If your work said to you, you need a few days off

3 days? I couldn't go anywhere useful for 3 days. I mean, I guess I could attach that to a weekend, and make it technically 5 days, but even that's what I'd consider a "quick jaunt". Not a real vacation.

Anyways, given only 3-5 days, I'd pick a major city within a short airline ride's distance. So, probably NYC or Chicago.

Yeah, with travel time I would really only get one day there if I went overseas, and then that day would be spent recovering from jet lag. So... I would pick a beach in Florida close to where some friends live. That way even though I am technically going alone, I have people to visit with. Relaxing. That sounds like a good idea actually, I should do that.
We landed in Paris at 2:00 pm local after an over-night flight from Calgary. We only had the next full day there before moving on and no way were we going to miss it. We pressed through the first afternoon and evening (went to DLP practically in a coma :laughing:) and forced ourselves to stay up until 11:00 pm. We had a great night's sleep and hit the ground running the next morning - jet lag be dammed!

Mexico City! The city is beautiful, the food and art is fantastic, and the flight wouldn't take too long to recover from.

I would take a trip to New Orleans and stay in a suite at the Four Points by Sheraton French Quarter hotel with a Bourbon Street balcony. I would have some great food and take in the sights.

DH and I did this exact trip staying in that hotel (minus the balcony) and it was a fabulous trip!

I'd like Washington DC. What a fun trip for a few days.

I'm the boring one that would prefer to spend the time at home, if I had to go alone. I wouldn't want to go on a trip anywhere, without DH. :duck:

Last edited:
How bout the space station? That would be cool.

CW4D we said LUNCH not LAUNCH!!!!

Hey guys would it be cliche to say Houston we have a problem?

YES.

Will you settle for "Whoopsie?"

I think I'd pick Iceland. I could get there in about 7.5 hours if I had a non-stop flight, so it'd be doable with three days to enjoy in between flights. I could get to Costa Rica in about the same time so that would be my next choice. If the company's paying I want to go somewhere I might not get to otherwise!

Ha, my company I worked for that would never happen. Taking vacations were hard enough. Just being honest.

The Grand Canyon maybe? Last Vegas? Seattle?

Most of my trips, these days, are alone so that would not be a consideration. I am about to go on a five-day trip up the coast of Oregon, alone. It would be nice to have someone to travel with but I am not going to NOT travel because I don't.

Ooooh, so many choices!!!

Do I have to tour alone, or just leave my family behind?

If it's just going somewhere DH and DS wouldn't want to tag along, I think I'd go visit my college roommate in California. - "Boring" I know, but I haven't even met her youngest kid yet, so I'd still love to go.

But if you mean spending the whole time alone, I think NYC. I wouldn't take long to get there from here, there are a bunch of places I'd love to see, and I wouldn't feel guilty going without the others.

I would take a trip to New Orleans and stay in a suite at the Four Points by Sheraton French Quarter hotel with a Bourbon Street balcony. I would have some great food and take in the sights.

May I "second" this travel package / grab one up, for myself? :sail:

I've never been to Las Vegas, and Aerosmith just started their Deuces Are Wild residency!! That's where I'd go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter