Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

This is from the Rose and Crown Dining Room page (not the package page):

IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Staying for dinner? Enjoy a prime view of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth from the waterfront. Be sure to arrive early: A table on the patio cannot be guaranteed, and outdoor dining cannot be requested in advance.

This isn't new, it's been listed there for quite awhile. Is it now misleading advertising? If not, maybe you should hold onto those late ADRs for a little while, at least.

Keywords in this statement are “not guaranteed.” The difference is for the upgrade charge you’re supposedly guaranteed the patio with this package

I think the concern someone raised about this package turning that "not guaranteed" into "guaranteed not" is reasonable. I think we can expect that requesting illuminations view at Rose And Crown without the dining package is history.

I called right at 7am and to echo those above, it will be available to book today... it just isn't currently. haha. Nice to see that some CM's gave an actual time! I'm just going to continuously check throughout the morning i guess! :teeth:

I’m anxiously waiting for this to open. We’ve eaten at R&C and enjoy the food, but never tried for outside seating as it was always packed and we didn’t want to wait for an hour while others camped out, stretching out their meal for the view. I’ve tried the frozen dessert buffet and was totally underwhelmed. Safe to say that the outdoor dining will be closed to only those with the package, but I’m good with a small upcharge from what I’d normally spend for guaranteed seating outdoors. Open...open...open.

Last edited:

Glad to know I'm not crazy. Was pretty sure the two dates I'm looking at weren't full, especially when I tried for every party size and nothing opened. Will try again in a few minutes at 9 est.

gosh, i know! I'm sitting here just continuously refreshing the page hoping for a time to pop up. haha!!!! I feel like a crazy person

Me too! I’m supposed to be taking a shower and getting ready for a shopping trip today, still n bed hitting refresh. lol They’re just going to have to understand. lol

I'm chatting with a CM on MDE and she said they just received an update and that it still isn't available to book and that there is no estimated time. Grrrrrrrr

It now says "We were unable to check for available tables at this time."

Sheesh how hard can this be?

Nothing available for the entire first week of May, I just checked at 9:30. Glad to know we at least have a regular ressie for Thurs May 2, made months ago.

Nothing available for the entire first week of May, I just checked at 9:30. Glad to know we at least have a regular ressie for Thurs May 2, made months ago.
It’s not booked yet, just not open for reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter