I'm a roller coaster chicken. Should I still ride Big Thunder?

I am a coaster chicken, and I ride BTMRR. There aren't any huge drops, although there is one section where you kind of do a little drop, bounce up, and then continue the drop, that is my least favorite part of the ride. But BTMRR is the ONLY coaster I will ride, anywhere, period. I don't even like the Barnstormer.
Have you tried 7 Dwarves Mine Train? It's a very smooth ride. And part of it is like Splash Mountain when going through the "story" of the movie.

You see, I am scared of the dips, seats, feeling of falling I get riding Soarin.

Now there is FOP.

I am totally with you on the first quote. I am always scared of falling out of Soarin. I actually attach the child strap between the legs. It makes me feel a LITTLE better thinking I am strapped in a little better. There is NONE of this in FOP. Yes, what you are seeing and feeling is like flying, but I KNOW on FOP that I am sitting on a motorcycle-like contraption that it wouldn't make any difference if I DID fall off of it with calf and back restraints. There is no way I am going anywhere during the ride, and if for some strange reason I did, it wouldn't hurt anything. The fear of falling is gone. The ride is amazing. I recommend giving it a try.

Apologies if someone has already said this, but watch You Tube videos of BTMRR to get a feel of what to expect; that helped me feel good about riding it: knowing what to expect. I like BTMRR; it's longer and more intense than 7DMT (which I love), but both are built into "mountains" which is a plus for me. I rode Barnstormer once and found it scarier than BTMRR because it's on a bare metal track up in the air (and has a tighter footprint).

I won't ride Space or RnRC because they are in the dark. I rode EE once. I'm glad I did, but found it super-scary because of the drops in the dark that felt SO steep! FWIW, I love Splash including the drop.

We haven't been to DL, but you just described me and DS. We both love BTMRR. Rode it about 11 times one trip. It does not have any big drops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter