Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

I just posted the two photos above. The one of the globe is blurry because I zoomed in, but I think it shows that the hedge doesn't really impact the view, you can still see the entire globe above the hedge. The second photo is from our table, we were at the second table as you walk in, so our view was partially "hedgeless".

Thank you for the pictures! They have me leaning towards keeping the reservation, although I need to have my daughter check the menu for her friend. Since they are both underage, if she doesn't like the food, either, it would be a better use of money to eat elsewhere and use a FP for the show.

Rose & Crown is a GREAT place to watch the show. We did this a couple years ago. Our dinner end just as the show was starting and they let us go out on the patio to view the fireworks.

I'm a little confused. Some reports say non-package folks are seated on the upper patio, but on cold days, the upper patio is used for package dining.

When the upper patio is used for package dining, where do the non-package folks eat?

Inside the restaurant.
Thanks. But, I'd assume that they'd plan on having diners inside the restaurant either way. Package folks on the lower patio, and non-package folks on the upper side patio, and inside the restaurant?

Or, when the package folks do eat on the lower patio, inside the restaurant is kept empty?

Or, when the package folks do eat on the lower patio, inside the restaurant is kept empty?

We were there on a warm night last week. We had the package and were seated on the lower patio. There were non-package diners on the upper patio and inside the restaurant. My assumption is that on nice nights they are able to accommodate more walk-ins.

This is my first attempt at uploading photos to DIS. We were on the lower level during Illuminations, though dinner was on the upper patio due to the colder weather. I did not feel like the hedge obstructed our view at all. Everything takes place far enough beyond the hedge. I was standing when I took the pics, and I am 6'1". DW who is probably half a foot shorter did not find the hedge to obstruct the view either. The photo of people are the non-package folks who were allowed to cram into that corner of the patio beyond where the tables for people with the dinner package were blocked off. As you can see, there is another couple who were on the dinner package at the next table over who sat during the show.

ETA: I apologize for the quality of the photos, I am not a photographer and these were shot with my phone camera. Also, I saw a previous post make a comment about possible issues with the sound quality or speakers during the show - we did not notice any such problem. The sound quality was great. We thought it was worth it for a one-time experience, but probably not a repeat event. The photos were from 01/31/19.

View attachment 381772 View attachment 381773 View attachment 381774 View attachment 381775 View attachment 381776
Thank you! This is so helpful!!

We have this package booked for this summer (so excited!). We have a 4 yo and a 1 yo (will be almost 5 and almost 2 at time of travel), and the little one eats a LOT. When I booked the package, it just included her as a freebie, since she’s under 3. Does anyone know if there’s a way to get her a meal? I love that everything is included/paid up front, but wondering if the prix fixe model can handle an add-on for an under three with a serious appetite!

We have this package booked for this summer (so excited!). We have a 4 yo and a 1 yo (will be almost 5 and almost 2 at time of travel), and the little one eats a LOT. When I booked the package, it just included her as a freebie, since she’s under 3. Does anyone know if there’s a way to get her a meal? I love that everything is included/paid up front, but wondering if the prix fixe model can handle an add-on for an under three with a serious appetite!
This question seems to be restaurant, or perhaps even server, specific.

At CRT, for example, most often the under 3s will get their own free meal. Same for Akershus. But, there are reports of this not happening.

When you get there, ask your server. Perhaps they will let you order from the regular Rose and Crown menu? Even if someone reports back between now and your date, there's no guarantee you'll have the same experience.

We have 7:45 ADRs here for our March trip. Party of 4. We definitely want to eat here, but with a 3 year old who doesn't eat much, the package is an easy no. Should we back our ADR up to get out earlier so we can find a spot for Illuminations or just roll with it and hope for the best? I just don't want to be stuck inside and miss the show.

back our ADR up to get out earlier so we can find a spot for Illuminations
I think this is the best approach. Rain or shine, begging for a view is definitely going to be a lot less successful now that so much of those tables are allocated to the package, and it wasn't that successful (our family ran one-for-three) without the package taking up those tables.

Thank you for the pictures! They have me leaning towards keeping the reservation, although I need to have my daughter check the menu for her friend. Since they are both underage, if she doesn't like the food, either, it would be a better use of money to eat elsewhere and use a FP for the show.

I don't know of FP availability for Illuminations. I think there used to be a FP section, however that was removed years ago.

With that said, you dont need one to enjoy the show.

We have 7:45 ADRs here for our March trip. Party of 4. We definitely want to eat here, but with a 3 year old who doesn't eat much, the package is an easy no. Should we back our ADR up to get out earlier so we can find a spot for Illuminations or just roll with it and hope for the best? I just don't want to be stuck inside and miss the show.

I would. Your odds of a view are now even more reduced than before the package. You can find a nice view outside the restaurant IMO. WE have never once missed a good view of Illuminationsfrom the WS.

I don't know of FP availability for Illuminations. I think there used to be a FP section, however that was removed years ago.
We used a FP for Illuminations this past December. It wasn't much better than you could get for yourself just be staking out a spot a half hour earlier.

We used a FP for Illuminations this past December. It wasn't much better than you could get for yourself just be staking out a spot a half hour earlier.

I didn't realize they were still offered! I would not bother, so I guess that's why i never notice them! LOL!

We did this package on this week on 2/13! We had a great time! We checked in at 7:45 and were seated about 10 min later. We were seated on the upper patio where are the heat lamps are because it was freezing! There were blankets on each chair as well. I had the Scotch egg and the fish & chips. Also had a black & tan and the signature cocktail. Husband had the Potato soup and loved it. It was honestly a ton of food! We were stuffed! About 10 min before the fireworks started, we were able to walk down to the lower patio and sit there with our blankets for an obstructed view of the show (minus the hedge of course). Honestly, the hedge didn't bother me. I'm short and I still really had no trouble seeing everything. I thought this package was a good value for the money. The service was exceptional and it was nice to be able to relax during the show!

We did this package on this week on 2/13! We had a great time! We checked in at 7:45 and were seated about 10 min later. We were seated on the upper patio where are the heat lamps are because it was freezing! There were blankets on each chair as well. I had the Scotch egg and the fish & chips. Also had a black & tan and the signature cocktail. Husband had the Potato soup and loved it. It was honestly a ton of food! We were stuffed! About 10 min before the fireworks started, we were able to walk down to the lower patio and sit there with our blankets for an obstructed view of the show (minus the hedge of course). Honestly, the hedge didn't bother me. I'm short and I still really had no trouble seeing everything. I thought this package was a good value for the money. The service was exceptional and it was nice to be able to relax during the show!

Was there no option to stay on the upper patio to watch the show or were you given a choice?

Was there no option to stay on the upper patio to watch the show or were you given a choice?

When were there on 1/31, we ate in the upper patio and had the option to go to the lower patio to watch the show. I would say about 40% went to the lower patio, and the rest remained on the upper patio. No one else besides package holders were allowed on the lower patio.

Where are table was on the upper patio had an obstructed view b/c of the roof. Some of the other tables did not and didn't feel the need to move. We weren't forced to move and could have stayed at our table if we wanted!

Did you mean an unobstructed view minus the patio?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter