in MK, we were caught off guard because we didn't know when Wishes started. It started when we we around the Carousel in Fantasyland, in that general area you can great a pretty good view except for maybe a building or two, but then again it didn't hamper the show too much. We were surprised because there really wasn't anyone around us and it was Easter weekend. It's such a beautiful show, but we missed the end to head off to Peter Pan before the rush came.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter