If You're on the Fence About Going Solo... Do It! (Report, Pics, Tips)

This is amazing. I may have to do this sooner than later because I have DVC points expiring in August and my family is going to upstate NY for the summer.

ip #1- BUY A PARK HOPPER!!

Or an annual pass when they come back so you can do this multiple times. Going solo is cheaper!
Boardwalk Bakery has excellent snacks and coffee,

I usually stay at BWV and go here often. Also to to Beach Club Marketplace which has some different choices.
The Cast Members made me feel extremely comfortable,

Love talking to castmembers!

Any time I felt lonely, I conversed with a Cast Member.

And who is selling this magnificent looking cinnamon creation?
e2wqrTh.jpg

Currently planing to visit alone in January (A friend says he might tag along.) I will be going for a Week I do want to sit on a bench and take in the excitement of others at magic kingdom. but im afraid people will think im weird just sitting there watching others? did you feel like that, did anybody tell you anything?

I used to sit on a lot of benches to enjoy my treats, but Disney is taking many away over the years. It's hard to find an unoccupied sitting spot in MK and they won't let me bring my own chair. Might make me buy a scooter just for a seat.

Thank you for posting this! I have been debating whether to add a park hopper for my upcoming trip and this definitely pushed me more towards "do it"!

I was on the fence about going solo for the first time in March and I went ahead and took the plunge. It was a rejuvenating trip that I enjoyed.

I just got back from a hectic May trip of 8 friends and our teenage boys, we stayed at Old Key West too which was wonderful but one day we were racing around magic kingdom and I saw this cute grandma all decked out in red and white polka dots and a fancy red hat by herself and having a great time:) I wanted to walk up to her and say you’re inspiring me to go solo!! I’m seriously thinking about trying it, thank you for your post!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I love solo trips and have taken many of them and I still learned new ideas from your post.

I have done multiple solo trips to WDW and DLR. it is amazing what you notice-and the no hassle days are incredible. I like it.

These are great tips! My addition: Don't skip the mid-day break. You can burn out even when its only you, especially when you are covering so much ground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts