Im curious. Whats the worst resort?

:teeth: After more then 34 years of trying to find the Worst Resort @ Disney I still haven't found it yet...but I'll keep trying.

The worst hotel for us was Pop. We'll stay offsite before ever staying there again.

That's been our only bad experience.

I think it's a matter of personal taste. The worst for me was WL. It just wasn't worth the money. The rooms were small and dark and servce wasn't the best. I put POP ahead of it on my list. My personal fave is the Poly, you just can't beat it.

santonucci said:
"Our one stay at the Coronado Springs resort (trying something different)resulted in us checking out after a day and checking in to the WL, because we weren't willing to give up that much service at the cost difference. If money is not a concern, the premium hotels are worth the cost."

We liked CSR better than GF or the Polynesian and it wasn't because of the dollar difference. CSR was just more fun and more relaxed.It really is a matter of 'different strokes for different folks.'

For our family it's the All-Stars. It was a visit there many years ago that really got us turned off enough to not visit for a couple of years (we did US/IOA/SW) instead. Luckily we came back and even joined DVC. But our visits to the values are few and far between. We've never been back to any of the All-Stars but will occasionally stay at Pop Century to save points before a DVC stay. In December, we'll be at Pop for two nights, followed by 5 at the Beach Club Villas and 4 at Old Key West. It's tolerable but that's about it for us. We spend a LOT of time at the resort and we like the moderates and deluxe/Home Away from Homes.

Our reasons -
---- way, way too many people with lines everywhere
--- the bus situation - one stop, always crowded
--- a food court
--- no slides on the pools

I could go on ...

I second those who say all the resorts are great its just a matter of taste, desire for certain amenities and budget.

But if I had to choose a basis for deciding where or where not to stay, I'd weigh the transportation. I found the All-Stars buses always full, had to stand or wait for an emptier bus.

JRawkSteady said:
IMO I think Pop Century is the worst. This is where all the cheerleaders and high school kids stay when they have a school event. Talk about never being able to go to sleep. The rooms are ugly, the scenery is tacky, and the beds are incredibly uncomfortable. and i don't even want to mention the food.. yikes...

Wow. I've never had a really bad time at Pop Century. If I had to choose
a value resort, I'd choose this over the All Stars. (And usually the schools
pick the All Stars, I thought. Sometimes there is overflow at Pop, but I
hadn't noticed.)

In your case, you couldn't find anything positive about the resort. I felt
that it was clean, and the scenery was intentionally campy, which I liked.
It was not meant, IMHO, to be subtle. :)

But I can find things I like about all the resorts I've stayed, as well as things
I don't like about the resort. I had a room at my "home" at Beach Club Villas
that I felt was sub-par, and that's an understatement. I felt the room I
stayed in at Pop Century had been much cleaner. :rolleyes:

I think it really helps to do some homework and view sites that show rooms, resort layouts, locations. http://www.allearsnet.com has a really good
section about accommodations.

Besides DVC, my favorite resort is Animal Kingdom Lodge. I know it's not
everyone's cup o' tea. Some people find the decor dark and ugly. I find
it cozy and beautiful. It's hard to give people resort advice because it's
all so subjective.

I hesitate to call any Disney resort the "worst." I think they're all pretty fantastic, and I love it that Disney offers something for everyone on just about any budget (even though the values aren't even that cheap compared to most of the places on 192 or I-drive).

For me, my least favorite is All Star Sports, just because the theming doesn't appeal to me at all. :confused3

Haven't found a one that I haven't liked immensely. But I haven't stayed in many.

IMHO:

"Best" resort: the Grand Floridian

"Worst" resort: maybe the contemporary or all star sports, just on the basis of theming...but I'd stay at any of them, regardless. They are all pretty good. :paw:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter