Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

Per the link above, seating starts at 8 and the event ends at 9:30. If it’s not staffedwell enough, you may have an issue getting that many beverages in addition to your meal in such a short time.

I would just order 3 drinks at a time in order to make sure I got my money's worth. Maybe that's just me being a little too obsessed with squeezing every penny out of my dollars, though.

Okay, then, as disappointing as the change may be, this package would not work for you.

As I previously stated; I already came to that conclusion myself. You may have missed it:
It's not a deal breaker for me and it's probably not something we would do. And we do dessert parties and other events. It's a bummer, but as with all Disney extras people will decide the value and importance and budget accordingly.

Here's the thing - we have NEVER had an issue getting a great viewing spot for Illuminations - and we always arrive about 5 minutes before it starts. While I LOVE R and C, there is NO WAY I would pay that much for the same view I can get elsewhere for "free". I will grab a good beer in Germany and find a spot.. it has not failed me yet!

Here's the thing - we have NEVER had an issue getting a great viewing spot for Illuminations - and we always arrive about 5 minutes before it starts. While I LOVE R and C, there is NO WAY I would pay that much for the same view I can get elsewhere for "free". I will grab a good beer in Germany and find a spot.. it has not failed me yet!

Agree for the most part! The only reason I want to do this is for the 4th of July. I hate having to stake out a decent spot 2-3 hours ahead of time. Last year was the worst and I just don't want to repeat that again! Any other normal night though I wouldn't pay for that.

I agree about the selections. We often get the 7:50 reservation time and go for either the curry or the sirloin. My kids (12 and 14) aren't going to be interested in the adult options. Completely bummed that this happened. I'm assuming my 7:50 PM reservation in June is going to be worthless now.
I would wait and see, i'm losing track of where I am reading what but it seems like it is a special event off to the side and not instead of the regular patio tables. Wait for reports before giving up your ADR.

Are these dining packages available to book when the ADR's become available or is it a separate booking window?

Our first night tradition for the last 20 years has been Rose & Crown dinner with Illuminations. My husband will occasionally have a beer. I cannot drink. This price is a significant increase for us.
We normally get seated indoors and are ushered out to stand on the patio and then come back inside for dessert. I have to re-evaluate whether we want to change our adr for April 30. We’ve seen illumination so many times, it probably can easily be missed. This would have been our farewell show.

I would just order 3 drinks at a time in order to make sure I got my money's worth. Maybe that's just me being a little too obsessed with squeezing every penny out of my dollars, though.
Yup! The price includes tax and tip, so the actual meal cost is $68.28. Scotch Egg, Bangers & Mash, and dessert estimated price $38. Three beers will bring you to, well, $65. Cheese Plate, Corned Beef, and dessert comes to $45. Three beers, or two "fancy" drinks, brings you to/over the $68

Yup! The price includes tax and tip, so the actual meal cost is $68.28. Scotch Egg, Bangers & Mash, and dessert estimated price $38. Three beers will bring you to, well, $65. Cheese Plate, Corned Beef, and dessert comes to $45. Three beers, or two "fancy" drinks, brings you to/over the $68

Where is the event menu listed ? TIA

Are these dining packages available to book when the ADR's become available or is it a separate booking window?

Still remains to be seen from what I can tell. We know it opens on the 17th but we don't know for how long. I'm going to be on that morning to try and book July 4th but Im not keeping up my hopes that they will have a full 180+ open.

Last edited:
http://blogmickey.com/2019/01/illuminations-dining-package-coming-to-epcot/

"Starting January 18th, guests will be able to purchase the Illuminations Dining Package.

[
/QUOTE]
Its clarified later in the article but I don't like they they have worded that. It should read as "Starting January 18th, guests will be able to enjoy the Illuminations Dining Package". Ive had two people send me the link to this post via other outlets and both thought booking opened on the 18th.

Im looking forward to this. The value in these packages and dessert parties for me is securing a spot for the fireworks without having to stand/sit and wait for an extended period of time. We can eat at a place we enjoy with a menu that suits everyone in our family and have reserved viewing for Illuminations at one of (if not THE) most desired place in the park....okay, sure.

Still remains to be seen from what I can tell. We know it opens on the 17th but we don't know for how long. I'm going to be on that morning to try and book July 4th but Im not keeping up my hopes that they will have a full 180+ open.

I want July 4th as well!!! Fingers crossed for us both!

Well, I still can't book it for my date in April and I already have had normal R&C ressies that night at 7:50 since the end of October....

Well, I still can't book it for my date in April and I already have had normal R&C ressies that night at 7:50 since the end of October....
The announcement noted that the booking window would open on January 17th (even though first available date will then be January 18th).

The announcement noted that the booking window would open on January 17th (even though first available date will then be January 18th).

Yeah, I know, I was just answering the pp's question. For some it will be, for those like me, it of course wasn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!